• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
ARF on the left, Gen on the right...

The ARF has very slightly thinner Sub-dials and the Sub-dial hands on the Gen are finished better, especially in the centers where they attach.
VxQezf.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Nope. The bad luck was that I couldn't cancel my ARF dial order, and end up paying for the extra dial on top of a new ARF V2. :(

The good news is that you could sell any parts that you don't use M2M on this forum and easily get back what you paid for them.

Reactions: KJ2020

chocovanila

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/15
I'm sitting in my car on the way to work admiring this fine piece.

It's Franken now because the oysterflex strap is Gen.
339247fa5929a35d0334edb1e5abe3e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Noob’s? The yellow hue on the dial too strong tho, obvious tell sign if someone are used to seeing the gen.

johnandtonic

21/2/14
UK
Noob’s? The yellow hue on the dial too strong tho, obvious tell sign if someone are used to seeing the gen.

Interesting observation. I have seen lots of feedback stating the dial colour on the silver 116519 is good.The colour of the dial in the photo can be influenced by the environment (inside or outside), natural or artificial light, camera settings and flash and other factors. Do you have a comparison or is your judgement based on this single picture.

Any owners care to comment?

Last edited:
Reactions: fillintheblank

chocovanila

6/8/15
Interesting observation. I have seen lots of feedback stating the dial colour on the silver 116519 is good. Do you have a comparison or is your judgement based on this single picture.

I have the latest noob piece, exact model and I’ve walked into stores to compare indirectly with the real piece and also seeing photos of gen.

The gen’s dial has a more real silver tone/hue, but noob has a little yellow/sunny hue to it, it will only be a tell sign to someone whom are into the gen of this, however as there’s not many people whom actually own this gen piece, probably can fool most. But I will never take a photo of this replica and post online tho, as a simple online search for people whom posted the gen’s, u can already notice the dial color differences

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK

I’m sorry, these “obvious tells” are not that obvious, majority of Gen owners buy a watch they like and wear it.

I doubt any document (in their mind) any real details of the watch especially the correct hue of the dial? Correct compared to what? Why would any notice this ‘obvious tell’ of the dial on someones watch unless they were aware of a this replica and that there was this difference, highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I’m sorry, these “obvious tells” are not that obvious, majority of Gen owners buy a watch they like and wear it.

I doubt any document (in their mind) any real details of the watch especially the correct hue of the dial? Correct compared to what? Why would any notice this ‘obvious tell’ of the dial on someones watch unless they were aware of a this replica and that there was this difference, highly unlikely.

And to add, to notice this ‘obvious tell’ you would need watches together to see there’s a difference and even then, I wouldn’t naturally assume someones watch is fake if it appears slightly different to mine. As we know there are small differences in model iteration and year etc.

peterpl

24/7/11
I have the latest noob piece, exact model and I’ve walked into stores to compare indirectly with the real piece and also seeing photos of gen.

The gen’s dial has a more real silver tone/hue, but noob has a little yellow/sunny hue to it, it will only be a tell sign to someone whom are into the gen of this, however as there’s not many people whom actually own this gen piece, probably can fool most. But I will never take a photo of this replica and post online tho, as a simple online search for people whom posted the gen’s, u can already notice the dial color differences

Obvious tell? LMFAO. Common man. The picture you posted the lighting is quite obviously in a much brighter lighting environment and the picture above is in a car in the rear seat. Very very different lighting conditions. This is a very very good rep and the color is almost spot on.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Agree with above, Obvious tell comments drive me mad. That’s rep wearer paranoia...

it’s very hard to spot a rep at wrist distances on someone’s wrist. How often do people hold there hands completely still anywhere while out and about so that you can get a real good look at any of the details. Moreover you’d have to know about any difference between the Gen a rep and they are all different depending on factory.

Only comments on Stock reps I get (when I’m with friends and their gens) is “they look the same” until you tell Them the differences most don’t Even see them, that’s with watches together having a look.

a0d212b9c81f0261b5ce68972bed135a.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
But I will never take a photo of this replica and post online tho, as a simple online search for people whom posted the gen’s, u can already notice the dial color differences

Comparing colors online is nearly impossible with different lighting, cameras, computer monitors, and device screens...
You really have to take a picture or video of this replica and a gen together side by side to show an accurate comparison.

A simple online search as you suggest shows at least three gen pictures that don't look that far off from the rep posted above.
I just Googled "116519" images and the colors vary all over. Some look like the Rep and some look like the Gen you posted above...

Rep...
339247fa5929a35d0334edb1e5abe3e0.jpg

Gen..
Rolex116519LN

Gen...
DSC04563.JPG

Gen...
78437_MAIN_4082.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
curious to know where all these shops where you can find steel daytona are

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
71246629162199fc530fffa2523799f5.jpg

I’m about to get this noob one - but am totally confused as to which version it is? It doesn’t really matter but I’m curious to know if anyone could help....

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I’m about to get this noob one - but am totally confused as to which version it is? It doesn’t really matter but I’m curious to know if anyone could help....

It is a Noob 116500 V2 with the new Updated Dial... called a "V2.2" just on this forum to help keep it straight.

Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
I appreciate that - thank you.

I looked and looked but couldn’t make my mind up!

Andreb

21/3/18
Italia
Wonderful so last version is Noob v2. 2. Can you post link of a seller of this version ( from intime or puretime ecc ecc), the last Noob version? Is there danger to buy last version then received old version?

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Wonderful so last version is Noob v2. 2. Can you post link of a seller of this version ( from intime or puretime ecc ecc), the last Noob version? Is there danger to buy last version then received old version?

There’s no danger now no, these sell very fast and are often on pre order at the factory. you’ll get v2.2

kopite81

2/12/18

Lucy has the 2.2s