• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thanks a lot mate. You just saved me a lot of time! Great post with a lot of valuable info and high quality images!

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thanks guru, for taking these pictures and for posting them.
I hope that my comments below are accurate with what you are seeing when you compare the actual watches side by side.

In comparing the Gen 116500 to Noob, the Noob Sub-dials appear slightly larger than the Gen as shown before, but still much better than the old dial.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see this larger...

Comparing your Gen Dial 116520 to the new Noob 116500 below shows the Noob Sub-dials appearing slightly larger, also confirming what was shown before.

The White ARF 116500 Dial Sub-dials appear slightly smaller than Gen, also as was shown before.

Noob subdials are a bit smaller in diameter as well.
See the distance between subdials and nearing hour markers and between subdials themselves.

ilyailya

Known Member
13/7/10
I am thinking about the white dial with ceramic. Should I try to get noob with new dial and get arf ceramic bezel and clasp separately to swap on noob ? Or look for a modified noob with arf dial etc ?
Thanks

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I am thinking about the white dial with ceramic. Should I try to get noob with new dial and get arf ceramic bezel and clasp separately to swap on noob ? Or look for a modified noob with arf dial etc ?
Thanks

I will repeat what has been said many times from the owners
Daytona is a small watch at least for my standards
All these details we are nitpicking are not evident on the wrist
I say get the watch, and judge for your self
I for example was happy with the dial but swapped the bezel because it bothered me.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I will repeat what has been said many times from the owners
Daytona is a small watch at least for my standards
All these details we are nitpicking are not evident on the wrist
I say get the watch, and judge for your self
I for example was happy with the dial but swapped the bezel because it bothered me.

Sound advice here, a lot of people rely on the opinions of others. If you like something try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoobiedooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/19
Uk
You'll be lucky to get an ARF bezel now. I cant see any major problems with the noob clasp, maybe if you carry 16x loupe, but to the naked eye no need IMO.

Reactions: ilyailya

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
ARF clasp looks better , also the coronet is polished like gen
in noob is brushed

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Thanks for a great thread, I've just ordered the ARF 116250 white dial, although I like the idea of having the noob movement I know from previous watches I've owned that I will never use the chrono function so have gone for the ARF and put the saving towards a tag aquaracer, hope I won't be disappointed with my choice

Reactions: indywatchguy

irvin

21/9/15
SG
VRl4SK.jpg

Latest Noob 116500 panda dial from PT according to Elena.
Not sure if it’s v2.2 thou

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Latest Noob 116500 panda dial from PT according to Elena.
Not sure if it’s v2.2 thou

It is a New V2.2 Panda Dial and your older one pictured in the watch is a V1-V2.
Does the Newer Dial look better than the old one in person? Do the Sub-dials look slightly smaller?

Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...
VROsyo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

nottbear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/19
Nottingham
This is a fantastic post. The Daytona will definitely be my next purchase. Think i will go noob as i love the fact that they've cloned the movement.

irvin

21/9/15
SG
M Scott Thanks ! The differences are very minuscule side by side in which I can’t really spot, if I were to say the inner circle of the subdials on the v2.2 does seems millimeters bigger to create the slimmer subdial rings

Had just went for the swap and here’s the dial to dial comparison. Left v2.2 , right v1-v2

VnZnxr.jpg

VnZeuI.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

Moriad

Looking Around
8/12/18
Thank you very much nice topic !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Any chance someone can summarize the general points made in the video in English?

you really need to summarize? Images are not enough??

It is a really terrific replica, is so scary like gen that is almost unbelievable!
With a clone of the movement! what you need more?
And I say "you" but mean "Everybody".

Would like to be picky? get also an ARF and swap dial and bezel. After that, IMHO, you have a top rep to keep for life.