• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
serviced?

No it wasn’t, as I said it was only two days old.

I’ll send it to Adrian to take a look at. I wanted the deco removing and the case back thinned anyway but just wanted to wear it on holiday.

But I’ve been around long enough to know that this can and does happen with reps from time to time.

Bit gutted but I’ll survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnandtonic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/14
UK
Fully agree, most of them I serviced had or bad oils, or dry of oils, and btw it seems to have different quality parts used on the noob 4130, a good exemple is the minute/hour wheel on the train wheel, on some of the 4130 this wheel doesn’t have a jewel on cap for the chrono wheel, here is a pics, on the left there is a jewel in and right not, on the gen there’s a jewel, could explain why some of the noob 4130 doesn’t reset perfectly to 12, I have noticed that on the V2
638649d266bb55fab44d71f427bf1066.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Good observation. So they make a new movement that is generally well received and then start including inferior parts rather than improve the weaknesses. I wonder if this is a QC issue or are they trying to reduce the cost of production? What is everyone thoughts.

r2401

Horology Curious
14/4/19
Hello I bought an daytona arf v2, and I'm happy with it.

It doesn't seem to keep time very well but then again I don't often wear it and I'm not used to automatic watches so this could be normal that it just stops overnight sometimes. As far as servicing is there a person you all send ? I'm hesitant to just bring to any watch shop since it's a rep.

lucyg00se

Known Member
4/4/18
A director at my work is an avid Rolex Collector. He owns over 20 gen Rolex Pieces. He has a "relationship" with his AD. He bought two TT datejust and a Celleni in order to have the privilege of purchasing a Ceramic Daytona from the AD. I have seen his beautiful collection when I went to his house for a BBQ. He didn't know what a chronograph was and I had to show him how to use it. To which he said "Oh I wont use the watch like that" He knows nothing about "flaws", font sizes or dial spacing, he knows nothing about 904 steel vs 316. He buys Rolex because they are pretty, and he wants to think he has class or good taste, and having a Rolex collection makes him feel like that. I am 100% sure I could have switched his gen for a Noob and he would never have a clue. (I didnt lol)

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Hello I bought an daytona arf v2, and I'm happy with it.

It doesn't seem to keep time very well but then again I don't often wear it and I'm not used to automatic watches so this could be normal that it just stops overnight sometimes. As far as servicing is there a person you all send ? I'm hesitant to just bring to any watch shop since it's a rep.

Just checking, have you wound it up?

Mvmtaddict

21/5/19
This thread is great for noobs like me

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

jamilton

3/6/14
Germany
Hello mate and congratulations for your post. For me is clear now which Fac to choose regarding the dial, but regarding the Cas dimensions, especially the height and crown guards, are all same?

thanks!

blahblah87

Horology Curious
5/5/19
Hey guys. Just got these QC pics of the ARF but I have a concern about the SELs. It looks to me like there's a gap on the bottom and top left. Also it seems like the bottom SEL just has an overall gap with the watch. What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/3ShaEfF

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hey guys. Just got these QC pics of the ARF but I have a concern about the SELs. It looks to me like there's a gap on the bottom and top left. Also it seems like the bottom SEL just has an overall gap with the watch. What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/3ShaEfF

For a Noob those would be good, but for an ARF they are a little big.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

A quote from the Head Modderator...

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

Watchman98

5/7/18
New York

Hi all,

i just got my second round of QCs from pure time for an ARF Daytona V2.
i was wondering if anyone would like to share their opinion on how it looks.
everything looks fine to me except that the 6 o’clock marker appears to be a bit off to the left from the “120” marker on the bezel
any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Reactions: newrepper

ARBZ

Known Member
22/8/17
- very bad SELs (see the big angle)
- 9 o'clock marker crooked
- unsure, if this is a V2.2 dial from Noob (looks more like the old V2)

Vf3yI8.jpg

I thought 9 o’clock marker is same on gen? On gen the nine o’clock marker is lower than the number 9 on the subdial..

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited: