• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF DateJust 36mm 126234 - new Basel 2019 model already released in 904L

the massakretor

23/8/13
GMF released the newest 36mm Datejust. Doesn't look bad at all, the factory is reputable. It has the 6 o clock crown between Swiss Made, the new Jubilee bracelet, and the ETA 2824 works exactly like the new Rolex 3235 movement.

Link from a non-TD

https://ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=25739

Gen for comparison: https://production-fratellowatches....nt/uploads/2019/03/Rolex-Date-just-36.001.jpg

Rolex released it so far only in black, GMF went ahead and released a lot of other colors. That will most likely be released in the future from Rolex too.

Reactions: Itto and KJ2020

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
This looks really nice. Shame the silver dial isn't released. Datewheel looks decent too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xky

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
It is looking good. And with the movement 3235 = the 2824 is perfect. Same time-setting direction like GEN. And with the big advantage of an 2824 inside which is very reliable.
Watch looks really nice :)

Is there any decent OP 36mm replica out there or just Datejust ones?

No Oyster Perpetual in 36mm on the Rep market. Unfortunately :-(

HSN

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/17
Looks ace, does anyone know if you can swap the bracelet from this on to a DJF DJ?
Is it generally s okmething interchangeable between factories or is there more to it like slight case shape differences?

Jmw90

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Just received mine a week or two ago. First foray into the rep world. Only thing I have to compare it with is a sarb035. It's a lovely watch. Movement wind isn't amazing smooth but that might be what they are like I don't know. Anyway if you have any questions on the watch let me known

nonox

30/3/12
Could you post some pictures of the watch especially the dial under different angles?
I’m curious to see this watch

Pengiii

Looking Around
28/11/18
Thanks for the pictures, it looks awesome!
On some shoots, we can see a bit of sunburst effect. Is it due to reflects on the crystal or does the dial has this finishing?

Redheart

17/5/19
Wow wow wow, the hours batons are faceted like the gen now!
until now they were square markers unlike gen on oyster perpetuals from the top factories! This is exciting, I may finally have my oyster perpetual 39 in white dial with correct faceted markers... Wait and see when GMF release that one!

Jmw90

Horology Curious
20/6/19
Thanks for the kind words. i don't think the dial is a sunburst, its more one uniform color but under different lighting can have some variation maybe.
in relation to my comment regarding the movement it may not be as smooth as the 6r15 in my seiko because the movement in the datejust is a spring loaded screw in crown style. and i will say, the date just keep better time than the 6r15 from my SARB035 so there you go.
i did compare it to a friends sub during the week, obviously not the same watch but made for an interesting comparison. the quality was comparable. I wouldn't mind getting the new 39 mm spitfire when it comes out in steel. seems to only be brass atm

shortlegs

31/5/19
But the lack of sunburst on the dial is a giveaway and a deal breaker for me. Shame that..

Paoloconti93

Looking Around
23/6/19
Thanks for the kind words. i don't think the dial is a sunburst, its more one uniform color but under different lighting can have some variation maybe.
in relation to my comment regarding the movement it may not be as smooth as the 6r15 in my seiko because the movement in the datejust is a spring loaded screw in crown style. and i will say, the date just keep better time than the 6r15 from my SARB035 so there you go.
i did compare it to a friends sub during the week, obviously not the same watch but made for an interesting comparison. the quality was comparable. I wouldn't mind getting the new 39 mm spitfire when it comes out in steel. seems to only be brass atm

Thank you for the pictures. Is the bezel wrapped in white gold as well?

Jmw90

Horology Curious
20/6/19
I wouldn't know regarding the white gold wrap unfortunately. Maybe contact GMF. id imagine everything is 904L though.

POFEX, looking at the genuine pics, it looks like the dial is also not sunburst? maybe I'm wrong.

As an interesting side note. The watch was purchased from TS using a brand new credit card. Nothing had ever been charged to that account. Only the one transaction.
the CC company locked my card due to suspicious transactions and it turns out there were a bunch of charges to Facebook that i never made. As i know that account has been used for nothing other that TS i am very confident TS's CC processing is not secure. keep that in mind.

Pengiii

Looking Around
28/11/18
Thank you for the feedback on TS, very useful.
How are the lumes colour between the hands and indices?
Most of the time, in picture they look the same, but in real life with different lights, you can see a difference.

pedrospe

Horology Curious
23/7/19
thank you very much for the pictures! i cant see any drastic flaws on the watch but maybe im missing something, perhaps the fluted bezel is not as well made as the arf one? what do you guys think?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Looks insanely good replicated.
This is the way to go for everyone looking for a gift for his wife/girlfriend :D