• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 16610 braclet adjustment

cannockwolf

Known Member
18/2/19
UK
I am getting a JF 16610 tomorrow and will most likely need to alter the strap, I've read people locktite theirs, does this mean they use screws rather than a push pin like my Tissot braclet?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Cheers will order some

make sure to order medium Loctite, i think the number is "241". It is only necessary to use if you find a certain screw to be problematic, I would not apply it on every screw. It is also very important to apply it to the female end, sparingly.

I always soak and clean the bracelet before attempting to remove screws. The bracelets can be pretty dirty from the factory and usually a good cleaning makes it easier to remove the screws without issues.

Make sure you use the correct size screw driver, in width, length, and depth. The rep screws can be soft and will mar.

cannockwolf

Known Member
18/2/19
UK
make sure to order medium Loctite, i think the number is "241". It is only necessary to use if you find a certain screw to be problematic, I would not apply it on every screw. It is also very important to apply it to the female end, sparingly.

I always soak and clean the bracelet before attempting to remove screws. The bracelets can be pretty dirty from the factory and usually a good cleaning makes it easier to remove the screws without issues.

Make sure you use the correct size screw driver, in width, length, and depth. The rep screws can be soft and will mar.

thanks for the info, i got this one from browsing forum posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loctite-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Reactions: Maron

cannockwolf

Known Member
18/2/19
UK
and post photos!!! :ttiwwop:

i only have this one pic so far, but the watch was serviced by someone and had some franken work done on it so im hopeful its already been done tbh luckily i have the same size wrist the previous owner does and it fits perfectly :woo: