• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for the best Explorer (1) Rep I can get.

Faj

10/3/19
Dear watch lovers!

I am Looking for the best Explorer (1) Rep I can get.
Just ordered a Planet Ocean and a Sub.
and really need the best Ex 1 I can get.

36 mm prefered- if necessary I would go with the 39 mm.

As I imagine that this is my so called grail watch, I even considered to buy it in gen.

But the how can one really know?

Help is very much appreciated.

(If I really buy further reps will depend on what I will get delivered see on top. I am a newbie, noob but love beautiful watches.)

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
My much maligned ARF days hi! I love it! In the setting sun...
BZky6.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

Faj

10/3/19
Is it enough to substitute the gen - or it’s easy to spot?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I seriously doubt anyone is going to spot a half decent fake on the wrist. Maybe if it's an E xplorer version, a massive watch addict night pick up on it, but they'd still probably need a closer look at it than a mere glance.

Reactions: Faj and Seefeld

Faj

10/3/19
@Seefeld
Now serviced - it is fine with the movement?
(didn’t finished the other thread yet)

From which source you ordered that piece?
Are there some recent news?

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Faj the movement runs smoothly and it is very gen like, go back and go on studying the other thread, the problem will most probably be confusion arising more and more :)
I'm waiting for a BP and I'll make a comparison with my arf as soon as it'll be in my hands :)
Then, I'll sell one of them, or, who knows, both and go gen :(
The truth is that both bp and arf / jf have something wrong, but imho the 214270 is the best modern rolex around!

Reactions: Faj

Faj

10/3/19
For me it’s just to scratch that itch.
Seeing good worn Generic Ex 1s I really think, if you can have a Rep which does the same and keeps a beating, it’s just fine.
I could alone for the service cost of a Gen just get a new (better?).

better than keep the watch in a save and be afraid while wearing.

the next thing is, I even don’t know if I like it on the long run - Never worn a Gen.

its definitely not about posing or such - I just love watches (and to many and mostly expensive ones) and want to enjoy.

of course nobody wants to be called out on a Replica. But so, it’s everybody’s own business what One does, right?
????

Faj

10/3/19
About the value of a Gen vs Rep I just imagine, what if I would pay the watch in pure gold ounces?
Gen 8-10 Ounces Goldcoin
Rep 1/4-1/2 Ounce

... just think about it

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I like the BP except for the hands: they’re completely flat.

I had a jf and stupidly sold it because I needed the cash. I think I’ll have to buy it again

Reactions: Faj

timmyturner plug

Looking Around
22/7/19
This thread is a mess, so if i want the best explorer wich one i have to take: arf,bo or jf?? Or or buy the best dial and then mount it on the one with the best structure??

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
This thread is a mess, so if i want the best explorer wich one i have to take: arf,bo or jf?? Or or buy the best dial and then mount it on the one with the best structure??

The gentle people of this forum apologize to you for making this thread a mess and not clearly addressing your needs and desires

Last edited:

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
timmyturner plug is your user name really your email address? Never seen that before.