• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3132 movement reliability

jonwatch

Horology Curious
27/12/18
Hi everyone,
While waiting for a DateJust 41 126334 ARF with a silver dial, fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet using a 2824....here's hoping...I thought I would perhaps look at another rep I would love to collect:

The OP 39mm 114300 ARF using the SH3132
https://puretime.io/oyster-perpetua...se-and-bracelet-gray-rhodium-dial-sh3132.html

As I have read the SH movements, especially the 3235's are not very reliable, I was wondering how the SH3132 is holding up? Has anyone had them blow up? Any insight would be would be helpful and appreciated.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
All the Asian superclone 3xxx series can be regarded more or less equally in terms of reliabity. SH is a lttle better than SA, but the potential to experience power reserve issues is greater than in an ETA. The two reversing wheels in the autowind device are the culprit, and normally require gen parts replacement since rep parts are not available. Also, datewheels can be a challenge to replace with gen due to manufacturing and design tolerances.

jonwatch

Horology Curious
27/12/18
Thank you for the info. That's a great explanation on the reversing wheels that I had no idea about. I think the one good thing about these clone movements is that its easier to swap out for gen parts. Correct? Downside being as you said, you almost have to at some point

OfficineLabs

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/3/19
All the Asian superclone 3xxx series can be regarded more or less equally in terms of reliabity. SH is a lttle better than SA, but the potential to experience power reserve issues is greater than in an ETA. The two reversing wheels in the autowind device are the culprit, and normally require gen parts replacement since rep parts are not available. Also, datewheels can be a challenge to replace with gen due to manufacturing and design tolerances.

Can you clean and lube those reversing gears? Or no matter what they just break?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Can you clean and lube those reversing gears? Or no matter what they just break?

You could, but problem is due poor material quality on those reversing wheels that the teeth (gear) slowly worn off and eventually fully worn off hence power reserve problem. And the metal flakes from it get rub everywhere in the movement... causing more problem to whole movement.

​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-3135-3131/6601960-sh3135-essential-upgrades

Have a read, this is still recommended

Reactions: KJ2020