• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 126600 v3 just released, whats new?

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Noob (left), ARF (right)

3461c25219e2304a81502654417a028b.jpg

4060f51e4ed24b56cee6993b2f438418.jpg

Noob (top), ARF(bottom).
122e14ccd3ad839b8f66dacabc910c63.jpg

The roundness can be seen quite obvious.
How about the behavior of the noob dial in artificial light ? Does it turn matte like this ? Or does it stay glossy ?

b2665b23dd441d39c9faef1b3de45265.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The dial on the Noob is identical in matte effect to the arf as I have both and the watch ks is showing as noob actually is my watch I bought from them.

The bezel on the Noob is perfect in shape and teeth. The crown guards are better than arf. The rehaut is better. Dial and hands are overall better and the datewheel fonts on mine are very good.

I’ve owned and modded both Noob and arf and this one hits the mark over arf.

The insert on mine has been to USD plating which has improved the effect on the numerals but arf has a better pearl but the engravings are better on the Noob. I’ve actually located a gen insert so hopefully I can upgrade that aspect of the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18
The dial on the Noob is identical in matte effect to the arf as I have both and the watch ks is showing as noob actually is my watch I bought from them.

The bezel on the Noob is perfect in shape and teeth. The crown guards are better than arf. The rehaut is better. Dial and hands are overall better and the datewheel fonts on mine are very good.

The insert on mine has been to USD plating which has improved the effect on the numerals but arf has a better pearl but the engravings are better on the Noob. I’ve actually located a gen insert so hopefully I can upgrade that aspect of the watch.

Thanks for this level of comparison info mate, much appreciated and leaning towards the noob now

Drewsak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19
Great. I’m so confused now. I thought ARF was best OOTB but looks like most here say NOOB is better. Apparently the ARF V3 date wheel font is too bold now. If I’m gonna purchase, I should go with ARF V2 or NOOB V9 right? Just want the best OOTB...don’t plan on doing mods outside of prof crystal. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

13stepper

10/3/19
Interesting thread, great comparisons!

If only the NOOB could get the pearl right, I feel that change would really knock it out of the park and leave ARF behind in the dust.

Now I'm confused lol. I've been contemplating buying the ARF V3 and the TD has recommended it as well.

the hour markers and the 6\9 markers are blatantly more accurate on the NOOB.

Any comments on the bracelet?

Reactions: Drewsak

Wheel

1/8/18
They range around $600. I installed the prof xtal first and it's a great quality xtal. 2 weeks later I found a gen and spent the money had it installed and it looks amazing. Now the prof is in a drawer but definitely a nice alternative for at least 1/3 the cost.

Hi,
Do you know
where can I get hold of an prof xtal?
thanks in advance...
sincerely,
Wheel

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Hi,
Do you know
where can I get hold of an prof xtal?
thanks in advance...
sincerely,
Wheel

You can contact prof by his email:

[email protected]

He is one of our supporting vendors. You can also check him out under that section.

Love his crystal......!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel

1/8/18
Thank’s alot!
by the way, I love your watch! Just say when you want to let it go:rolleyes:

m5smg2

Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Thanks for this. How is the Noob ceramic insert fitted? On ARF it is pressure fit like gen (not glue).

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Thanks for this. How is the Noob ceramic insert fitted? On ARF it is pressure fit like gen (not glue).

Sadly it’s glued on the Noob.

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Crystal height is nowhere near what it needs to be, way too high over the bezel.

It’s a fraction higher but only because I’ve got the bezel sitting too tight to the case. It won’t be when I re-press the crystal retainer.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Too bad, on Noob the Insert is glued, on ARF V3 I think it's pressed in?!?
I read somewhere that bezel shape is identical to gen, also Caseshape is better now.
Anyway bezel Insert cut outs are too deep now on V3
Would like to know if a gen Bezel will fit on both watches.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and Alexkat