• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf 126600 (sd43) v3 904l - a2824

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
Bezel teeth don't appear to be as "pointy"

I may be wrong...

Reactions: vcappp

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Looks awesome! It's amazing how far reps have come since I bought my first Noob GMTIIc in 2008! LOL

kopite81

2/12/18
Love mine. It is possibly one of the best out of the box reps I’ve had.

Enjoy it!!

35834c4d0a6f62caa6e4831149291b46.jpg
29eb1530edd86f6419a22d73fe320aa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mendota and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Enjoy it!!

is the crown winding direction same as gen?

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
kopite81

Is this the V3?! How'd you get it so fast? :)

Looks nice... It'll be at the top of my list...right after ARF's new GMT Master II when it comes out.

Reactions: Drewsak

Drewsak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19

Enjoy it!!

Beautiful watch. I actually just ordered one myself. I’m curious though...could just be the camera angle but it looks like the 30 alignment is off in the first picture. Looks like one number is higher /lower than the other. I don’t see this in the second picture so is it the camera angle of the first pic that’s messing with my mind?

Sent from the RWI App

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
From what I've noticed the dial "sea-dweller" appears to be the correct shade of red. not sure if the pictures are messing with my tired eyes but the bezel looks a bit better on the v3 from the TD's pictures.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
They say updated clasp but still says SMISS MADE

factories keep fucking with us.
Releasijg new versions of the same shit with minor updates and charging an extra hundred.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Not much of a fan.
It's supposed to have an updated rehaut and clasp.
1. The price is borderline insane for a clone eta rep. We all know rep prices saw a steady increase over the past years and that is due to our purchasing behavior. It has almost nothing to do with manufacturing cost. Buying a Chinese Eta rep for over 500 bucks is a signal for the factories and dealers to keep raising prices. They used to sell for around 280 to 330 bucks... But us idiots keep buying, regardless of the price.
2. How is this V3 an update? Updated rehaut? What a joke! What piece of junk is that!? lol

VKGxp2.md.jpg

3. The clasp looks good when closed, but the engravings still suck. As hurk pointed out, even the font is garbage.
I don't see how this supposedly "V3" is an upgrade over the "V1", except for the fucking date wheel (took them long enough to correct a simple font everyone was complaining about)!

Before I end this rant, I want to remind everyone that we are their cash cows, and only we can influence the market development. Think about how Noob has literally been playing with us sheep since their V3 (!) Submariner - going back and forth while increasing prices with every release, but hardly adding any value, if any. The current V9 Noob Sub is hardly better than the V3 sub, with the exception of the bezel insert and (*sarcastic cheering*) 904L steel, at almost twice the price.

I see similar structures with JF / ARF going on. Seriously, how is this a $ 508 rep?
Cheap Chinese eta clone movement + the watch (that isn't any more expensive to manufacture than any other dive watch replica) should cost around 300-350 USD. The rest ARF is putting on top is simple profit margin. We idiots keep buying, they keep laughing at us. ;)
Remember when ARF was the new kid on the block and everyone was happy that Noob factory finally has some competition? While prices should have DECREASED a bit since then, they INCREASED massively! I suspect price arrangement going on between the big players, but that's a topic for itself.
I should create a blog about replica conspiracies... lol :D

Last edited:

MrBeasy

8/2/16
Bezel teeth look good to me. I wonder if I could just order the bezel.

I had to get my v2 bezel milled.

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
Not much of a fan.
1. The price is borderline insane for a clone eta rep. We all know rep prices saw a steady increase over the past years and that is due to our purchasing behavior. It has almost nothing to do with manufacturing cost. Buying a Chinese Eta rep for over 500 bucks is a signal for the factories and dealers to keep raising prices. They used to sell for around 280 to 330 bucks... But us idiots keep buying, regardless of the price.
2. How is this V3 an update? Updated rehaut? What a joke! What piece of junk is that!? lol

VKGxp2.md.jpg

3. The clasp looks good when closed, but the engravings still suck. As hurk pointed out, even the font is garbage.
I don't see how this supposedly "V3" is an upgrade over the "V1", except for the fucking date wheel (took them long enough to correct a simple font everyone was complaining about)!

Before I end this rant, I want to remind everyone that we are their cash cows, and only we can influence the market development. Think about how Noob has literally been playing with us sheep since their V3 (!) Submariner - going back and forth while increasing prices with every release, but hardly adding any value, if any. The current V9 Noob Sub is hardly better than the V3 sub, with the exception of the bezel insert and (*sarcastic cheering*) 904L steel, at almost twice the price.

I see similar structures with JF / ARF going on. Seriously, how is this a $ 508 rep?
Cheap Chinese eta clone movement + the watch (that isn't any more expensive to manufacture than any other dive watch replica) should cost around 300-350 USD. The rest ARF is putting on top is simple profit margin. We idiots keep buying, they keep laughing at us. ;)
Remember when ARF was the new kid on the block and everyone was happy that Noob factory finally has some competition? While prices should have DECREASED a bit since then, they INCREASED massively! I suspect price arrangement going on between the big players, but that's a topic for itself.

Confirm.

TheRealm

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/3/19
South Carolina, USA
New member here... :wave-1:

I saw this on a few of the dealer websites yesterday. I inquired about it on Puretime and got a reply this morning.

"ARF v3 is better than noob v9 and the bezel font has been upgraded same as gen on v3 comparing to v2"

Take that for what it's worth. I've been leaning towards the ARF SD43 for a while now. Hope the DW font alignment and size was corrected. Otherwise, it seems that the consensus on all the forums was that its the better rep for this model.

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Thats really too shitty about the rehaut engravings not lining up. Noob did it just fine with thier Daytona, but I guess ARF is still a ways from that level of detail...

So much for one of the best rollies out of the box huh?

Im beginning to think Noob’s new Daytonas are the closest things we have in terms of closeness to gen for the rolex world.

w_g98

Known Member
16/7/15
Thats really too shitty about the rehaut engravings not lining up. Noob did it just fine with thier Daytona, but I guess ARF is still a ways from that level of detail...

So much for one of the best rollies out of the box huh?

Im beginning to think Noob’s new Daytonas are the closest things we have in terms of closeness to gen for the rolex world.

Gen rehauts aren't aligned on every gen either, so what's the issue?

Reactions: maxracingshox

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
You speak the truth. Amen! I found this hobby in 2008 and at first, I used it to test drive 2 gens that I wanted to purchase someday. It confirmed to me that I indeed liked those watches and would get them in gen form when I could. Then I found the vintage world and that completely changed my perspective.

I will never purchase another modern rep again, especially at these insane prices. I would rather use that money and put it towards parts for a masterpiece vintage franken/genken build using Vietnam components and gen parts whenever possible. I would much rather have a vintage masterpiece on my wrist that can be a conversation starter about how I worked with a master watch builder/Jedi to source parts and build this from scratch, versus buying what many people consider to be cheap Chinese knockoffs. If a civilian ever knew someone would pay $500 for this they would flip their lid! Why not buy an Apple watch or Samsung gear watch for the same price or less? It's FAR more useful and versatile. It's hard to counter that logic with someone when they have such a really good point! With vintage watch builds, however, it's different. It's like restoring and building vintage cars or motorcycles or other vintage collectibles. People "get it" and everyone thinks that stuff is super cool and interesting. I don't know, but it just feels different to me and I love the history and uniqueness of the vintage pieces. That's my two cents...

Not much of a fan.

VKGxp2.md.jpg

TheRealm

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/3/19
South Carolina, USA
^ Me personally, only reason I am considering a new rep is to get a better day-to-day feel of what the gen will be like when I *eventually* (hopefully) get the real thing. And if all is good to go, use it as a backup or casual wearer.

Most vintage watches aren't my preferred size (43mm), and this Sea Dweller is.

Reactions: Mendota