Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Arf 126600 (sd43) v3 904l - a2824

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InfiniteOcean View Post
    Regarding the bezels. I want to like Noobs bezel more but I feel the only detractor is Noob used a whiter paint on the numbers, Arf seems a little more metallic. It seems to me like ARFs painted numerals are closer to gen.
    Yes the Noob insert is not as good in colour but now I’ve plated the insert it’s very much like the arf but not as good as gen sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

botsyboy Was it the level of reflection that didn't quite compare? It seems like those Gen numerals are radioactive, they always find a way to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelagic View Post

The issue is the text layout on the “supposed” upgraded V3. Even if it’s aligned correctly the spacing of the lettering will be off.

Latest V3 look at the spacing. If it was aligned it will still be off.

My ARF mixed with a few I had to get the best look. It has a gen crystal and datewheel.
        Alignment is better than the V3.

My gen.

I have the noob 904 sd43 coming in. From what I see it’s going to be good competition. A mix of the two will be a nice example.
        Ah, okey now I see your point. I can see that as an issue.

For the pefectionists, my gen sub:

https://imgur.com/m2VetKc

Comment

Originally posted by InfiniteOcean View Post
          botsyboy Was it the level of reflection that didn't quite compare? It seems like those Gen numerals are radioactive, they always find a way to shine.
          Yes. The gen platinum numerals really sparkle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The issue is the text layout on the “supposed” upgraded V3. Even if it’s aligned correctly the spacing of the lettering will be off.

Latest V3 look at the spacing. If it was aligned it will still be off.

My ARF mixed with a few I had to get the best look. It has a gen crystal and datewheel.
            Alignment is better than the V3.

My gen.

I have the noob 904 sd43 coming in. From what I see it’s going to be good competition. A mix of the two will be a nice example.
            Sorry for the newbie question but where did you get the gen crystal and date wheel? And how difficult to change out?

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

I have had my eyes on the ARF v.2 for I while, and at the same day I was about to order it I saw the v.3.
              I placed the order on the v.3 thinking it would be improved in some way. Waiting for my QC pictures now and I will try to share some pictures of it when it arrives.

Comment

Here are some QC pictures I just received. The biggest tell what I can see from a GEN is the alignment and spacing off the rehaut rolex engraving. The same goes for the DW.

Comment

Here is your V3 vs. my old V2

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex223344 View Post
                    Here are some QC pictures I just received. The biggest tell what I can see from a GEN is the alignment and spacing off the rehaut rolex engraving. The same goes for the DW.
                    That's a great quality SD43! Thanks for sharing. Rehaut alignment doesn't look too bad to me probably won't get much better than that from ARF. Dang, I just paid for a ARF V2 DSSD D-blue, might have to cave on this as well

Comment

I wonder if its worth ordering just the bezel and/or dial and swapping them into my v2, which is otherwise perfect.
                      "Thats how you get ants..."

Comment

Noobs midcase is definitely better. Correct crown height. Crown guards are better.

I had the 316 noob sd43 and I think the dial is better. Markers are better hands are better.

The bezel we’ll see. Noob looks good from pics. If you’re lucky and get a good bezel with ARF it is good. The inserts will never be like the gen.

My plans with the noob
                        Noob midcase
                        Gen full bezel
                        Gen hands
                        Gen date wheel
                        Gen markers on noob dial
                        Gen crystal
                        ARF bracelet if noob sucks and it fits well

I went over board with this watch cause it’s one of my favorite modern Rolex pieces. Loved so much bought the gen. Still feel like I need to finish the build though.
                        So if you had to pick one up out of the box, you'd pick the noob version over the arf correct mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex223344 View Post

DW too bold it was better on V2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidenjoy View Post

DW too bold it was better on V2.
                            I had an exceptional thin Datewheel on the V2 but in general all ARFs suffer from that.

Comment

Working...
                            X