• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake rolex on rolex forum?

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
what a joke the TRF can be... the mod replies to me asking what I'm talking about and threatening to ban me for making a false report

Renowned Member
9/12/18
what a joke the TRF can be... the mod replies to me asking what I'm talking about and threatening to ban me for making a false report

Man, this is sad. You already did your part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummania

Renowned Member
8/6/12
Case is absolutely JF based on those short CGs and lacking movement cut out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
hopefully the other mod i reached out to will have some more senses to at least take a serious look at it... otherwise I feel really bad for whomever it is paying $6100 for a $2000 watch that is also completely rep on the outside.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I texted the guy who is selling it and asked if he could f2f me in tampa rolex ad to check authenticity before.

Waiting for the reply

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
Based on his feedback, sales history, and openness to post movement pic, he might not even know it is a franken rep. he also has someone lined up as he has it as ohpf. I've reached out to yet another mod hoping they can look at it. If i get banned by derp mod #1 for going out of my way to raise a concern, then fvck em and - maybe you can follow up if you want...

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That's a shame. Looks like there's plenty of evidence that proves that at least the case is a JF v2, and they threat to ban you? I wouldn't say f. them, as it looks like someone will get ripped off if you just leave it, but it's quite a disappointing one.

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
Yeah finally got around to mod#1 about the concerns. Still hoping who ever was lined up was able to recoup

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
He replied to my text that he has pending payment.

not sure if he sold it or not.

shame

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
The rest is on the their mods and the seller, we did our part Good job on the catching that it's a rep

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Yeah I'm new to this rep scene but you guys rock here and I was able to learn a lot and this one was fishy for me th as t why I posted to confirm my suspicion.

anyway. The seller replied to my PM

VK6iIa.jpg

I'm glad we were able to stop it.

good job !

Reactions: Hinclimincli

johloo

Renowned Member
Patron
14/3/17
I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He seems to have decent feedback and posted a lot of high res close up pics not trying to hide anything; if he did know it was a rep, then that was super brazen of him. Either way, like you said, glad we were able get this flagged or some poor sap would've paid gen price to wear and cherish this rep as if it were a gen.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Did id you give them detail the way it’s explained in the thread? They’re uptight mo-fo’s Over there. And just expresssing knowledge of reps is like a mortal sin. The only thing you can say over there is... well, you can’t say anything. You can’t say something is a replica. They really just want to to pretend there is no replica world out there. I did a search for Submariner bracelets a few weeks ago and the only ones that popped up and we’re available we’re an ARF and a noob but there’s no telling them shit. All you can do is buyer beware over there.

Its not the best best place to post a rep Rolex watch but parts fly under the radar there all the time.

The listing ting is gone now. Does anyone have a pic of the watch in question?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Yeah I'm new to this rep scene but you guys rock here and I was able to learn a lot and this one was fishy for me th as t why I posted to confirm my suspicion.

anyway. The seller replied to my PM

VK6iIa.jpg

I'm glad we were able to stop it.

good job !

I think I might believe him. Most of the sellers over there are really sticklers for authenticity. Especially since only pledge members can post.