• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No one ever talks about maintenance?

GodlyAntonio

Horology Curious
26/4/18
So like everyone else, I am looking for a 116610LN or Pepsi gmt...blah blah we've all read it a million times. But I have looked through other threads and never really seen people comment on when they get the watched maintenance? When it hits your door step are you going to your local watch smith, are you just waiting til it doesn't keep time? I am obviously referring to a noob v9 since it is the newest, and most referenced 116610LN, I have realized. The Pepsi, I have no clue the common preference. But you bois get the idea.

Reactions: Smee38

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It depends on the movement. If it's a clone ETA they are usually quite reliable and you can always replace it later with another one for cheap if it fails. If it's a clone Rolex movement, although they are getting better, they are not as reliable on average, and most of the time you'd need to replace with gen parts (with sh, not sa). So you may want to get them serviced right away

GodlyAntonio

Horology Curious
26/4/18
It depends on the movement. If it's a clone ETA they are usually quite reliable and you can always replace it later with another one for cheap if it fails. If it's a clone Rolex movement, although they are getting better, they are not as reliable on average, and most of the time you'd need to replace with gen parts (with sh, not sa). So you may want to get them serviced right away
what is the regularly recommended movement for something like a noob 116610LN? I rarely see people speak on movements as if its common knowledge?

Tobel

6/7/17
Noob v9 comes with a2836 or sa3135. A2836 would be more reliable but if think the case is not as accurate as the case for the sa3135. You need to read the threads on the watches that you want to buy. All this is discussed. In addition there is a section about movements that will help you understand pros and cons of each movement:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/movements

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

I just ordered the Noob Daytona 116500 with SA4130 movement. Does this movement require immediate servicing once I receive them?

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
SH need to be serviced
Not sure if SA too

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tobel

6/7/17
I just ordered the Noob Daytona 116500 with SA4130 movement. Does this movement require immediate servicing once I receive them?

So far it seems the sa4130 has been quite reliable

Tobel

6/7/17

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Good to know. Thanks.

I sold an omega and sent off to the buyer. When it arrived the watch stopped working. Turned out after being serviced, some debris (probably from the manufacturing process) has lodged itself in the gears possibly during transit. After servicing the watch came back to life.

Reactions: watchboi