• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice: Do ARF Rollies come back in stock?

boeder

Horology Curious
21/6/17
I'm in hunt for a DayJust 36mm 126233 (its actually a rep of a 116233), I need your advice on the following:

- Most TDs come back to me that the specific model I want is out of stock with ARF saying it "could" be back in a month or so. Do Rollies that go out of stock come back? Or do are discontinued? How do the factories operate?

- One TD told me that this ARF model is in stock, I insisted they check, they still said it is in stock. Is it possible that this TD has the watch while other don't even though its the same factory? Again how does that work? I don't want to transfer money to this TD only for it to be out of stock, refund in this case will be a pain.

Excuse my noob-ish query. Your inputs are highly appreciate!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It is possible that this TD had some stock. Why would you doubt them?

boeder

Horology Curious
21/6/17
It is possible that this TD had some stock. Why would you doubt them?

I wouldn't call it doubt, I just like to be sure before doing another wire transfer and then QC telling me it's out of stock, refunds are a hassle!

I asked some TDs to verify after they said "yes" and they came back to me with a "sorry, its out of stock", this specific TD insists its in stock. I guess im overthinking?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Tough to say mate. I hear you on the pain to get wire transfer back but in the end they're TD for a reason so if they tell you that they checked twice and have it in stock I would trust them. But that's just me ;)

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I wouldn't call it doubt, I just like to be sure before doing another wire transfer and then QC telling me it's out of stock, refunds are a hassle!

I asked some TDs to verify after they said "yes" and they came back to me with a "sorry, its out of stock", this specific TD insists its in stock. I guess im overthinking?

Ya, its rather annoying. I ordered from a TD and they told me when I asked and before sending money that the watch is in stock. When I sent the money, the bad news came. No stock and not sure when the watch will be in stock. It wasn't like it went out of stock just before I sent the money. I think its more likely TD never checked and assumed it's in stock.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Ya, its rather annoying. I ordered from a TD and they told me when I asked and before sending money that the watch is in stock. When I sent the money, the bad news came. No stock and not sure when the watch will be in stock. It wasn't like it went out of stock just before I sent the money. I think its more likely TD never checked and assumed it's in stock.
Nope last they checked it was in stock. You sent your money, they went to market and low and behold its now sold out. RWI and the other rep forums are a very small part of the sales for the factories. Not uncommon for a major seller (not TD) to go to the factory and purchase all their stock before you TD got there to get your watch
Sucks but facts

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Nope last they checked it was in stock. You sent your money, they went to market and low and behold its now sold out. RWI and the other rep forums are a very small part of the sales for the factories. Not uncommon for a major seller (not TD) to go to the factory and purchase all their stock before you TD got there to get your watch
Sucks but facts

Sent from my Noob v9.5

I guess. Man! they must be rolling out these watches by the truck load.

boeder

Horology Curious
21/6/17
So even this one TD that said it was in stock now triple checked and said the factory is out.

I guess my question is: Do the rep Rolex's come back in stock or are they permanently gone? I have time and can wait.