• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP v2 Datejust 2824 clone - service?

gatchy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/19
Sweden
I’m going to get a watch from TD and it’s made by BP and it’s a v2 Datejust with clone 2824 movement. Do you think it would need an immidiate service? Also when I get it serviced should I get a full one done which includes cleaning, repairing, measuring waterresistance or just specific service? Going to plan my budget for the watch since I also want to replace the crystal immidiatly aswell.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
The clone 2824 is very stable imo even without service. And its cheaper to replace (clone) the movement than to service it. Would advice you to go for a gen serviced ETA, more cost effective and reliable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: gatchy and Nur-Uhr

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
The clone 2824 is very stable imo even without service. And its cheaper to replace (clone) the movement than to service it. Would advice you to go for a gen serviced ETA, more cost effective and reliable.

Should I get another watch with another movement you mean? Or should I upgrade the clone to an ETA movement? Could you clearify since I’m noob to replica watches.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Should I get another watch with another movement you mean? Or should I upgrade the clone to an ETA movement? Could you clearify since I’m noob to replica watches.

Buy the watch you want. Many clone ETAs outlive their buyer's period of ownership. If it's running well, leave it alone. If it dies and you want to keep the watch, replace the clone ETA with a gen ETA.

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
Buy the watch you want. Many clone ETAs outlive their buyer's period of ownership. If it's running well, leave it alone. If it dies and you want to keep the watch, replace the clone ETA with a gen ETA.

Roger that. What are your thoughts on getting a genuine dial on a BP DJ? Is it worth the investment since the dial is worth just a little less than the watch itself. I will 100% get a genuine crystal to it though since it just changes the aesthetics for the better.

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
go for the arf datejust,its aamazing watch

What's the main difference? I don't think the ARF have the clone 2824 movement but I also heard that it accepts genuine parts better. So what's the main reasoning behind choosing ARF above the BP one. Also doesn't the ARF one cost a lot more?

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Gen dial will not drop fit on a BP DJ. You have to mod it to fit, and that is no easy task unless you have skill.
My personal preference is to stick with A2824 for the general reliability, ease of repair and future replacement/upgrade. However, the ARF 3135 has several notable cosmetic/operation advantages over the A2824, which you can find out more in many RWI threads.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
What KJ said. Once it dies you can swap it with a gen ETA. Are you refering to DJ 41 or DJ 36? Either ways the current ARF models are way better ootb. 36 has 3135 and 2824, 41 uses 2824 which is accurate as its the same winding direction as 3235. Just get what you like, if anything fails plenty of help on the forum.

Reactions: gatchy

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
Gen dial will not drop fit on a BP DJ. You have to mod it to fit, and that is no easy task unless you have skill.
My personal preference is to stick with A2824 for the general reliability, ease of repair and future replacement/upgrade. However, the ARF 3135 has several notable cosmetic/operation advantages over the A2824, which you can find out more in many RWI threads.

I looked into it on the forum and as a conclusion I’m still not sure. Most of the reviews are complaining about the movement inside the ARF DJ and they’re also complaining about the DW being too thick compared to a gen or a BP. However I also read that the ARF is more genlike with the case, bezel, crystal, crown and bezel. I want the watch to be durable and good looking ootb. Therefor I’m stuck between ARF and BP. I might just get the ARF and replace the DW with a genuine one.

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
What KJ said. Once it dies you can swap it with a gen ETA. Are you refering to DJ 41 or DJ 36? Either ways the current ARF models are way better ootb. 36 has 3135 and 2824, 41 uses 2824 which is accurate as its the same winding direction as 3235. Just get what you like, if anything fails plenty of help on the forum.

At first I was talking about the TT DJ 2 (I think it’s 40mm). But now that I’m looking into it more I think that the SS 41 might be the one to go for since the TTs always has gold issues.

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
What's the main difference? I don't think the ARF have the clone 2824 movement but I also heard that it accepts genuine parts better. So what's the main reasoning behind choosing ARF above the BP one. Also doesn't the ARF one cost a lot more?

Overal finish is way better

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
ARF has a way better case and overall finish, to top it off its 904L. If im not mistaken BP uses 2836 like Noob, which makes the crown height wrong.

There's a ARF DJ41 thread going on, you can see the difference in the DW compared to gen, imo its not that far off.

gatchy

26/2/19
Sweden
ARF has a way better case and overall finish, to top it off its 904L. If im not mistaken BP uses 2836 like Noob, which makes the crown height wrong.

There's a ARF DJ41 thread going on, you can see the difference in the DW compared to gen, imo its not that far off.

Okay thank you. I will look for that thread and make my choice. But I believe I will go for the ARF since it sounds more like an investment rather than a buy and put away.