• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Warranty on Noob Watches ?

cooper1

Horology Curious
25/12/18
hi,

i had purchased a Hulk Submariner V9 and a Deep sea (both Noob) from a China based seller. I believe he's not a seller on this forum.

The Deep sea literally started falling apart as soon as i got it, in that the screws weren't tight and links were falling off. Then the clasp started coming apart. In the meantime i had ordered a V9 Hulk Sub from the same seller. i travel to China half a dozen times a year, so i had the watches sent to the place i visit there (safer than having them shipped to Australia).

Anyway, the Hulk was no better. The numbers on the bezel started to lose their ink , the date wheel was crooked, and the crown was very stiff and hard to use. I sent both watches back to the seller, who supposedly sent them back to Noob for repair. He's now holding me to ransom and won't return the watches until i come up with 450 RMB for the "repair" bill. He's claiming that there was nothing wrong with the watches when he sent them.

Does Noob offer some sort of warranty ? I see on their website they do, but like everything bought from China, who knows. I have bought over 40 watches from a Shenzhen based dealer. These are low end replicas (usually 400 -500 RMB). i have never had the quality issues or warranty issues that i have had with these two watches that cost a combined 6000 RMB

Reactions: Midnightx

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
The Noob factory doesn't have a website. Buy from trusted dealers in the future. They won't hold your watches for ransom if there's a problem.

Agreed, I've seen that "Noob" website and yes, it's a fake... or at the very least, not a TD.

Reactions: cooper1 and KJ2020

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
You probably didn’t even receive a Noob V9. As has been suggested, next time stick to the RWI TDs.

Reactions: cooper1 and KJ2020

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
you probably didn't buy from a trusted dealer, normally noob products shouldn't fall apart lol. Most TD's on this forum provide some sort of short warranty to ensure the watches are working and in the stated condition on arrival.

cooper1

Horology Curious
25/12/18
It's definitely a V9, as i took it to another replica watch shop who verified it was. Trying to post a picture of it here but having issues posting it.

Oh well, lesson learnt. I won't be buying from this dealer again. i'm also in two minds about naming and shaming him. I've returned faulty $80 replicas for repair to other dealers and have had no issues. This was a $500 watch and i had no end of problems

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I deal with China dealers directly as well (not recommended, use TDs), from my experiences, China dealers are pretty honest business people. For yours just sounds like a scam. My dealers insure my watches up to 3 years, varies from dealers, shipping costs excluded. I would say send it to a local watchsmith and get it sorted out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Sounds like you received junk watches for a premium price. They probably expect half of them to come back and then they can sell them again. As stated above Noob factory does not have a retail website. At least that one is not the “noob” what we know here. I wouldn’t pay the repair fee unless you’re 100% sure they were actually good watches. Next time use trusted dealers. Makes life so much easier.

Reactions: cooper1

Joe Jam

Looking Around
9/5/19
I highly agree with Cicero. It doesn't mean you ordered a Noob that you'll get a real Noob. Lots of retailers out there claim to be one.

I have a Deepsea V8 904L (highest quality for 116660) from a real Noob factory. This Deepsea is exactly the same quality as my genuine Deepsea even the lume! Put them side by side and they look/feel exactly the same. The only way to distinguish my genuine one is by the serial number! Anyway, on the replica water moisture came in and they sent me another one at no charge and no shipping fee via DHL (5 days). And I get to keep the old one. Communication with them via Messenger is very easy with very quick replies. They apologized so many times and kept telling me not to worry. Highly impressed with their customer service!

900dollaridoos

Horology Curious
3/6/19
I highly agree with Cicero. It doesn't mean you ordered a Noob that you'll get a real Noob. Lots of retailers out there claim to be one.

I have a Deepsea V8 904L (highest quality for 116660) from a real Noob factory. This Deepsea is exactly the same quality as my genuine Deepsea even the lume! Put them side by side and they look/feel exactly the same. The only way to distinguish my genuine one is by the serial number! Anyway, on the replica water moisture came in and they sent me another one at no charge and no shipping fee via DHL (5 days). And I get to keep the old one. Communication with them via Messenger is very easy with very quick replies. They apologized so many times and kept telling me not to worry. Highly impressed with their customer service!

Can I ask who your TD is?

shortlegs

31/5/19
Unfortunately I can imagine how frustrating it must be for someone new to reps to get a crappy piece for their very first 1 or 2 purchases, it will be a huge turn off for that person and he/she may never again delve deeper into this hobby. And this could happen as well even if the rep was purchased from a TD. All luck of the draw I guess..