• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release 116610 lv jubilee from V9F

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
mmm "looks decent but looks cheap" is somewhat contradictory, and that's based on looking at a picture? Not really a review in my world :)

You're 100% right, better to get in hands review but it seems none bought this V9F cuz i can't find a single review of it.

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

topreplika

6/2/17
I know....lol It was just to see the reaction and yes i hope no one buy this shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The ARF Jubilee from the 116234 is very good, not expensive, and will fit the ARF Sub perfectly

Thanks for the informations.
I can maybe ask my TD to swap the bracelet to a jubilee one then if i order a arf hulk.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I can maybe ask my TD to swap the bracelet to a jubilee one then if i order a arf hulk.

TD's won't do a swap like that. You will have to purchase another bracelet separately. Then you would have to change the clasp to the oyster Glidelock unless you're OK with the hidden clasp on the Jubilee. But that setup is a worst case scenario for adjustable fit, not to mention looks.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
TD's won't do a swap like that. You will have to purchase another bracelet separately. Then you would have to change the clasp to the oyster Glidelock unless you're OK with the hidden clasp on the Jubilee. But that setup is a worst case scenario for adjustable fit, not to mention looks.

It is difficult to adjust a regular jubilee bracelet?

the massakretor

23/8/13

TD will not swap anything. Buy your ARF Sub, buy the ARF Jubilee separately, and when both stuff arrives at home (if you order togheter you save shipping) just swap the Jubilee.

Don't try to put the sub clasp on the jubilee because it will not fit and it will be aestethically hideous. Just put the jubilee.

That way you'll get the same look of a gen sub on a gen jubilee.

That's different from the sporty GMT Pepsi 2018 jubilee look.

Reactions: SHB

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is difficult to adjust a regular jubilee bracelet?

The only option for adjustment on a hidden clasp jubilee is to remove a link. This amounts to a 6mm shortening of length. This is triple the amount of a glidelock step change. The ability to quickly change length on the fly is also lost with the jubilee hidden clasp, something people frequently need to do as the wrist swells or shrinks with temperature change.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
TD will not swap anything. Buy your ARF Sub, buy the ARF Jubilee separately, and when both stuff arrives at home (if you order togheter you save shipping) just swap the Jubilee.

Don't try to put the sub clasp on the jubilee because it will not fit and it will be aestethically hideous. Just put the jubilee.

That way you'll get the same look of a gen sub on a gen jubilee.

That's different from the sporty GMT Pepsi 2018 jubilee look.

The hidden clasp that comes on the ARF DJ bracelet is typically used on dress style watches like the datejust rather than tool watches like the Sub. Both of the factory provided Subs with jubilee bracelets listed below come with clasps much more suited to a Sub than the jubilee hidden clasp. Also the BP BLRO GMT jubilee has a clasp much better suited for a Sub both in appearance and adjustability.

https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...tion-on-ss-jubilee-bracelet-sa3135-18806.html

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24150

Personally I wouldn't put a jubilee on a Sub, but if I did I absolutely would not use a hidden clasp. They are always too tight or too loose and way too "fancy" for a Sub.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
The hidden clasp that comes on the ARF DJ bracelet is typically used on dress style watches like the datejust rather than tool watches like the Sub. Both of the factory provided Subs with jubilee bracelets listed below come with clasps much more suited to a Sub than the jubilee hidden clasp. Also the BP BLRO GMT jubilee has a clasp much better suited for a Sub both in appearance and adjustability.

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...135-18806.html

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24150

Personally I wouldn't put a jubilee on a Sub, but if I did I absolutely would not use a hidden clasp. They are always too tight or too loose and way too "fancy" for a Sub.

Completely agree - the super jubilee bracelet would look very wrong.

If this bracelet is of a decent quality, I still believe it's the way to go:

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...135-18806.html

"Well known" trusted dealers are asking $168 for this bracelet.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Seems like you replied to everything, now we need to ask TDs for prices for thoses bracelet.

I guess the 316 might be cheap since the whole watch is "cheap"

KHK

Horology Curious
11/6/18
Can someone recommend a TD who can provide a Jubilee bracelet, thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can someone recommend a TD who can provide a Jubilee bracelet, thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Any of them are able to do it, an established relationship with one helps a lot. Also buying a watch in the same order helps. "I'll buy this watch but I need a bracelet too"

Intime, Puretime, MrTimeZone will source bracelets separately

Reactions: KHK

eta2893

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/19
who said a 6 digit sub ,let alone a hulk, can go with a jubilee? by the time these were released the jubilee was only still used with datejusts?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
who said a 6 digit sub ,let alone a hulk, can go with a jubilee? by the time these were released the jubilee was only still used with datejusts?

Nobody has suggested it is readily available as a gen. However, gen buyers with good relationships with their Rolex dealers can pretty much get what they want. There ARE gen examples of this combo in both 5 digit and 6 digit variations - I know, because I've seen one, and that's why I am so keen to put a decent rep jubilee on a 6 digit sub.