• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

If you had around 500$ to spend on a Rolex rep

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
... wich one would it be?

Can’t really make up my mind between:
- JF 16610LV (soon to be discontinued??)
-DJF Datejust 36 silver/fluted bezel
-Noob Hulk V9 (or ARF)
-Pepsi GMT2 on jubilee bracelet (forgot wich factory right now but it’s 904L)
-Explorer 2 polar (maker undertzrmined)
-AirKing Basel 2018 (maker undetermined)

I know it’s somehow a stupid question as everyone has his own taste, but I’d be curious of the what and whys of you guys...

Sent from the RWI App

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
I would have chosen the Datejust but why the DJF? The ARF is better in my opinion...

Reactions: BlackJaguar

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
None of them. Buy the ARF SD43 its probably the best out of the box Rolex I've ever had.

the massakretor

23/8/13
I'd buy the DJF Datejust 36 silver, that I have and I am very happy with it.

The bottom 3 are really bad reps. Except the Explorer II from JF that it's recently out.

The first 3 are very good.

If you have 500$ I would honestly buy the arf sub or the djf DJ, since I think you don't plan on making big modifications

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Another option if you like the Hulk:

VRF MAX Hulk 348$
Prof crystal 158$

Greets Andi

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ARF submariner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanRep

13/10/18
I have the jf 16610lv. It's awesome. I love it. But it absolutely wears differently than the 6 digit subs so keep that in mind. I also ordered a leather strap for it, which I don't think the 6 digit subs can pull off, so some versatility there.

And, yes it looks like it's on its way to being discontinued so you might not be able to get it later on unless M2M sale, so keep that in mind as well.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I would buy from a member, nicely modded and serviced.

I took apart the ladies Omega Aqua Terra for my wife. I paid quite a bit from a TD only to find what amounts to a 30 dollar movement. No shit, one of the wheels is made of flimsy paper thin plastic. Screws were no more than props that fell out of their slots and to make me laugh... Screws and links would come apart in the
watch winder.

Reactions: ROXOLO

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
arf sdv2 is a steal at under $500, highly recommend, otherwise go for a modded noob v6 sub

nero389

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
Pepsi GMT II, because I'm missing a GMT watch in my collection.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
ARF SD43 or the brand new ARF DJ41 and put a gen datewheel inside.
Would not buy the pepsi. The colors are too wrong compared to gen.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
It’s getting worse: some trusted dealer on a Facebook page (they exist) sells locally a watch that isn’t a super rep, but the gen is so rare you’ll never meet anyone wearing it. It’s also totally out of my league financially so i could never fool anyone in the know- but it looks good and it’s got me hesitating even more. So I’m basically hesitating between a watch that has to be as flawless as possible because there are plenty of gens, and a watch that only a handful have seen in the flesh - just because it, the rep, is a beautiful watch. Now that’s contradiction isn’t it...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI