• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 White Dial 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, ARF V1, V2 & Noob V1 & V2 Evaluation

kopite81

2/12/18
I received mine today and I have to say it is very very impressive.
I have seen a lot of pandas and this is very close on the wrist the subdials on the version 1 were substantially fatter this was more evident on the black version and you could easily tell it was a fake. Even with not much knowledge.
This is a whole different kettle of fish the sub dials are near as dammit on point on wrist nobody will be able to tell even next to the genuine article I doubt anybody could tell the difference I am hopefully going to be able to get some side-by-side pictures with the gen
My theory with this subdial malarkey is that people are thinking about older versions of the stainless steel Daytona which had ridiculously thin subdials. Other faces also had thin or different subdials. The genuine 2019 panda does have fatter sub dials than stainless steel i.e. no ceramic bezel versions.
Then Noob messed it up with the fat sub- dial problem. Now. In my opinion, this dial is good enough there is no need to buy an ARF dial and go through the process of milling it down to size et cetera or God forbid buying a genuine face for about $1000 so you can get subdials that are .3 of a millimetre thinner.
I have had quite a few replicas through my hands and this is an incredible replica. The
SA4 130 movement is buttery smooth the pushers and everything is pretty much perfect.
Considering this watch in STAINLESS STEEL is going for well north of $20,000 and it's not much cheaper than the solid gold version. This is a bargain obviously you can't fake gold very easily but STAINLESS STEEL wise this is pretty much one-on-one.

VE5f4G.jpg

VE5NGq.jpg

VE5FK6.jpg

VE5oUy.jpg

Looks lovely! Cant wait to receive mine :)

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Yes, I got a couple of days ago still trying to get some pictures side-by-side with a genuine one, but I'm telling you it's seriously close to genuine. As I said before the V1 did have a problem with slightly fat sub dials, but this new one is virtually indistinguishable from the 2018 and 2019 version of the panda. I think people are comparing with earlier versions. The the sub dials on the V2 are even slightly recessed like the genuine although this doesn't come across well in the pictures.
HOWEVER... I have three watches now with the SA4130 movement, and both the latest models have a problem with the power reserve. It's great that the chronograph works, but it seems to drain the power reserve dramatically. If you leave the chronograph off, it maintains excellent time and has a magnificent power reserve I am currently testing this as we speak. But unlike in the rubber strap V2, the chronograph on this new batch doesn't seem to be up to snuff.
I wish people would stop going on about this sub dial business seriously you could tell on the other one, but pictures are not a good measure. You have to put the V2 Panda next to the real thing.

this is a 2018 GEN

Reactions: vcappp

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Yes, I got a couple of days ago still trying to get some pictures side-by-side with a genuine one, but I'm telling you it's seriously close to genuine. As I said before the V1 did have a problem with slightly fat sub dials, but this new one is virtually indistinguishable from the 2018 and 2019 version of the panda. I think people are comparing with earlier versions. The the sub dials on the V2 are even slightly recessed like the genuine although this doesn't come across well in the pictures.
HOWEVER... I have three watches now with the SA4130 movement, and both the latest models have a problem with the power reserve. It's great that the chronograph works, but it seems to drain the power reserve dramatically. If you leave the chronograph off, it maintains excellent time and has a magnificent power reserve I am currently testing this as we speak. But unlike in the rubber strap V2, the chronograph on this new batch doesn't seem to be up to snuff.
I wish people would stop going on about this sub dial business seriously you could tell on the other one, but pictures are not a good measure. You have to put the V2 Panda next to the real thing.

this is a 2018 GEN

This happens on almost all my chronos unless fully wound. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
Hello, does anyone have any idea if a Rolex sub 116610 bracelet will adjust to fit a slim wrist (16.25-16.5cm) thinking of ordering from Puretime today, first purchase so any advice would be much appreeciated. Thanks!

sniffti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/12/17
Hello, does anyone have any idea if a Rolex sub 116610 bracelet will adjust to fit a slim wrist (16.25-16.5cm) thinking of ordering from Puretime today, first purchase so any advice would be much appreeciated. Thanks!

Depends on your taste, imo could fit ok, with around 40mm it’s not that big watch, but you are off-topic here, it’s a dtn evaluation thread

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18

this is a 2018 GEN

Hey mate, how about the look and feel of the clasp? Any thoughts on this ?

eenkm

Horology Curious
24/8/18
Absolutely adore my Noob with ARF dial. Best of both worlds. Thanks OP for putting together all of that information though.

Part of what drew me to the 116500 was seeing it out in the wild - the thin subdial rings were really cool to look at.

V6Ncbo.jpg

majwilliams0308
Congrats!

I have the ARF V2 couple months ago and the dial is exactly same as yours.

Any of you think that the sub dial is thinner than gen? Am I the only one think the ARF sub dial are slightly thinner than Gen? Where I also agree the Noob are fatter than Gen.

Thanks. Very helpful post!

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Any of you think that the sub dial is thinner than gen? Am I the only one think the ARF sub dial are slightly thinner than Gen?

Apparently you are correct... Gen 116500 White Dial on the Left, ARF V2 from the posts above on the Rigth...

Right click and open image in a new tab to make it larger...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
majwilliams0308
Congrats!

Any of you think that the sub dial is thinner than gen? Am I the only one think the ARF sub dial are slightly thinner than Gen? Where I also agree the Noob are fatter than Gen.

Thanks. Very helpful post!

Yes I have thought so, now we have proof. Also the color is slightly ceamy on the ARF.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Yes I have thought so, now we have proof. Also the color is slightly ceamy on the ARF.

Nope the ARF dial is white. It appears creamy based on lightning. I can show you if you like.

eenkm

Horology Curious
24/8/18
Apparently you are correct... Gen 116500 White Dial on the Left, ARF V2 from the posts above on the Rigth...

Right click and open image in a new tab to make it larger...

thank you M Scott !

Also one more thing on ARF V2, the red Daytona font are placed higher than Gen. it leave quite a big gap between the red DAYTONA and the bottom black sub dial.

eenkm

Horology Curious
24/8/18
And I know we have a lot photoshop professional here, may I have a request below? That will be very helpful for our community I think...

for 116500 white dial:

1. Create three layer of images: A.Gen dial turn all the black part (font, subdial) in Red color , B. Noob V2 dial in Green color , C. ARF V2 dial in Blue color

2. Put two layer together (both transparcency set 50%? I dont know how exactly it works) and see how the sub dial differ. (e.g. Gen VS ARF , Gen VS Noob)

I think such info would be very very helpful!

Thanks!
Kevin

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
thank you M Scott !

Also one more thing on ARF V2, the red Daytona font are placed higher than Gen. it leave quite a big gap between the red DAYTONA and the bottom black sub dial.

The gap is tiny and it's because the ARF V2 is based on the 2018 gen dial, which is the only 116500 with that gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wNe and vcappp

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Here is a “V2” that I got from toro a few weeks ago, he claims it’s the newest but I really can’t see the minute differences. It looks really close to my friends gen, you would have to really be knowing what to look for to call it out on the wrist.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Actually here is a brighter clearer photo. I bought a V1 ARF to swap the dial and bezel, but to be honest I don’t know if there is that much of a difference between this and the Gen to warrant tearing it down to swap the dial.
VWKezf.jpg
[/url]

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
Heard a rumour that ARF is coming up with 4130 clone movement daytonas. I have asked my TD to check but does anyone have anything on it?