• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Embarking on Ultimate 114060 Franken

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
$160-170 I believe

Thanks! I'm planning a humbler construction, noob v8 with bp no date dial, arf bracelet and insert and brand new swiss 2836 movement.

What TD did you use fot getting the bracelet?

the massakretor

23/8/13
Thanks! I'm planning a humbler construction, noob v8 with bp no date dial, arf bracelet and insert and brand new swiss 2836 movement.

What TD did you use fot getting the bracelet?

I asked Mr Time Zone and he quoted 110/120$ for an ARF sub bracelet. Plus shipping

Reactions: garnier

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Vvvlllooo oh man! You may have convinced me to build an identical one to yours... but actually why don’t you just sell me yours? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo oh man! You may have convinced me to build an identical one to yours... but actually why don’t you just sell me yours? Haha

not yet brother, I just built it and had it for a month or so..

Reactions: d3s19n

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 do you have news? Will the sub no date by arf be released soon? thank you

I have no news besides what people post here. I did however just complete fixing a recent M2M no date Noob V8. The watch came to me in a lot worse shape than I anticipated, I didn't pick up on the lug dents in the pics as they weren't disclosed and the case condition was described as "excellent". Well it is now after about 6 hours of sanding, shaping and polishing, lol. Also the crystal was scratched, I replaced it with a Clarks and a thinner gasket, it sits lower.

You can see the lug shape on the Noob is a little closer to gen I think. SELs aren't horrible but will need some modding for more recess when I can get to it.

Jpme take a look at the 904L vs 316L bracelet pic, I can't tell a difference in any light. Maybe you could get away with this model as your base. The no date rep crystal is really good enough IMO, since there's no AR on the gen anyway. I have the Noob V9 date which is where the 904L bracelet piece came from. Maybe Noob is just charging more for the same pieces, sure looks the same to me!

VDTBda.jpg

VDT1iZ.jpg

VDTEOb.jpg

​​​​​​
VDTDg8.jpg

VDTu13.jpg

VDTps2.jpg

VDTQIR.jpg

VDTvVd.jpg

VDTUOg.jpg

Reactions: k4jun

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I have no news besides what people post here. I did however just complete fixing a recent M2M no date Noob V8. The watch came to me in a lot worse shape than I anticipated, I didn't pick up on the lug dents in the pics as they weren't disclosed and the case condition was described as "excellent". Well it is now after about 6 hours of sanding, shaping and polishing, lol. Also the crystal was scratched, I replaced it with a Clarks and a thinner gasket, it sits lower.

You can see the lug shape on the Noob is a little closer to gen I think. SELs aren't horrible but will need some modding for more recess when I can get to it.

Jpme take a look at the 904L vs 316L bracelet pic, I can't tell a difference in any light. Maybe you could get away with this model as your base. The no date rep crystal is really good enough IMO, since there's no AR on the gen anyway. I have the Noob V9 date which is where the 904L bracelet piece came from. Maybe Noob is just charging more for the same pieces, sure looks the same to me!

VDTBda.jpg

VDT1iZ.jpg

VDTEOb.jpg

​​​​​​
VDTDg8.jpg

VDTu13.jpg

VDTps2.jpg

VDTQIR.jpg

VDTvVd.jpg

VDTUOg.jpg

Damn bro you da man

Reactions: KJ2020

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Ok, received the BP 114060 that I will use for the dial and movement.

The movement is super healthy so I’m going to give it a couple weeks to see if it stays stable or grenades.

4ddb795bbc7d8609a51dffb8021d90d0.jpg

I’m pleased with the dial, crown, cgs, and case. The bezel assembly is better than expected.

c64eb0edde279ee4f089e9ad18a6b1d7.jpg

0d28710e585625b560e65c832d519353.jpg

My only beef is the lower band links are flat and sharp. Not sure if the picture picks it up well but, I’ve had this problem in the past.

19016f3589ced33cf99aee9d4957696d.jpg

I have an ARF bracelet on its way so hopefully we take a leap forward with better SELs, links and clasp.

From there I’m putting gen hands on it.

If I’m happy with the bezel assembly, I’ll hold and be in the thing for $885.

Unfortunately, the BP bezel won’t accept a gen insert and the BP case won’t take a gen bezel assembly.

If not, here comes the v9 noob case, bezel, gen crown, xtal, and gen insert/pearl. That will ring the bell at $1750 but, will be right where Ultimate lives.

Thoughts?

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
See if the ARF bracelet fits... please keep us updated woot

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok, received the BP 114060 that I will use for the dial and movement.

The movement is super healthy so I’m going to give it a couple weeks to see if it stays stable or grenades.

4ddb795bbc7d8609a51dffb8021d90d0.jpg

I’m pleased with the dial, crown, cgs, and case. The bezel assembly is better than expected.

c64eb0edde279ee4f089e9ad18a6b1d7.jpg

0d28710e585625b560e65c832d519353.jpg

My only beef is the lower band links are flat and sharp. Not sure if the picture picks it up well but, I’ve had this problem in the past.

19016f3589ced33cf99aee9d4957696d.jpg

I have an ARF bracelet on its way so hopefully we take a leap forward with better SELs, links and clasp.

From there I’m putting gen hands on it.

If I’m happy with the bezel assembly, I’ll hold and be in the thing for $885.

Unfortunately, the BP bezel won’t accept a gen insert and the BP case won’t take a gen bezel assembly.

If not, here comes the v9 noob case, bezel, gen crown, xtal, and gen insert/pearl. That will ring the bell at $1750 but, will be right where Ultimate lives.

Thoughts?

The Noob V8 no date and Noob V9 date cases I got are identical, down to both being engraved 116610, so if you can get the V8 for less it might be a better option for you.

Reactions: Jpme

Jpme

10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
See if the ARF bracelet fits... please keep us updated woot

Fits beautifully. SELs are recessed perfectly. No gap.

It’s official, ARF 904l 116610 bracelet fits the BP 114060 perfectly.

Now let’s see if a gen bezel fits and I can skip the Noob case.

00bdd6ebf6fc05b8b83fef836fca95ec.jpg

Reactions: d3s19n and KJ2020

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

I tried noob bezel(s) on BP' 114060 case and it did not fit. The bezel has poped-up soon or later. This is because of the crystal assembly (gasket).
If you want to try gen bezel you probably need gen/noob crystal gasket.
Also, external diameter of BP crystal was greater than interior diameter of noob insert - so was not possible to install noob insert on BP crystal, I guess it will be the same case for gen insert = get the noob crystal as well.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Fits beautifully. SELs are recessed perfectly. No gap.

It’s official, ARF 904l 116610 bracelet fits the BP 114060 perfectly.

00bdd6ebf6fc05b8b83fef836fca95ec.jpg

Why not just use a gen insert and keep the BP bezel? You can polish up the bezel teeth and make it look more or less "gen-like"

Jpme

10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Why not just use a gen insert and keep the BP bezel? You can polish up the bezel teeth and make it look more or less "gen-like"

You’re approach would be solid on a Noob. Unfortunately, BP has an extremely thick non gen metal insert, so the bezel doesn’t accept a gen insert.

It does however have a gen ratchet mechanism design, which in theory could accept a gen bezel. The open question is, is there conflict with the BP xtal/gasket size/thickness. This is based on other member’s experiences with Noob bezels not fitting on the BP case.

Worst case, it doesn’t fit and I get a Noob v7 sa3130 case, for my base.

Jpme

10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
I just received a gen bezel assembly. I’ll do a full comparison review this weekend.

As a prelim first glance:

1) the BP insert looks solid, but as always the marker paint is dark compared to gen
2) the BP pearl shape, fill, size and height are good. However, the color is white compared to the gen creamy color, last
3) the BP bezel height, cut, polish and shape look gen

I’ll roll up my sleeves, put it under a loop and take a shit load of comparative pix for everyone.

Last, I’ll give the critical fitment insight and end the BP gen fitment question for ever!

I also have a gen xtal and gasket on order in case the BP xtal is non gen.

Peace!