• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Embarking on Ultimate 114060 Franken

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Hi All,

I’m in the middle of collecting the following parts for my Ultimate Franken 114060 sub. Before I finalize the last purchases, I wanted to get feedback from those that have experience with this endeavor. Thank you for feedback in advance! Here’s the breakdown:

Case: Noob 116610 V9 SA3135 904l

Tube/crown: Noob

Bracelet: ARF 904l

Movement: SA3130

Dial: BP 114060

Bezel base: Noob V9

Insert/pearl: Gen $650

Hands: Gen $350

XTAL: Gen $100

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Never done it before but my opinion for a good balance of genlike vs. cost I’d do: noob v9, ARF hands, gen dial, gen insert, ARF bracelet, gen crystal.. upgrade the 3135 a little plus service and case brushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Sounds like a very good build. Interesting why you choose gen crystal? Keep me posted. I have one. I went the other way ARF 2824, because hands, bezel, insert, is already close to gen. I just sourced a gen dial and installed because markers give it away for me.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15
Sounds like a very good build. Interesting why you choose gen crystal? Keep me posted. I have one. I went the other way ARF 2824, because hands, bezel, insert, is already close to gen. I just sourced a gen dial and installed because markers give it away for me.

This is very well done, no other mods needed in my opinion

Jpme

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/19
Seattle, Wa USA
Your gen dial really pulls it together. It’s the largest surface are, so it deserves priority.

My base 114060 is a BP. From my research, I believe the noob case and the BP xtal are incompatible. (Please anyone disagree if your experience is contrary). That was my driver to go to a gen xtal. I’m open to other gen like reps or a decent deal on a gen.

Reactions: Geegkong

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Vvvlllooo your build is smart and accurate and looks amazing.

I forgot we were talking about no cyclops in which case gen crystal is not super important. But I am obsessed with gen gasket because gens have the white glow around the dial and bordering the insert that the grey rep gaskets don’t have. To me the white vs Grey makes a big difference in dial/insert aesthetic.

I was recommending noob midcase 3135 because lugs are significantly closer to gen than ARF. In this case gen insert or ppm would be appropriate. If Going full ARF midcase, imho the ARF ln insert is the best insert and doesn’t need replacing unless you are too bothered by the 35,40,45 etc.

Im assuming you cut the dial feet on your gen dial which I wouldn’t mind doing but I can’t get over ARF lugs. If I could get over ARF lugs (and I wish I could) I’d go: 2824 ARF, gen dial, gen crystal gasket and done!!!

Reactions: KJ2020

audiwt

25/5/18
I cant understand why ARF and Noob dont bring the 114060 in 904L. They have the Cases and Bracelets.

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

Matteo1989

Renowned Member
24/4/18
I think it's better to wait a few days .. will come out the new submariner no data by arf ..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Your gen dial really pulls it together. It’s the largest surface are, so it deserves priority.

My base 114060 is a BP. From my research, I believe the noob case and the BP xtal are incompatible. (Please anyone disagree if your experience is contrary). That was my driver to go to a gen xtal. I’m open to other gen like reps or a decent deal on a gen.

Thank you, I agree on the dial as it is the largest surface area to notice and look at.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Vvvlllooo your build is smart and accurate and looks amazing.

I forgot we were talking about no cyclops in which case gen crystal is not super important. But I am obsessed with gen gasket because gens have the white glow around the dial and bordering the insert that the grey rep gaskets don’t have. To me the white vs Grey makes a big difference in dial/insert aesthetic.

I was recommending noob midcase 3135 because lugs are significantly closer to gen than ARF. In this case gen insert or ppm would be appropriate. If Going full ARF midcase, imho the ARF ln insert is the best insert and doesn’t need replacing unless you are too bothered by the 35,40,45 etc.

Im assuming you cut the dial feet on your gen dial which I wouldn’t mind doing but I can’t get over ARF lugs. If I could get over ARF lugs (and I wish I could) I’d go: 2824 ARF, gen dial, gen crystal gasket and done!!!

Thanks! I actually ordered a swiss gen gasket and had the ARF pressure tested to 5 ATM. I did cut the feet of the gen dial but I was able to source one for a very good price. I have a noob v9 hulk franken and this time, I wanted to try the ARF as a comparison. A person like you and me, can see the difference in lug shape, but on the wrist, very difficult as this is pretty much my beach beater and so I chose the best bang for buck with little mods as being waterproof was more important to me at that point. Appreciate the comments.

the massakretor

23/8/13
I think a more cost effective build would be a JF 114060.

Put a gen bezel, gen dial, and you're good to go. Maybe arf bracelet if you want.

With less than 2k you get an almost perfect watch.

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk