• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with QC pic

TheKnight

16/11/18
Agree, the 3 and 9 are tilted slightly and the 6 is displaced off center left. Looks like another one I saw recently (yours?). Maybe a batch issue. Geez.
No it's the same watch just with more pics requested to see if it is an issue. This is not another watch

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
So common with reps.

I find this issue with reps is one of the biggest annoyances for me. If I reject a QC picture, it's usually because of misaligned indices. The current ZF calatrava rep is amazing... but I rejected mine because all of the reps have the same misaligned 6 o'clock index, as Ryan's QC department informed me.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Guys they gave me updated pics as requested for my concern.
7a7b691fdddabefa745456b7d9eaab54.jpg

The dial is a puny one, reject it.
Your TD is a nice guy, stay with him for the another watch.

Reactions: TheKnight

TheKnight

16/11/18
This watch worries me cuz its 96 DEFORMATION that other one was 30!!! Does this mean this is more likely to leak?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I agree it looks "better" but still looks to me like the 9 o'clock marker is tilted counterclockwise a bit (right end high) and the 6 o'clock marker is off center left. Both these flaws would be much more apparent with the hour hand near the marker.

I can't answer your question about deformation, suggest researching it. It did pass though. I don't let my reps near water so IDK.

TheKnight

16/11/18
I agree it looks "better" but still looks to me like the 9 o'clock marker is tilted counterclockwise a bit (right end high) and the 6 o'clock marker is off center left. Both these flaws would be much more apparent with the hour hand near the marker.

I can't answer your question about deformation, suggest researching it. It did pass though. I don't let my reps near water so IDK.
I read the manual on the proofmaster and I still don't understand it. They had a chart for minimum deformation so I kind of understood it as more deforming is better. But it's so confusing so I don't know.

I don't mind the 9 marker. It's so minor.

Do you think I should keep or reject?

How many watches are you allowed to reject before the TD just gives up?

Maybe I can just buy a Gen dial in the future for this watch.

Reactions: Meanmachine

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I read the manual on the proofmaster and I still don't understand it. They had a chart for minimum deformation so I kind of understood it as more deforming is better. But it's so confusing so I don't know.

I don't mind the 9 marker. It's so minor.

Do you think I should keep or reject?

How many watches are you allowed to reject before the TD just gives up?

Maybe I can just buy a Gen dial in the future for this watch.

You have to decide what you can live with. Personally I despise crooked markers, it's just sloppy work in a highly visible place. I would never unsee it and it would make me hate the watch. I would reject it.

The TD will let you know when he's done showing you more. Some stop at two, I've gone to 5 once.

TheKnight

16/11/18
You have to decide what you can live with. Personally I despise crooked markers, it's just sloppy work in a highly visible place. I would never unsee it and it would make me hate the watch. I would reject it.

The TD will let you know when he's done showing you more. Some stop at two, I've gone to 5 once.
At the last watch do you have to accept?

Or can you get refund or switch to another watch?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
At the last watch do you have to accept?

Or can you get refund or switch to another watch?

Never had a watch forced on me. I did have to pay a $15% "restocking" fee once. Was glad to do it instead of buying something I hated. Not the only TD who specifically lists that as a requirement although if it's due to flaws they will usually waive that. You can usually switch to a different watch without consequence, others will refund without hassle. I always ask ahead of time if dealing with a new TD.

TheKnight

16/11/18
Never had a watch forced on me. I did have to pay a $15% "restocking" fee once. Was glad to do it instead of buying something I hated. Not the only TD who specifically lists that as a requirement although if it's due to flaws they will usually waive that. You can usually switch to a different watch without consequence, others will refund without hassle. I always ask ahead of time if dealing with a new TD.
The thing is I've seen some gen ones 41mm not 36. Have some issues sometimes. Being slightest off. I know on the wrist I probably won't notice it much the six.

Like at this angle the 6 looks good lol.
18db51140b5a922d55d0aaf9cb80f492.jpg

TheKnight

16/11/18
I asked for pics with time set at 6 and 9 and head on.