• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help Guys!!! TC Submariner movement ring

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Hey all, today had an unfortunate incident with one of the dial markers of my TC sub. I opened it up to rectify the issue, but faced another one in my way.
The movement ring screws with the tabs securing it to the case were rusted or god knows what, but were stuck like hell...lol!!!
So, I managed to take them off but they broke, so the TC movement ring is now rendered useless.

Please guide me where can I get another TC movement ring or which route shall I take to get back my TC sub functioning again...RWI experts please please chime in.....
waiting to hear from you guys soon guys...

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Hey all, in addition, can anyone suggest any method to remove very light superglue from dial surface, without damaging its enamel.
Thanks in advance:)

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
You could use a raffles #2 movement ring I would think. Don't know where you'd find a TC ring these days.
Acetone might remove superglue, but it will also remove the paint on your dial. That's why it's best not to use superglue on watch projects.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Maybe you can very carefully try to clean the dial with a fresh clean jewellers cloth.

Best glue for indicies is GS Hypocement.

Greets Andi

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
You could use a raffles #2 movement ring I would think. Don't know where you'd find a TC ring these days.
Acetone might remove superglue, but it will also remove the paint on your dial. That's why it's best not to use superglue on watch projects.

thanks a lot mate:)