• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DATEJUST 41 126334 ARF vs DJF

CH_REP

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/2/19
Hello folks,

I've read a lot of treads in this forum but nevertheless I'm still a noobie, so excuse me if I miss something out or get something wrong :).

I'm looking forward to purchase one of these watches below (example from intime):

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5923...teel-black-dial-on-oyster-bracelet-a2824.html

https://www.intime04.co/rollie/5929...tion-blue-dial-on-jubilee-bracelet-a2824.html

I have seen that the second one (DJF) with the jubilee was released recently.

So my question would be now, what do you guys think are the pros/cons compared to each other?
I have read that the ARF is really decent but has some flaws on the DW (Bold numbers). I didn't hear a lot about the DJF. Movement of the watches seem to be the same on both?

Maybe some more experienced guys, maybe also owners of the watches can bring some light in the darkness :)

Thanks and BR
Chris

Reactions: vcappp

Domisus

Renowned Member
28/3/18
Austria
You can search for the differences here or on reddit. They have been compared a lot of times. You also have to decide what dial color and what bracelet you want (you linked two different watches here)

centrum

27/7/14
I was looking at this model too. I found out there are also BP and Noob versions too.

Domisus

Renowned Member
28/3/18
Austria
I have the 41mm BP version and IMO the quality is really good for the price. I read that BP has the best dial print.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The overall watch seems good. Datewheel not perfect but ok. However the SEL fitment seem quite loose

CH_REP

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/2/19
Agreed with the SEL fitment.. But datewheel looks better than ARF, not that bold.

the massakretor

23/8/13
I have the DJ 36 from DJF, and the quality is there. Bracelet is very good, fluted bezel too.

I think that the DJ41 is a nice release from them too. The SEL fit isn't perfect (most likely because the new bracelet have different sel and spring bars), but for the price I wouldn't mind.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I bought the DJF Datejust 41 (to franken with a gen dial) instead of the ARF Datejust 41 because of the following reasons:
1. DJF is cheaper
2. DJF has a taller crown / stem / tube height like gen (that's my OCD. YMMV).

However, I think the ARF has better looking hands.

At the moment, I am waiting for my QC pics.

Here is my grand franken plan:
1. Install My gen black dial into it.
2. See if I could fit a 2836-2 inside it.

In my opinion, the noob and BP Datejust 41 isn't great. Here are the reasons why:
1. BP = bad SEL alignment (i.e., look at the back of the bracelet's SEL), dates aren't centered, bad crown / stem / tube height, fluted bezel looks bad.. ut good value for money!
2. Noob = pretty much the same reasons as above (maybe except for the crown height problem, AND it's overpriced for a 316l watch with a 2836-2 deco plate movement). The deco plate movement is a potential nightmare for modding. Some of the dial configurations are fantasy and not even gen.

however, my opinions are solely based on the TD websites' pictures. The batches may have improved by now, but I wouldn't count on it (especially for BP, THEY STILL CAN'T BE FCKED TO CORRECT THEIR TOP-SELLING DAYDATE 40's DAY FONT AFTER NEARLY 3 YEARS)

Last edited:
Reactions: LaPavel

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Is the DJF bracelet in 904L too? By looking at the pics on TD, the bracelet gaps on the right and left side is quite bad tho.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Was hoping to get the Noob DJ41 with jubilee but looks like most TD can't get a hold of one. Now planning to get the ARF DJ41 grey dial with SS strap.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
anybody know if the gen bezel fits on the ARF 41 datejust?

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
I have the 41mm BP version and IMO the quality is really good for the price. I read that BP has the best dial print.
I have the noob and i used it to build my franken. I have a post about it while back. Reason i went for noob was because the advise i received from spongebob (who own BP and built mine) he actually did a comparison and concluded that noob was a better version specially fluted bezel structure and bracelet. Now I'm intrigued to know if ARF is higher quality. As my experience with 116110 noob vs ARF says quality is definitely on ARF's side

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I have the noob and i used it to build my franken. I have a post about it while back. Reason i went for noob was because the advise i received from spongebob (who own BP and built mine) he actually did a comparison and concluded that noob was a better version specially fluted bezel structure and bracelet. Now I'm intrigued to know if ARF is higher quality. As my experience with 116110 noob vs ARF says quality is definitely on ARF's side

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ARF is definitely better. Leaps and bounds. Other than the DW, the watch is very close to the gen. The rep is one of the best I’ve held.

CH_REP

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/2/19
Thanks guys for all the good responses! Has somebody got an Gen/ARF DW comparison? Really not sure if I should go for it.

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
my djf hasn't arrived yet

also, my ocd is different to others and that's where we make compromises when we choose to buy a particular model. I could never stand a rep having the wrong crown height because there is no gen exception (or even gen manufacturing error) for that.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Probably the world's first franken Datejust 41 LOL
DJF base
Gen dial
Stock everything else

5e8dd7bc-e14b-4f7d-a060-d671ba13bdce.jpg

8cf93210-7567-489e-84a2-71569c48011b.jpg