• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer 2 JF V3

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The 8 I could live with but they did botch the 12 badly. Wow.

VKnT7s.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Looks like they used the same engraving for the 2's on the top of the bezel to match the contour . Doesn't work on the bottom of the bezel so well.

Whoops

WatchEnthusiast5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/18
Any info about the movement aside for the incorrect hands stacking
Is it reasonably reliable?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Neverandy

Horology Curious
21/7/18
I'm new to this hobby (check out the post count...). So what generally happens next? In my half a year of lurking on this site I've seen some funny stuff (Moonwatches with "SEAmaster on the dial, No-Date Subs with "Submariner DATE" on the dial" etc) but those usually seem to come from the lower pricepoint dealers like Narika and WBK. My asuumption is that inventory that has glaring QC issues like that ends up being priced low like that because it is generally unacceptable at the higher prices. So do we think that something like that will happen here? Again, as much as I'm falling in love with this hobby and trying to absorb as much info as possible, I haven't seen something like this play out in real time and am wondering if there is a general process when an aesthetic flaw like this makes it out to the inventory.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Where's the rolex engravings on the rehaut?

I can't see it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Neverandy possible that if enough people speak up about the flaw to the TD, word will get back to the factory and they may have a revision. But be warned that a v4 of this watch could have a flaw that is less minor than this. I still think it is relatively minor. That is just how reps are, imho.

​​​​​​​You could buy a couple version of this watch and hope that parts are interchangeable.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm new to this hobby (check out the post count...). So what generally happens next? In my half a year of lurking on this site I've seen some funny stuff (Moonwatches with "SEAmaster on the dial, No-Date Subs with "Submariner DATE" on the dial" etc) but those usually seem to come from the lower pricepoint dealers like Narika and WBK. My asuumption is that inventory that has glaring QC issues like that ends up being priced low like that because it is generally unacceptable at the higher prices. So do we think that something like that will happen here? Again, as much as I'm falling in love with this hobby and trying to absorb as much info as possible, I haven't seen something like this play out in real time and am wondering if there is a general process when an aesthetic flaw like this makes it out to the inventory.

JF will sell every copy of it that they have one way or another at their asking price. These forums only account for a small percentage of total sales. Most of the time a flaw like this will get corrected in a subsequent version. No telling if or when then will happen. ARF's supply of mis-engraved bezel inserts lasted about 10 months. The numbers on the left side were not centered (too close to the crystal) and the cuts were too deep. Both those flaws were fixed but now the marker color is too white.

i was seriously considering one of these, even with the 8 flaw but the 12 close up changed my mind. It's a dealbreaker for me, not going to buy a watch and then have to try to source another bezel. No thanks.

WatchEnthusiast5

6/5/18
Anyone has purchased the black one?
Would love to see real pics rather than qc ones

WatchEnthusiast5

6/5/18
Anyone has purchased the black one?
Would love to see real pics rather than qc ones

Big_helmet

Horology Curious
17/8/18
The postman arrived today after waiting about a week.

As pointed out in previous posts there is an odd 2 at 12 and an upside down 8, which tbh I don’t think are noticeable on the wrist. Date and cyclops are excellent, I can really see a difference between this and my JF Kermit. Clasp feels a little poor and I think an easy improvement could be made here. End links are nice with zero wiggle. Luke was better than expected and was still quite visible when going indoors earlier.

Here are some pictures as promised.
b651ea1407ca2d096ad0332347ef00c8.jpg
8bf105e53550320c9dbaa6c7404105cc.jpg
97c515d56e9fb1efbbd4f29929a75dfc.jpg
81ecc52b242a5ef4dfdf67cd460f052e.jpg

Have a lovely evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skalini

Horology Curious
25/10/17
What are our options with the Bezel? I ordered a V3 JF Polar Explorer 2 from trustytime and am awaiting QCs. I tried finding if the gen, BP, noob or V2 JF bezel would fit and no luck.

Does anybody have advice?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What are our options with the Bezel? I ordered a V3 JF Polar Explorer 2 from trustytime and am awaiting QCs. I tried finding if the gen, BP, noob or V2 JF bezel would fit and no luck.

I think your best bet would be the JF V2. A non-rotating bezel like this usually anchors the crystal in place so sizing tolerances are very slim. I took one of these bezels off a 5-digit BP EXP 2 and had issues fitting a retaining ring for a rotating bezel. I was able to make it work but wouldn't want to go through that again. Sticking with the same factory would seem to give the best chance for a direct swap IMO.

15379825668700.jpg

farcast

14/12/18
The 2 on the 12 and the 8 are the only flaws I see. But on the bright side, I think the DW and cyclops are perfect. Any more feedback from experts?

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13

mate this the new Explorer 2 thread and this watch is 41mm 216570. Bezel exchange is only possible in 5 digit older reference 16570 Explorer II, not on this new 216570.