• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rose gold Noob Daytona plating “issues”

sjpadams

Known Member
14/1/19

Brilliant found it under embed codes
BPmcL.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
I have a RG YM on oysterflex and a YG day-date and both are showing signs of the gold fading. Both are Noob. However, I have a ARF YG Daytona on oysteflex and this thing is flawless. I’ve had it for close to year, wore it at least 2x a week, many sweaty summer days, etc. and it looks brand new. Safe to say that I will only buy gold Rolex’s from ARF.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have a RG YM on oysterflex and a YG day-date and both are showing signs of the gold fading. Both are Noob. However, I have a ARF YG Daytona on oysteflex and this thing is flawless. I’ve had it for close to year, wore it at least 2x a week, many sweaty summer days, etc. and it looks brand new. Safe to say that I will only buy gold Rolex’s from ARF.

Thanks for the report. I have seen a few other posts also about Noob RG YMs. Will steer clear.

Reactions: Bullflo3

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
I have this problem on my arf YM 116621... I have it for 3 months now and it starts on the bracelet but only on the bracelet. I noticed that my bracelet has a different clasp code and also no plated sides of the centre links on the bracelet like it is on the photos of the arf YM. I don't know if arf did any changes to the bracelet but this is kind of weird. I love my two tone YM so this really sucks :(

atb2401

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/3/15
Had one of these if your acidic good luck on the plating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Had one of these if your acidic good luck on the plating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a while I blamed it on possibly sweat, humidity in the air where I live in Spain, but the fact the plating wear is in areas which do not come in contact with the skin or even rub against clothing, so I have to just blame the quality of the plating itself rather than external factors

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For a while I blamed it on possibly sweat, humidity in the air where I live in Spain, but the fact the plating wear is in areas which do not come in contact with the skin or even rub against clothing, so I have to just blame the quality of the plating itself rather than external factors

Maybe the friction of constant rubbing against the rubber strap, or a byproduct of the strap material?

MilwaukeeTalkie

21/8/15
CONUS
You know what really sucks? When you get brand new yellow gold Daytonas (on oysterflex) from a TD, and then you put gen dials, gen hands, and gen crystals, and then just 2 months later the plating on the lugs is wearing off!

So now I need to find a CONUS based plater, which is not easy. The expert platers here are on forum are abroad and shipping cost/risk of loss just isn’t worth it right now.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
You know what really sucks? When you get brand new yellow gold Daytonas (on oysterflex) from a TD, and then you put gen dials, gen hands, and gen crystals, and then just 2 months later the plating on the lugs is wearing off!

So now I need to find a CONUS based plater, which is not easy. The expert platers here are on forum are abroad and shipping cost/risk of loss just isn’t worth it right now.

Yeah that’s pretty crap, I’m well over 1000$ on this which is nothing compared to your build so can imagine your frustration. Flying Tommy sorted me out as much as possible, but my understanding from him is Noobs base metal and plating is strange, Tommy and Domi stripped mine back to base metal and replated it and it still had issues. He’s done varios platings with ARF and many JF APs (sister factories) and the plating stays perfect.

maybe something to say for Noobs Daytona’s not being the best for frankening (gold models at least)

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
According to a recent sales post modder Nikz19 in Europe can gold plate it (10 micron thick) for Euro180.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I put some mild adhesive tape on a Noob "gold" bracelet to protect it while regulating it and when I took the tape off, the top layer of plating came off with it.

bj9dL.jpg

bj1IQ.jpg