• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do I know what version an ARF is?

irwit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/19
Hi all,

Im new(ish) to the rep world. Im looking for a hulk sub and from my research, I would go for an ARF. However, when looking at a noob, for example, I know to search for a noob v9. However, with ARF, there doesnt seem to be version numbers? I see contradicting image where, for example, the and big space in the dial text between ft and 300 on some but not on others. Is there something Im missing when it comes to ARF and other brands on how to know what version im buying?
Many thanks!

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Search the forum for these watches and study the pics.

Short: ARF has got more boxy lugs. Mostly the 50 on the bezel is off center. The hour hand is slightly slimmer than the minute hand. Crystal quality is very good with visible black hole effect. Magnification mostly is 3x instead of correct 2,5x.

irwit

22/1/19
Search the forum for these watches and study the pics.

Short: ARF has got more boxy lugs. Mostly the 50 on the bezel is off center. The hour hand is slightly slimmer than the minute hand. Crystal quality is very good with visible black hole effect. Magnification mostly is 3x instead of correct 2,5x.

Thanks for teh reply but I think you might have mis-read my question. Im not asking about visual differences. Im asking, in terms of naming convention for arf, how do I know im getting the latest version ? Noob factory change the name, so noob v7, noob v8 etc. ARF, VRF, don't seem to use version numbers so how do I know what version I am buying from the ARF factory ?

irwit

22/1/19
ARF submariner is on v2 btw

Thanks for teh reply, the v2, however, from my reading, referes to the version of the movement the ARF uses. Its not in reference to the version of watch. this is from my own reading anyway.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
We the members make it up as we go along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levidreycon

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/11/18
Thanks for teh reply, the v2, however, from my reading, referes to the version of the movement the ARF uses. Its not in reference to the version of watch. this is from my own reading anyway.

Still called the ARF v2 it’s the latest model and yes only change is the movement but still to answer your question ARF v2 is the latest version

irwit

22/1/19
Still called the ARF v2 it’s the latest model and yes only change is the movement but still to answer your question ARF v2 is the latest version

https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2.html

like I said, the watch is no different to the other except for the movement. This isn't a v2 arf, its a v2 movement. The same way you can buy a noobv9 with either an A2836 or an SA3135. The watch doesn't change on the noob OR the ARF, just the movement.

I'm really surprised no one has an answer for this one :s

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
One thing I don't seem to understand with ARF is their datewheels, they seem so random. Sometimes they're ridiculously thick, other times they're sort of ok. Different batches are coming randomly from factory I guess?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
One thing I don't seem to understand with ARF is their datewheels, they seem so random. Sometimes they're ridiculously thick, other times they're sort of ok. Different batches are coming randomly from factory I guess?

Different batches + you actually have 2 different watches with the a2824 and the 3135

VacheronC

Horology Curious
18/12/18
I just got the ARF sh3135v2, the DW got changed to gen and the bracelet got a brush to be more gen like. That said, I love it. Only things are the 12 o'clock marker on the dial which is set too high and the insert is a little off, but that's minimal.
Great watch

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I just got the ARF sh3135v2, the DW got changed to gen and the bracelet got a brush to be more gen like. That said, I love it. Only things are the 12 o'clock marker on the dial which is set too high and the insert is a little off, but that's minimal.
Great watch

Pics please :)

VacheronC

Horology Curious
18/12/18
Yeah of course, where do I have to upload the pics so you can see them on here?