• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ARF Deepsea SH3135-v2

dee306

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/14

Hmm I messed up a few screw heads while adjusting the link. Do you need a special tool? The width of the screwdriver looks right. I just read something about maybe needing a hollow ground or T-shaped screwdriver.
I use slotted micro screwdriver that is approx same width as the link screw, also ensure you have enough pressure so the driver doesn’t slip. Never had an issue.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

Hmm I messed up a few screw heads while adjusting the link. Do you need a special tool? The width of the screwdriver looks right. I just read something about maybe needing a hollow ground or T-shaped screwdriver.

Dip bracelet in a cup of boiling water for 5mins and then unscrew

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
I use slotted micro screwdriver that is approx same width as the link screw, also ensure you have enough pressure so the driver doesn’t slip. Never had an issue.

Agreed. The bracelet quality on mine is top notch, although the glide lock has popped open a few times when under tension

tommikeson

24/10/14
I just got mine. A little squaek in the bracelet, is that expected? I think the date font is a little thinner, but I see what people mean about it being uncentered. I think the dial transition is spot on though.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I just got mine. A little squaek in the bracelet, is that expected? I think the date font is a little thinner, but I see what people mean about it being uncentered. I think the dial transition is spot on though.

The bracelet needs cleaning if you have an ultrasonic cleaner. If not leave the bracelet in baby oil for 12 hours and you will be happy. In general, all bracelets are much better after the baby oil bath.

tommikeson

24/10/14
Thanks. I tried to take the screws out and clean them in some oil, it may have helped but not much. I think I'll invest in the ultrasonic cleaner. I can use it when I service some of my simplier reps.

I'll try and take some pics in the daylight so we have some more comparisons out here. I don't have the eye that others have, but I normally can see the boldness of the fonts in images and I do think that it is a little thinner.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

I contacted a TD for replacement screws but he said ARF does not sell them. Do you really need to buy a complete new bracelet to get a screw?!! I wonder if a Rolex eplacement screw will fit.

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
I contacted a TD for replacement screws but he said ARF does not sell them. Do you really need to buy a complete new bracelet to get a screw?!! I wonder if a Rolex eplacement screw will fit.

Sorry if this is an ovbious question, but did you remove any links and could you use the screw from that?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Sorry if this is an ovbious question, but did you remove any links and could you use the screw from that?

I was just fiddling with it. Unfortunately I don’t have any extra links.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Looks decent to me.

But I don’t look that carefully into small details

a344f903f0976731bd0d9952cb4d27b9.jpg

4ba18ac68fb0a104fa44a320d15a2649.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and StevieH

Pater_Pen

Known Member
Certified
1/11/18
Hm okay,
i still have to decide to pull the trigger or not.
what about the 2824 movement. I heard it's more reliable than the sh3135?

StevieH

Known Member
14/1/19
Is the 18mm bothering you on the wrist or does it still feel good?

I have a Gen Sub that I have worn nearly daily for 15 years and yes, this DSSD is big and something I was slightly concerned about before I ordered, but I can honestly say that it feels really good on my wrist and the weigh if ok and it doesn’t really ‘wobble about’ either. I think you need to have it snug to the wrist, but not tight, so if you like yours loose, then maybe this may not be the right choice for you.

As I have said previously, I am incredibly happy with mine from puretime, thanks Angus, I think to all intents and purposes it looks and feels like a gen! Let’s face it, they are so rare, it is most unlikely that you will find someone with a gen to compare side by side and nitpick over the very minor differences under a magnifying glass!

tommikeson

24/10/14
Is the 18mm bothering you on the wrist or does it still feel good?
I just got mine, it feels small compared to what I'm used to... PAM111 and PAM382. Compared to the 382, it feels small. My wrist is 7 3/4, the watch is just a little tall.

Reactions: Hesekiel