Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New ARF Deepsea SH3135-v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the 18mm bothering you on the wrist or does it still feel good?

Comment

Originally posted by Pater_Pen View Post
      It’s fat. Very FAT. Feel like a joke watch, lol.
      Not comfortable but very badass.

I like it.

Comment

Hm okay,
        i still have to decide to pull the trigger or not.
        what about the 2824 movement. I heard it's more reliable than the sh3135?

Comment

I have a Gen Sub that I have worn nearly daily for 15 years and yes, this DSSD is big and something I was slightly concerned about before I ordered, but I can honestly say that it feels really good on my wrist and the weigh if ok and it doesn’t really ‘wobble about’ either. I think you need to have it snug to the wrist, but not tight, so if you like yours loose, then maybe this may not be the right choice for you.

As I have said previously, I am incredibly happy with mine from puretime, thanks Angus, I think to all intents and purposes it looks and feels like a gen! Let’s face it, they are so rare, it is most unlikely that you will find someone with a gen to compare side by side and nitpick over the very minor differences under a magnifying glass!

Comment

I just got mine, it feels small compared to what I'm used to... PAM111 and PAM382. Compared to the 382, it feels small. My wrist is 7 3/4, the watch is just a little tall.

Comment

I got mine and love this watch, the crystal is a bit higher than the bezel. Hope the v3 will modify this and make quick patch afap...

從我的iPhone使用RWI 發送

Comment

What can I say, this is such a beautiful watch. They have updated the hands, which are now curved like gen. this might be the best OTB Rolex diver available. The ARF sub and SD have cyclops and DW issues. The SD43K has got flat hands...so by process of elimination, the DSSD is the most aesthetically accurate rep to my eyes.

Comment

Great looking rep for sure. I cannot unsee the high crystal though. Not a showstopper but still.

Comment

Originally posted by xartan View Post
                    Great looking rep for sure. I cannot unsee the high crystal though. Not a showstopper but still.
                    Haha. I hear you. Different things bother different people.

As a gen collector the reported high crystal would not have been noticed by me..maybe the jeweller used a thicker aftermarket gasket or didn’t press the crystal down fully ....doesn’t make the watch fake.

but typical ARF submariner/SD43K cyclops, DW is an instant tell for me (in the hands). With the DSSD there is nothing that looks obviously wrong (ie not in accordance with basic Rolex design principles) to my eyes.

Comment

I sometimes wish I wouldn’t notice all those tiny flaws that almost nobody will notice unless you specifically know what to look for.

It’s a damn good looking watch first of all. It’s easy to forget focusing on tiny details that are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KSwatches View Post
                        What can I say, this is such a beautiful watch. They have updated the hands, which are now curved like gen. this might be the best OTB Rolex diver available. The ARF sub and SD have cyclops and DW issues. The SD43K has got flat hands...so by process of elimination, the DSSD is the most aesthetically accurate rep to my eyes.

could you do a straight Dial shot for me Mate ? looking really good

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post

could you do a straight Dial shot for me Mate ? looking really good
                          Hard to capture a straight on shot due to the domed crystal, that is reflecting light all over the place:

Comment

absolute stunning watch - my favorite in mix with rubberB strap

I agree with KSwatches - currently best Rolex diver ootb

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Comment

6 and 9 oclock are way more rounded now <3 they going in the right direction

Comment

[QUOTE=Tigerdragon;n7714994]6 and 9 oclock are way more rounded now
                                Yes. I agree.

The hands are curved like gen.

6 and 9 marker surrounds are nicely rounded.

12 is not perfect but it’s not flat and super pointy like the ARF SD4K (for example):

The lume is brilliant white. It should be a few shades darker. Not a deal breaker for me but it is annoying and they should fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X