• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Guys has anyone had problems with the movement in their Noob’s? I ordered a Noob 116529LN and it was DOA. I winded the watch a bit and it started running but the second hand always stops at approx 3 seconds.

Anyone had a similar experience of this?

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Guys has anyone had problems with the movement in their Noob’s? I ordered a Noob 116529LN and it was DOA. I winded the watch a bit and it started running but the second hand always stops at approx 3 seconds.

Apologies, 116519LN

tennisrx7

Horology Curious
26/3/19
HI DJ Woody. Thanks for the welcome. I love this place. I am trying to attach pictures but it says I am not authorized to do so..I read the sticky on how to do it but it does not allow me to do so...at any rate, I have swapped the bracelet from a no name Daytona to the Noob .I bought the no name on the street with working chronos Now the Noob n has gaps under the top and bottom of the watch with a lot of movement of the top links. Hard to describe without pictures . At any rate, I may just swap the bracelet back to the Noob that it came with..it is just so light and tinny sounding in comparison to the noname I bought on the street. The no name is also heavier and better feeling just that the hands dont wind correctly and that is a big tell. The Noob is much better overall with fonts, chronos etc but the bracelet is poor at best. How much for a Gen bezel? And does anyone sell a better bracelet than ARF? Thanks in advance for your reply.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Keep winding, at least 40-50 times. Hopefully that will kick start it.

Did your TD do any testing on the movement before it left? Some like to show a shot on a timergraph to confirm all is well.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
HI DJ Woody. Thanks for the welcome. I love this place. I am trying to attach pictures but it says I am not authorized to do so..I read the sticky on how to do it but it does not allow me to do so...at any rate, I have swapped the bracelet from a no name Daytona to the Noob .I bought the no name on the street with working chronos Now the Noob n has gaps under the top and bottom of the watch with a lot of movement of the top links. Hard to describe without pictures . At any rate, I may just swap the bracelet back to the Noob that it came with..it is just so light and tinny sounding in comparison to the noname I bought on the street. The no name is also heavier and better feeling just that the hands dont wind correctly and that is a big tell. The Noob is much better overall with fonts, chronos etc but the bracelet is poor at best. How much for a Gen bezel? And does anyone sell a better bracelet than ARF? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Definitely go for an ARF bracelet, I have seen a couple sell here for $150 or so. It feels gen IMHO.

As for posting photos, maybe try the Tapatalk app, I never had an issue there.

tennisrx7

Horology Curious
26/3/19
Thanks SOLEX. I will try the ARF bracelet but TOROBRAVO says it wont quite fit so I am torn on whether I should buy it or not. WHo is selling them besides the TDs? Is the ARF bracelet heavier thant the stock NOOB ? The NOOB is so light and tinny..horrible..really disappointing...

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Thanks SOLEX. I will try the ARF bracelet but TOROBRAVO says it wont quite fit so I am torn on whether I should buy it or not. WHo is selling them besides the TDs? Is the ARF bracelet heavier thant the stock NOOB ? The NOOB is so light and tinny..horrible..really disappointing...

Don't know if you ever handled a gen, but trust me , they feel kind of light

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Idk. I had both arf and noob bracelet in my hand, ARF bracelet did fit but a little worse than noob. I honestly don’t think there’s a big different feeling between arf and noob. Only the clasp is different.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
I don't understand the complaints about the noob bracelet feeling light or cheap. A real daytona weighs 135 grams according to this page:
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/m...-watch-worn-in-the-hodinkee-office-in-one-day

I just put my noob on the scale with a link I pulled out and its 6 grams heavier than the gen watch. For some reason the display looks awful in the photo but you get the idea:

Vosnfa.jpg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/15
I don't understand the complaints about the noob bracelet feeling light or cheap. A real daytona weighs 135 grams according to this page:
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ma...ice-in-one-day

I just put my noob on the scale with a link I pulled out and its 6 grams heavier than the gen watch. For some reason the display looks awful in the photo but you get the idea:

I have a Gen Daytona. Just received my Noob Daytona too and frankly the bracelet does feel cheap compared to the gen. The way the bracelet does not flow well and does not fall straight down when you hold the watch head shows that the links are not connected smoothly. It's hard to put into words but just my $0.02.

This part of the bracelet hopefully illustrates my point. A Gen's bracelet would never 'edge' out like this when you put it down:

VoxOah.jpg

However this is not as issue for me at all. At less than 3% of the Gen's price, this is nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
This part of the bracelet hopefully illustrates my point. A Gen's bracelet would never 'edge' out like this when you put it down

Give it a bracelet SPA treatment !

Captainunderpants

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/15
England
I have recently tried on a white gold Daytona in the the rolex AD
It’s nearly a £30000 watch and the bracelet was really stiff and edged out just like that when I put it down . It was not what I was expecting as I’ve only ever held a replica Daytona .

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tennisrx7

Horology Curious
26/3/19
Guys- You are all a wealth of knowledge. Love it. I will definitely try the spa treatment and maybe just change the clasp..that is the part that is stiffest and sounds tinny. Can someone tell me how to upload a picture as I am trying to show everyone what is happening with my NOob after I swapped out a a bracelet from another Daytona I bought on the street with working chronos..not sure that it is a 4130 movement as the hands do not wind in the correct direction like the Noob but as far as weight goes, you guys are right, the Gen Rolex is not really heavier than the Noob if at all but the bracelet is really much better..go figure for 20 times the amount it better be! I tried Taptalk per someone on here but that doesnt allow pictures either I guess I can try Imgur next?

tennisrx7

Horology Curious
26/3/19
Thanks freediver! Let me give this a shot....on the left is the noob with the no name purchased on the street on the right. I switched bracelets because the no name has a heavier/better feel to the bracelet but now I have a big gap at the top of the watch on the noob.....

VoTJPr.jpg

VoT2oe.jpg