• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
VGCoFe.jpg

VGClJT.jpg

The dial seems a new batch ... look at the @3 sub dial , the "10" seems more higher and the "20" too lower

Very strange
Same thing for the QC posted by 5711

It's me and my eyes or they mess somewhere ?

Last edited:

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
I'm thinking of buying one of these but want to get an ARF bezel. I asked ChazingTime if they could get me just the ARF bezel or just the watch head, they said ARF aren't willing to sell just the parts alone. So I'd have to buy both watches, swap the bezels over and then try to sell the ARF watch with the noob bezel installed. Would that be difficult to sell?

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
I'm thinking of buying one of these but want to get an ARF bezel. I asked ChazingTime if they could get me just the ARF bezel or just the watch head, they said ARF aren't willing to sell just the parts alone. So I'd have to buy both watches, swap the bezels over and then try to sell the ARF watch with the noob bezel installed. Would that be difficult to sell?

I've seen people buy the ARF base with Noob bezel for cheap before i think. You'll have to price it right.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/15
The dial seems a new batch ... look at the @3 sub dial , the "10" seems more higher and the "20" too lower

Very strange
Same thing for the QC posted by 5711

It's me and my eyes or they mess somewhere ?

Just took a second look and I agree with you about the "10" seeming higher. Could mine be a V2.3?

In the Gen dial, the "10" is slightly closer to the bottom than the top.

v2.2
VPsePd.png

newrepper's (let's call it v2.3)
VPsccb.png

Gen
VPsQY3.png

Last edited:

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Just took a second look and I agree with you about the "10" seeming higher.

This just another reason why people replace Noob dials with AR Factory dials.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digital.

kopite81

2/12/18
Anyone looking for a Gen dial and hand set PM me - Got a lovely set at bargain price!!

newrepper

13/6/18
These are the qc photos of the one I just accepted. For reference to the 10 and 20 issue to me this one looks more centered in the ring then the previous. Maybe it’s a dial to dial issue?
Any way here’s the pic for reference

VP2yMI.png

newrepper

13/6/18
These are the qc photos of the one I just accepted. For reference to the 10 and 20 issue to me this one looks more centered in the ring then the previous. Maybe it’s a dial to dial issue?
Any way here’s the pic for reference

VP2yMI.png

Actually it still looks lower never mind

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
This is a QC picture from March and another from about a week ago...

It looks like this could just an intermittent variation or a minor flaw in Noob's manufacturing process or the production process of whoever supplies the dials to Noob.

March 28, 2019... Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

May 14, 2019... Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

Reactions: newrepper

tennisrx7

Horology Curious
26/3/19
Guys- Just received my Noob v2 Daytona. It is great but the the bracelet really is a disappointment. It is light and chintzy. I am very unimpressed. What is the best replacement braclet you guys are finding out there? How much and where to buy?Also the watch crystal seems to be too thick. Anybody else seeing this too? I bought from Torobravo. Great experience. Had to use western union but it was a fast turnaround. From western union to Qc pics to delivery in 2 weeks. Great TD. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

15/12/15
This is a QC picture from March and another from about a week ago...

It looks like this could just an intermittent variation or a minor flaw in Noob's manufacturing process or the production process of whoever supplies the dials to Noob.

March 28, 2019... Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

May 14, 2019... Right Click and Open Image in a New Tab to see it Larger...

Thank you so much for always providing these comparison pictures. With these faults in the "V2.3" dial, do you think dial swap with the ARF dial would be worth it?

Peperret

Looking Around
25/6/18
Hey everyone !

I have well received my noob Daytona !

I’m totally in love with this one.

I have a question :

Do you know where can I find new screws for my Daytona please ??

Look on the pics, they are a bit damaged.

dd5fdc1e-edf4-4b99-8ff3-64c4cb00f306

f947b171-45d9-4b6a-8946-13f029f51bd4

Or can I order a new noob bracelet ?

Many thanks

Peperret

Looking Around
25/6/18
Hey everyone !

I have a question :

Many thanks

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Hey everyone !

I have a question :

Many thanks

Was it like this from the factory? If so, another thing to add to the QC photo request list!

15/12/15
Just took a second look and I agree with you about the "10" seeming higher. Could mine be a V2.3?

v2.2
VPsePd.png

newrepper's (let's call it v2.3)
VPsccb.png

Gen
VPsQY3.png

Upon closer inspection, it seems like the v2.3 did improve on the "3" as it is now closer to the bottom than the top. However, this was at the cost of the "10" flaw.

v2.2
Vo68Y3.png

v2.3
Vo6icb.png

Gen
Vo6fK8.png

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Guys- Just received my Noob v2 Daytona. It is great but the the bracelet really is a disappointment. It is light and chintzy. I am very unimpressed. What is the best replacement braclet you guys are finding out there? How much and where to buy?Also the watch crystal seems to be too thick. Anybody else seeing this too? I bought from Torobravo. Great experience. Had to use western union but it was a fast turnaround. From western union to Qc pics to delivery in 2 weeks. Great TD. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Welcome! Its been mentioned a few times, but both these points you raise are flaws of the Noob watch. ARF supposedly have a better bracelet but its not a 1:1 switch as you will have SEL gap problems. Alternatively, you could replace the clasp only. The crystal can be replaced with gen.