• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
I am an advocate to get the rep factories to make as close to the genuine item as possible but yes I agree on the R sheriff some people are focused on. In real life even when holding the gen right next to it its extremely hard to tell. The writing is so small and I have perfect vision as well. LOL

Buy the watch and enjoy it. I have been for a few months now.

Im not nit picky by any means and I am still very much a newbie learning from the veterans but the font is painfully obvious as long as you're looking at it. I think we need to call a spade a spade and a difference in font like that is definitely noticeable. If you enjoy your stock noob watch, all the power to you and enjoy it to the fullest. But anyone claiming there's indistinguishable difference / requires scrutinizing to see it is probably overcompensating for the fact that they do not want to have to spend the extra dough on a clearly superior ARF Bezel.

Reactions: ssouthall6

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Does noob's bracelet noticeably feel cheap comparing to ARF bracelet?

Arf bracelet is definitely better quality, whether you can get it to fit the noob correctly is another issue

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Does noob's bracelet noticeably feel cheap comparing to ARF bracelet?

I have both. It is nigh on impossible to tell the difference. Maybe I got lucky but my noob was really well finished.

Tbh I think I prefer the noob clasp! What do you guys think and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I agree, there is not much difference with the bracelets. I always do the oil treatment.
The latest batches from noob had an issue with the clasp, just see my QC. I accepted because I had 2 perfect noob clasps.

Regarding the rehaut alignment, from 6 daytonas, all are perfect, much better the ARF

a9869fc338cc08f80b8574d24aca65da.jpg

Sent from iX

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
ARF's crown in clasp is polished like gen, noob is not
waiting my watch to come back from my modder, maybe i could polish it, maybe i won't bother.
It's very small difference on the wrist

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Agree it`s a small difference once on the wrist. The finish on this Arf I had was much nicer than my Noob. I'm not too concerned about bracelets and SEL though it doesn't interest me much. For me after the Arf dial and bezel has been Installed its good to go.
d2c15c2147ac60b683a614ce90aba45a.jpg

Qatar974

16/11/18
Qatar
I agree, there is not much difference with the bracelets. I always do the oil treatment.
The latest batches from noob had an issue with the clasp, just see my QC. I accepted because I had 2 perfect noob clasps.

Regarding the rehaut alignment, from 6 daytonas, all are perfect, much better the ARF

a9869fc338cc08f80b8574d24aca65da.jpg

Sent from iX

What do you mean by oil treatment, my bracelet on noob v2 is making some sound and it is not smooth, does the oil treatment fix that ?

davidE550

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/12
If you can't tell the difference between a Noob v1 and a gen 116500 then that's great for you, as long as you're happy with your watches that's all that matters. The bezel alone is not the issue, although it's dull and has the incorrect font. I (and many others) can tell the difference especially in the dial from a good distance away, it's one of the worst flaws I've seen on a rep. So for me because I have this incredible movement and have spent nearly $700 on a rep it's worth spending the extra $ to make that rep almost indistinguishable on the wrist, an amazing watch I will keep for life.

That's not what I said, I was referring to the R on the bezel, and if you can see that difference from a distance you have better vision than superman, which I doubt. If you see my further comment the Noob V2.1 is indistinguishable to the Gen on the wrist or even in hand. You are free to spend whatever you want to make yourself happy with the watch after all that's what this thing is all about. Enjoy

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
What do you mean by oil treatment, my bracelet on noob v2 is making some sound and it is not smooth, does the oil treatment fix that ?

Baby oil bath

d446094c37b8d5ec4f8969697954cdbc.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I am an advocate to get the rep factories to make as close to the genuine item as possible but yes I agree on the R sheriff some people are focused on. In real life even when holding the gen right next to it its extremely hard to tell. The writing is so small and I have perfect vision as well. LOL

Buy the watch and enjoy it. I have been for a few months now.

Couldn't agree more. In hindsight I feel I was such an asshole with my TD when QC-ing it...then the watch arrived and those details everyone CAN'T LIVE WITH are impossible to discern for a 19.5/20 vision like mine

Reactions: Desertwanderer

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Couldn't agree more. In hindsight I feel I was such an asshole with my TD when QC-ing it...then the watch arrived and those details everyone CAN'T LIVE WITH are impossible to discern for a 19.5/20 vision like mine

That is the problem when we are all looking at zoomed in photos on a huge computer monitor. This watch is a mere 40mm!

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Finally receive it, what a amazing rep ... the movement runs so great , and the overall build quality is amazing , ok maybe the bezel a little dull .... but all the others parts are perfect ! i'm agree that we are maybe too nitpicker since this watch is only 40mm ...

some pics

Here next to my GEN Omega Speedmaster Pro