• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
In their defense it’s probably not an easy task to make a perfect rep. I’m not sure they could even if they would. But I agree it looks like sometimes they intentionally fuck up stuff that was already good. Whether it’s actually intentional or not I guess only they know.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Anyone seen this dial? I know there is a aftermarket version somewhere. The one with the luminous numbers.
bad2d01c5a29d241dd6c308039b23b5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Just received my QC pics since I switched to the black dial. What do you guys think? Did they updated this version too?
0f6ab8f2a2b682410f44484157a068e9.jpg

This is definitely a new Updated V2.2 dial.

Right click and open image in a new tab to see this picture larger...

Reactions: vcappp

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
I'm gutted- I refused my first QC due to SEL fitment, so they got another one, and now I'm not happy with this one even more!

My TD is saying that these QC pics make it look worse than it is, but what do you guys think?

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I'm gutted- I refused my first QC due to SEL fitment, so they got another one, and now I'm not happy with this one even more!

My TD is saying that these QC pics make it look worse than it is, but what do you guys think?

Sometimes it could just be a shadow and isnt that bad in real life.

Desertwanderer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/19
Sometimes it could just be a shadow and isnt that bad in real life.

Plua depending on your screen size that picture could be at least twice as big as the actual watch on your wrist, thus amplifying stuff you really wont see when wearing it on your wrist.

kopite81

2/12/18
Even the TD is saying the pics don't paint a true picture - I can't say id be happy with that,

Surely if the TD thinks the photo is gash its a loosing battle already!!

Ask for more QC pics in neutral lighting and in high res

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
How the heck did noob's bezel contractor f--ck up by adding serifs to the R's? Also, why would noob accept these bezels with such an obvious flaw??? I don't expect perfection from a rep, just close enough. However, when you are talking about a rep that is priced at $688 plus shipping etc., we shouldn't be seeing a decline in accuracy on such a key part and the QC is starting a bit spotty. Lot's of dial indices are not lined up well, bezels not lined up with at the 12, dials misaligned etc. I can live with slight gaps in the SEL--which can often be fixed with a larger spring bar--but such an obvious flaw in he bezel font is worse IMO than a flaw in the print font on the dial.

I know most of you guys are going for the 116500 (it is damn sexy), but I think that, even without updates, the rep of the 116520 is harder to spot as a rep. Sure, they used the wrong font and alignment on the dial, but there have been so many different dial variations of the 116520 dial over its 16 year run that it would be really hard to tell if something is off. An AD or other dealer might be aware that there are different dial variation, but there is (to the best of my knowledge) no official guide from Rolex detailing changes in dial variations from year to year/batch to batch (nor is this something that Rolex publicizes). Most AD's wouldn't be able to tell that a 116520 is a replica until you pop off the case back and see the movement. Same goes with the steel bezel font--no crazy serifs added. Also, seeing a gen 116500 in the wild is rare indeed, but there are enough 116520's out there that it wouldn't catch as much attention or scrutiny (if you care about that sort of thing). I am frankly not sure they would really spot the differences between even the current noob and the gen 116500 without inspecting the movement, but the flaws definitely stand out more on the 116500 since it is such a rare and coveted watch at the moment with a limited number of variations in design since it's launch.

Reactions: NJHC and PeteZahutt

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
OK fellas,

Just recieved my Noob Daytona v2.2 and its freakin awesome watch. Probably one of the best reps out of the box with the ARF SD43. The only issue is the Sherrifs on the R on the bezel but honestly I cant even tell in real life having the watch like 20cm from my face. We are looking at 30-50x zoomed pics here and in real life NO-ONE is going to tell that especially at a distance.

I cant stop wearing it non stop since it arrived yesterday. The operation of the chrono buttons feel so good just like genuine - love that clean crisp feel of a column wheel clutch.

Anyway here is some pictures. Its a stunner. No one gonna call you out on this one on the wrist.

IMG-20190326-233111.jpg

IMG-20190327-151208.jpg

IMG-20190327-151221.jpg

IMG-20190327-151228.jpg

IMG-20190327-151240.jpg

IMG-20190327-151255.jpg

IMG-20190327-151306.jpg

IMG-20190327-151317.jpg

IMG-20190327-151331.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
OK fellas,

Just recieved my Noob Daytona v2.2 and its freakin awesome watch. Probably one of the best reps out of the box with the ARF SD43. The only issue is the Sherrifs on the R on the bezel but honestly I cant even tell in real life having the watch like 20cm from my face. We are looking at 30-50x zoomed pics here and in real life NO-ONE is going to tell that especially at a distance.
]

Go tell it to all those who say "instant tell"

peterpl

24/7/11
Go tell it to all those who say "instant tell"

HAHAHAH - yep its a sick watch!!!! I honestly cant get over how smooth and the nice click the chrono pushers make to operate. Feels exactly like gen. LOL

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
The only problem is the dimmed Numbers on bezel.
When luminosity is ok no problem but when the sun goes down the Numbers are too dark and calloutable

peterpl

24/7/11
When luminosity is ok no problem but when the sun goes down the Numbers are too dark and calloutable

Not really. The Noob v7 markers on the sub were horrible. These are much much better in color. You can actually read them in low light. Honestly in darker areas gens are the same. Very hard to read the bezel numbers as well.

grkpmpn69

Known Member
17/12/18

I feel the only dial numbers you would be able to read in low light would be off the silver background on the black dial. This watch is spot on and the "ticks" on the "R"s are very subtle in these pics, great looking watch! I would say that with a xtal, this watch would be VERY hard to tell from gen even up close, let alone on wrist.
This is making my pocket itch.

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
I just can't say enough about this replica.

It is worth every penny the movement is a masterpiece and it is extremely reliable at keeping the time. As a veteran who has had many reps and knowing someone who seemingly has had every rep ever. The mere fact that the watch is actually reliable is a big deal.

The look and feel of the watch is practically identical to genuine. I don't care what anybody says about the fat sub dials yes the version 1 subdials were too big but this V2 is spot on with the genuine. I've held it up to some genuine versions in shop windows and you just cannot tell the difference.

This is a game changer.

What I really think is funny about this watch is that currently, the panda is roughly the same price as the gold version with the rubber oysterflex strap. Obviously, it is much harder to fake solid 18-carat gold than it is to fake steel. Now that they have this incredibly close replica. like with Panarai I think the secondary market for stainless steel Daytona's is going to crater. If these watches keep evolving into V3 V4 you soon won't be able to distinguish it from the original and secondary dealers will start to get burnt

Ever since Rolex started manipulating the stainless steel market for this watch all those years ago I think they are in a final collapse. They should be making the precious metal version is exclusive because you just can't fake gold that well. The Noob V2 Daytona is near as dammit 1:1 why pay $24,000 for something when you can get roughly the same thing for $700?