• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
So people with Noob v2 116500 white dial, would you still be considering the ARF dial & bezel mod?

Yes. Both are better, esp the bezel.

But everyone's level of acceptance varies. This will be my first rollie without a gen dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
This is what I was talking about... Seems that it did not receive the status of the V2

May I kindly ask you to do the same thing but for a black dial?

About September of 2018 the Noob Daytonas were changed from a 316L case to a 904L case.
At this same time the Dealers changed their listings for all Noob Daytonas from V1 to V2 and the price increased by $100.

The improvements to the dials and to the quality in February 2019 are not being called a new version by the Dealers, just an "Updated Dial."

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Mine arrived and on the bezel a little paint is off on numbers. How can i replace paint ? What color use? What tool ?

Bracelet is not good.

grafixen

Horology Curious
18/6/18
Mine arrived and on the bezel a little paint is off on numbers. How can i replace paint ? What color use? What tool ?

Bracelet is not good.

The bezel is a bit tricky. The inner markings are sand blasted, and in which case no matter what you overlay on top, it will never give you full satisfaction.
On the Noob it's too dull in low light but shines the right colour in bright sun. On the ARF it's the right colour but ever so slightly too fat.

In the end I have tried both white and silver oil markers. The white comes closest. But then I wasn't impressed with either, so I decided to replace it with an ARF bezel altogether.
I guess it all depends on your tolerance for perfection or imperfection

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
The bezel is a bit tricky. The inner markings are sand blasted, and in which case no matter what you overlay on top, it will never give you full satisfaction.
On the Noob it's too dull in low light but shines the right colour in bright sun. On the ARF it's the right colour but ever so slightly too fat.

In the end I have tried both white and silver oil markers. The white comes closest. But then I wasn't impressed with either, so I decided to replace it with an ARF bezel altogether.
I guess it all depends on your tolerance for perfection or imperfection

Where can i get the ARF Bezel? Wich TD ?

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Are there any news about the updated ice-blue dial? What are the improvements? Did they manage to get the individual sunburst-effect on the subdials?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
About September of 2018 the Noob Daytonas were changed from a 316L case to a 904L case.
At this same time the Dealers changed their listings for all Noob Daytonas from V1 to V2 and the price increased by $100.

The improvements to the dials and to the quality in February 2019 are not being called a new version by the Dealers, just an "Updated Dial."

That's a really great comparison. I haven't seen one like that for a white dial. I'm not sure there is any updated white dial or at least not one with noticeable improvement . I have yet to see it at least.

peterpl

24/7/11
The white dial looks exactly the same. There is clear improvement on the black dial as the sub rings look much much better. The white dial still looks too fat.

Does anyone have QC of the white dial that is for sure a v2? Say in the last day or so? Please post them for educational purposes.

Reactions: vcappp

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The white dial looks exactly the same. There is clear improvement on the black dial as the sub rings look much much better. The white dial still looks too fat.

Does anyone have QC of the white dial that is for sure a v2? Say in the last day or so? Please post them for educational purposes.

The subdials are slimmer and the O has a minor shadow at the side. The O is still wrong and looks the same.

ARF is still way ahead

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
The subdials are slimmer and the O has a minor shadow at the side. The O is still wrong and looks the same.

ARF is still way ahead

I'd love a clear HD comparison showing that. Not that I doubt you. I just haven't seen a clear comparison showing the difference on the white dial.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Many people prefer the White ARF 116500 Dial and have replaced the Noob dial with an ARF dial.
The dial on the Left is an ARF V2. On the Right, a Noob V2 QC photo from early March, 2019...

Right click and open image in a new tab to see it larger...

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Arf is so much better looking. The Noob dial looks a bit off center too.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Be your own judge. Personally I don’t think I could accept the noob bezel neither the arf movement so at this point a franken would be the only viable option for me I think.

Reactions: frankdux1987

lilmoogz

Known Member
15/11/18
Sourcing the arf bezel and dial and then having a modder install it onto the noob is a real hassle. Not to mention it would cost near $1000 to have it done.

Honestly, the minuscule difference of the arf and noob are not noticeable on the wrist. Having the 4130 movement is a must imo!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I guess it all comes down to your personal tolerance for imperfection. I’d notice the ugly bezel and possibly off center dial and it would bother me.