• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
This came in today! Sits a lot smaller on the wrist than I imagined.

V6DTK6.jpg

Mookata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/15
Mookata The pic is poor, but I'd accept that, it's better than your average Noob Daytona. Ask for a high res frontal shot, they'll send you one.

Thanks for taking time to provide your input, I've actually jumped the gun and got them to source a new piece (prior to your advice).

Will definitely ask for a high-res pic during the second QC

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
How are the bezel engravings holding up? Are they like the sub which will "peel" off?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I don’t want to be a party pooper and Iam not a ridiculous about expectations but theat dial is clearly misaligned and yes you can see it on the wrist and yes it will probably bug you . look closely at the center pic of the Noob - look at the gap between the indicies and the Rehaut at the 12 o’clock position and compare it with the gap at the 6 o’clock position. There is very little / no gap at 12 and a reasonable gap at 6. Notice it is even all around on both gen and ARF. On the wrist it just seems as though something is not right / uneven about dial.

i look at a lot of these watches. I am in Beijing right now and looked at 8 of them yesterday with my dealer - I was ready to buy 4 but did not buy any because all of them had small flaws. I do not know why but Noob dials continue to be assembled seriously off center - not of all of the time - it probably at least half the time - And I would say that even the ones without a serious off center problem have some degree of off centeredness. A couple of pages ya someone posted a Noob and ARF dial next to each other - there was a much larger gap between the indicies and the edge of the dial on the ARF vs the Noob . I suspect that the larger dial gives the assembler more play to get it right on the ARF vs practically no room for error or adjustment on the Noob.

The original poster, Justcurious321 said that "the dial indeed does not seem straight sadly... the sundials don’t even lineup?"

I was looking at the sub-dials and the rotation of the dial, which were okay. I never looked to see if the dial was exactly centered in the case.
In reading and studying these Noob Daytona Forums very closely over the last 8 months, I don't recall anyone pointing out the dials not being centered in the case. At least if it was pointed out, I don't remember anyone making a big deal about it.

That being said, I went back and looked at high resolution pictures of these watches that I have saved, and I would have to agree that about half of them appear to be slightly off center, to some degree.
Thanks for your post RepHoro, something else to look for.

This is another picture of the watch in question, from a little better angle... not sure if would really see this on the wrist.

Reactions: TimeValue

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I really wish you would keep your replies together instead of spamming the thread with multiple posts.

You quote one thing and refer to something else. However, I bow in the dust for your expertise. You are clearly the expert here with your 30+ Rolex rep collection and constant trips to your personal dealer in Beijing where you get to hold and compare multiple noob v2 watches as well as lots of ARF watches as well as better looking $200 watches and compare them against each other and do statistical analysis.

Shame that there's scepticism towards your comments when from my perspective they are bang on.

Difference of opinion, but I will take broken up posts and replies all day long to learn from someone with so much first hand, hands on experience. Especially if you are doing all of this on just a phone.
Looking forward to you sorting out your picture posting issues...

grahamo87

Horology Curious
6/7/18
Will the 904L steel perform better opposing scratches than other steels? I have a Tudor BB rep that my only issue is how easily it scratches.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Will the 904L steel perform better opposing scratches than other steels? I have a Tudor BB rep that my only issue is how easily it scratches.

i have both 904 and 316 and cannot see any difference concerning scratches for a year now

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Difference of opinion, but I will take broken up posts and replies all day long to learn from someone with so much first hand, hands on experience. Especially if you are doing all of this on just a phone.
Looking forward to you sorting out your picture posting issues...

Can we let this go? I may have been a little touchy. RepHoro I misunderstood your point and I apologize if I came across a bit harsh. I look forward to seeing some of your HD photos.

Last edited:

kopite81

2/12/18
Hi All

Would you all say this is a V2 Noob?

I’ve pulled the trigger as it all looks good to me but you experts may know otherwise.

I’m thinking about doing the ARF bezel/gasket, ARF dial and the clasp.

Your opinions on this QC are appreciated all the same

Thanks.

cb5a309785ca464e27dc0b64c5043821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
It looks like v2 to me. A good looking one too. But if you’re changing the dial anyway it wont matter.

kopite81

2/12/18
It looks like v2 to me. A good looking one too. But if you’re changing the dial anyway it wont matter.

Looking at the quality its making me think do I really need to bother!!

Even the Bezel looks spot on

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Is the bezel a bit misaligned or is it the angle? Probably the latter.