• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Saw this on TRF - I think it looks amazing - does anybody know of a good rep source for this style super jubilee bracelet??

fZMu7yP.jpg

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
I'm looking fora decent jubilee strap fora noob 116500 as well, awaiting reply from puretime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jcher

Justcurious321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/18
Therion666 M Scott

So I requested more pics of the dial and the dial indeed does not seem straight sadly... the sundials don’t even lineup?

https://imgur.com/a/5RwANo8

what do you guys think? I’m worried that this is all blown out of proportion by the zoom but don’t want to end up accepting this and have my OCD always noticing that.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Therion666 M Scott

So I requested more pics of the dial and the dial indeed does not seem straight sadly... the sundials don’t even lineup?

what do you guys think? I’m worried that this is all blown out of proportion by the zoom but don’t want to end up accepting this and have my OCD always noticing that.

I'm not sure what you don't think is not straight... That is about as nice as they get. Your other full pictures were really big, nice, and clear.
If it was a Black one, I would accept it and be really happy.

Your's is the one that I used in this example... it's fine.
VucMe2.jpg

Justcurious321

4/11/18
I'm not sure what you don't think is not straight... That is about as nice as they get. Your other full pictures were really big, nice, and clear.
If it was a Black one, I would accept it and be really happy.

Your's is the one that I used in this example... it's fine.
VucMe2.jpg

Thanks for that. It was the subdials that weren’t lined up in my eyes (one was higher than the other) for the minutes and hours. I guess this is very minor and I’m sure I will enjoy the watch once I see it in the flesh. Have to admit the TD service is better than service I’ve seen from some ADs... ironic

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I think there is too much nitpicking over stuff that is hardly visible even on a blown up macro shot.

Part of me would agreed... years ago I got a good digital camera and I used it to take pictures of my wife's jewelry to document it all.
I was amazed at how crude all that beautiful, expensive jewelry could suddenly look when it was magnified by the camera.

It is fun to work with Photoshop to see just now good the detail on a gen is, and just how close a rep can really get.
But you are right, if you were just looking at the watch itself, you would never see most of this nitpicking stuff, unless maybe if you already know it's there.

racingeagle

Known Member
9/4/16
Yes it fit the 116500 116710 16570 16600 16710
Ask for the bracelet from the last datejust v2 36mm arf 904L listed on the site

Will the old JF 32J Daytona bracelet fit the Noob V2? I like that bracelet as it’s quality thanks

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Therion666 M Scott

https://imgur.com/a/5RwANo8

This is about as good as it gets in reps. The watch is tiny, so you won't notice it IRL anyway!

Reactions: Justcurious321

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Thanks for that. It was the subdials that weren’t lined up in my eyes (one was higher than the other) for the minutes and hours. I guess this is very minor and I’m sure I will enjoy the watch once I see it in the flesh. Have to admit the TD service is better than service I’ve seen from some ADs... ironic

I went back and checked your QC picture again in Photoshop at about 6x size.
I leveled the dial and then checked the top two sub-dials. The are both dead on level with each other at the tops, bottoms, and centers. Diameters are also the same.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I leveled the dial and then checked the top two sub-dials. The are both dead on level with each other at the tops, bottoms, and centers. Diameters are also the same.

I need you to do my QC's... Hehe, just kidding. Wish I got the Photoshop skill for this.
I just ordered a Noob Daytona, and I know it will have cosmetic flaws, but as long as they are not visible to the naked eye (which most aren't), I can live with them. Anyway, good on you for taking time to allay a member's concerns.

Justcurious321

4/11/18
Therion666 M Scott
Thank you for taking the time to do that. Have accepted the watch and am eagerly awaiting it. Your photoshop skills are truly amazing haha and both of you have been very helpful!

TD has been a pleasure to work with.

Mookata

17/1/15
29a5ac10723e923d96f8a61aa9f348cd.jpg

Apologies in advance if this isn’t the right place to consult for QC advice.

Would like to seek the comments from the rest of the guys here to verify if the 3 & 9 markers seem off or is it due to my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Scott Therion666

Would like to seek both your expertise on this, thanks!

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia

I don’t want to be a party pooper and Iam not a ridiculous about expectations but theat dial is clearly misaligned and yes you can see it on the wrist and yes it will probably bug you . look closely at the center pic of the Noob - look at the gap between the indicies and the Rehaut at the 12 o’clock position and compare it with the gap at the 6 o’clock position. There is very little / no gap at 12 and a reasonable gap at 6. Notice it is even all around on both gen and ARF. On the wrist it just seems as though something is not right / uneven about dial.

i look at a lot of these watches. I am in Beijing right now and looked at 8 of them yesterday with my dealer - I was ready to buy 4 but did not buy any because all of them had small flaws. I do not know why but Noob dials continue to be assembled seriously off center - not of all of the time - it probably at least half the time - And I would say that even the ones without a serious off center problem have some degree of off centeredness. A couple of pages ya someone posted a Noob and ARF dial next to each other - there was a much larger gap between the indicies and the edge of the dial on the ARF vs the Noob . I suspect that the larger dial gives the assembler more play to get it right on the ARF vs practically no room for error or adjustment on the Noob.

The other issues I ran into this trip were 4 of the 8 had SEL issues. Nothing horrible - and Iam not a SEL Nazi - but these 4 either had - 1. A small but noticeable (width of a hair) gap between the SEL and the case (not the mugs but the case) and 2. SEL that would wiggle very slightly (+/- 0.5-1mm) up and down (as opposed to horizontally between lugs). The SEL should have no movement of play at all in it . This is a new issue - because the V1 SEL was not all that bad.

Finally - Noob continues to have varying degrees of dim lettering on the ceramic bezel. We want it to bright white!

None of the watches had all three issues but all of them had at least one. I was disappointed because even some of the $200 rep Daytona’s had better overall cosmetics. I feel that these 4130 movements are going into average / below average cases. You would think that they would elevate their cosmetic game on the watches they put the 4130 into but it appears not to be the case. She you pay $700 for the watch you would like to get a nice example.

Reactions: vcappp

RepHoro

12/9/18
Georgia
Sorry for all the typos - small iPhone. Also does anyone have this problem - I try to post pics - I hit the photo icon and up pops a window titled “image properties” but with no obvious way to grab pics from your photo library and a small notice that says “you cannot upload attachments in this channel”. I’ve tried it on various iPads iPhones and MacPro computer and in all of these I am restricted. I even downloaded the RWI app and tried doing from there but to no avail. Do you need to pay a subscription fee to RWI in order to have image posting privileges? I have ALOT of photos to share that I think many here would find worthwhile. I travel to China all the time and take pics of hundreds of reps that people here are dying to see. Just wondering if anyone else has this particular problem posting photos - have no idea what Iam do I g wrong or if the rep gods are just lining up against me!

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Sorry for all the typos - small iPhone. Also does anyone have this problem - I try to post pics - I hit the photo icon and up pops a window titled “image properties” but with no obvious way to grab pics from your photo library and a small notice that says “you cannot upload attachments in this channel”. I’ve tried it on various iPads iPhones and MacPro computer and in all of these I am restricted. I even downloaded the RWI app and tried doing from there but to no avail. Do you need to pay a subscription fee to RWI in order to have image posting privileges? I have ALOT of photos to share that I think many here would find worthwhile. I travel to China all the time and take pics of hundreds of reps that people here are dying to see. Just wondering if anyone else has this particular problem posting photos - have no idea what Iam do I g wrong or if the rep gods are just lining up against me!

Use Tapatalk.

Reactions: jakekrait