• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Ok so i was feeling the bracelet a little bit weird. So i took it out and found this:

Have a look at both spring bars. Is this normal? Both are the same exact way.
Has anyone recieved their watch like this??

cbc834191b249f999a93782ecd4867be.jpg
bd6c95e9a836b05f1d636205fe466759.jpg
ca5379a12e8556e43a857d779536156b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
You'll need to replace the bezel for sure - it has faded lettering. For some reason - that occurs on about half the black dialed noob. I've seen a ton of these watches in person in China - and the bezels are an issue. It seems to be less of a problem on the white dialed for some reason. In direct light the lettering looks acceptable but in all other lighting its not good. That is far and away the biggest tell on these watches and one that is very noticeable on the wrist - unlike a "slightly rotated 9 marker" (which btw - Iam not even sure what your talking about)

Not to speak for him, but rumor is that Sponge is working on Daytona bezels using his insane platinum process.

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Not to speak for him, but rumor is that Sponge is working on Daytona bezels using his insane platinum process.
I wont be surprised. How do i contact spongebob?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Ok so i was feeling the bracelet a little bit weird. So i took it out and found this:

Have a look at both spring bars. Is this normal? Both are the same exact way.
Has anyone recieved their watch like this??

cbc834191b249f999a93782ecd4867be.jpg
bd6c95e9a836b05f1d636205fe466759.jpg
ca5379a12e8556e43a857d779536156b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange, I received a noob Platona from a m2m trade, noticed the bracelet wasn’t sitting right, took the bracelet off and my springboard looked exactly the same as that, only on 1 side of the springbar, but on both springbars. Is yours Noob?

Reactions: Kitosarg

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Strange, I received a noob Platona from a m2m trade, noticed the bracelet wasn’t sitting right, took the bracelet off and my springboard looked exactly the same as that, only on 1 side of the springbar, but on both springbars. Is yours Noob?

Exactly, noob 116500 v2. They dont even look as if someone forced it and broke the spring bar, they look like theyve been manufactured like that

RepHoro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
Georgia
Do you think that the bezel lettering "fades" over time or do you think that if you got one of the better ones, it would stay looking "okay"?

No it’s not a fade situation - it’s just that the lettering appears skinny and dim. You want nice bright white letters with descent width and depth. For whatever reason it seems better on the white dial - and it’s not an optical illusion I can cover the dial on the white watch and compare it side by side directly with my black dialed and the bezel on the white is night and day different Take alok at all of these pic people posts - you can see it yourself - all the white dials have bright lettering on the bezel and at least half the black dials have dim lettered bezels. Same way when I see dozens of these samples on my China trips

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Exactly, noob 116500 v2. They dont even look as if someone forced it and broke the spring bar, they look like theyve been manufactured like that

I thought it was the previous owner that had forced them, but looks like it’s a factory issue

both of mine are the same

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I don't see any logic in bezels on black version being different than the ones on white version.. Why would they be making a different bezel for the same type of watch, makes no sense.. But I see your point.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
You'll need to replace the bezel for sure - it has faded lettering. For some reason - that occurs on about half the black dialed noob. I've seen a ton of these watches in person in China - and the bezels are an issue. It seems to be less of a problem on the white dialed for some reason. In direct light the lettering looks acceptable but in all other lighting its not good. That is far and away the biggest tell on these watches and one that is very noticeable on the wrist - unlike a "slightly rotated 9 marker" (which btw - Iam not even sure what your talking about)

Obviously if you’re worried about “tells” and what you could get called out about stuff like a slight SEL gap and a misplaced tilted 9 marker that even you can’t see are completely irrellevant. If it’s about personal appreciation of perfection it’s a different story. Of course faded lettering on the bezel is worse and far more obvious.

Last edited:

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
He does them for daytonas, he does a lot of modding works too. Just gotta drop a PM to him and get a quote.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
If anyone has specific questions I would be happy chime in. I still can't figure out why I can't load any pics on here...

How to Upload and Post larger pictures to this Forum...

1. After you click "Post Reply" or "Quote" click on the little icon shown in the picture below.

2. A window from Picr.me will pop up and you can upload a picture from your computer there.

3. After your picture uploads, it will appear in a smaller scale in your new post as shown below.
VZG4Xy.jpg

4. To make your picture full scale again, right click on it and select "Open link in a new window"

5. A new Picr.me window will open with your picture shown in full size as shown below.

6. Scroll down and click on "Embed codes" and a list of direct links will appear.

7. Highlight, Right Click, and Copy the link address in the "Image URL" Box. Do not close this Picr.me window yet.
VZGBZq.jpg

8. Go back to your post window and delete your smaller scale picture that just loaded.

9. Chick on the "Image Button" in the Menu Bar as shown below and an Image Properties box will pop up.
VZPVF6.jpg

10. Paste the link address that you copied into the URL box at the top and then click the red OK button. Your larger picture will appear.
VZGcsp.jpg

11. Repeat to add another picture or just click Post Reply. Go back and close the Picr.me window to be done.

End Result... Nice large picture of 116500 and 116520 Daytonas, both Gens...
AND... if you Right click on this picture and select "Open image in a new tab" it will appear in full size in that tab.
VZ2Jra.jpg

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Much easier with postimage.org...

Actually, other than a couple extra steps at the beginning that allow you to leave it at smaller scale, it's pretty much the same with a similar number of steps.

Nice to have another option though...

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Overjoyed with my watch. Taking it to a watch smith tomorrow to have the clasp adjusted so it fits me better, I am awful at using a springbar tool so will get it done by somebody else.

one thing I will add is that when I received the watch, the first thing that struck me (as always does when I receive a new watch) is just how small these watches are in real life compared to the micro pictures when spend all day dissecting. For example the debate about grain effect on the sub dials... it’s nigh on impossible for somebody to view the sub dials in any form of detail from distance and to some degree, even up close!

One other thing to note is I have a relatively small wrist, this wears perfectly IMO. Much more subtle and sleek than my SD4000 for example

in summary, this is a fantastic and probably the best rep I’ve ever had. It