• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

astato

Horology Curious
10/2/14
So if I would like to buy one, do you recommend me ARF V2 or NOOB V2?

RepHoro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
Georgia
You sound like a noob advetisement. Do you work there?

Some people are just cynics. Iam an airline pilot. This is a hobby. I have 3 dozen reps - all high quality. Most are GMT and Subs. Before the 4130 came out I had two Daytonas with the A7750. As a guy that loves tinkering with the movements and have seen the shit SH3135 and the A7750 with its thick and noisy movement - I started only buying reps with the genuine ETA - 2824/2836 movements. When the 4130 came out - I bought one and started tearing into it to dial it in. I was amazed by its quality. So I bought 4 more. If you read my comments - I am a movement guy. To me that is the essence of a watch. You can create a great looking fake and stick a 5 dollar quarts movement in it and it will tell better time than a gen Rolex. To me the a mechanical movement is holy grail where the pursuit of perfection never ends. It seems as though this A4130 was very closely reversed engineered and not just for cosmetics. The thing is very reliable - chronometer accurate and even has a power reserve that is nearly as long as the gen. I have mine dialed into the +3 seconds a day accuracy and they stay that way - unlike even the ETA. I know the Noob dial is not the cosmetic perfection that some people want - but to me thats ancillary crap. You hear people talking about dropping a gen dial and bezel into their rep - but you never hear of a someone dropping a gen movement into it. Its because the movement is the heart of a watch. If you can master the movement - the rest is fluff that can be sorted out. That's wear I am coming from.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. I have a dealer in Beijing who I have dumped thousands with - who finds me great reps. Ive built a relationship. Iam am there in China. This guy gives me every price break he can. I have shopped others and negotiated hard - and for me - in China - paying cash Yuan - this 904L Daytona V2 Noob still cost me $700. There is no or very little margin in this business. I would never in a million years be involved. For me to dial in one these 4130's to the accuracy I want - takes days. If someone were to send me their watch and ask me to dial it in for them - they would never be able to pay me what my time is worth.

Save your cynicism and celebrate the breakthrough achievement that this watch really is. Noob (or whoever it is that created this movement) deserves a lot of credit and applause.

Bravo!

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
Some people are just cynics. Iam an airline pilot. This is a hobby. I have 3 dozen reps - all high quality. Most are GMT and Subs. Before the 4130 came out I had two Daytonas with the A7750. As a guy that loves tinkering with the movements and have seen the shit SH3135 and the A7750 with its thick and noisy movement - I started only buying reps with the genuine ETA - 2824/2836 movements. When the 4130 came out - I bought one and started tearing into it to dial it in. I was amazed by its quality. So I bought 4 more. If you read my comments - I am a movement guy. To me that is the essence of a watch. You can create a great looking fake and stick a 5 dollar quarts movement in it and it will tell better time than a gen Rolex. To me the a mechanical movement is holy grail where the pursuit of perfection never ends. It seems as though this A4130 was very closely reversed engineered and not just for cosmetics. The thing is very reliable - chronometer accurate and even has a power reserve that is nearly as long as the gen. I have mine dialed into the +3 seconds a day accuracy and they stay that way - unlike even the ETA. I know the Noob dial is not the cosmetic perfection that some people want - but to me thats ancillary crap. You hear people talking about dropping a gen dial and bezel into their rep - but you never hear of a someone dropping a gen movement into it. Its because the movement is the heart of a watch. If you can master the movement - the rest is fluff that can be sorted out. That's wear I am coming from.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. I have a dealer in Beijing who I have dumped thousands with - who finds me great reps. Ive built a relationship. Iam am there in China. This guy gives me every price break he can. I have shopped others and negotiated hard - and for me - in China - paying cash Yuan - this 904L Daytona V2 Noob still cost me $700. There is no or very little margin in this business. I would never in a million years be involved. For me to dial in one these 4130's to the accuracy I want - takes days. If someone were to send me their watch and ask me to dial it in for them - they would never be able to pay me what my time is worth.

Save your cynicism and celebrate the breakthrough achievement that this watch really is. Noob (or whoever it is that created this movement) deserves a lot of credit and applause.

Bravo!

Are you Italian?

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
Besides from InTime, anyone else have already gotten their V2 from Chazing / Trusty? Would be great if there are some QC images to verify from other TDs besides Intime.

Have we determined that PureTime doesn’t supply the “v2 dial”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
looks like it's time for me to pick up a daytona

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I just got my QCs and I must say that I'm no fan of the SELs.

And I'm concerned about the 9 marker on the dial, it looks tilted. Or am I imagining things?

These low res pics are bloody useless...

​​​​​​

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I just got my QCs and I must say that I'm no fan of the SELs.

And I'm concerned about the 9 marker on the dial, it looks tilted. Or am I imagining things?

​​​​​​

As you're pointing out it's pretty hard to tell these things from those low quality pics. The nine marker does look a tiny bit rotated to me as well, though.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
As you're pointing out it's pretty hard to tell these things from those low quality pics. The nine marker does look a tiny bit rotated to me as well, though.

Might be the angle though. I just asked for a higher res photo, this is useless. No pics of the rehaut, nothing..

Last edited:

astato

Horology Curious
10/2/14
Guys to buy one between ARF V2 or NOOB V2, I don’t really want to spent a lot of money, or is better to keep some money and buy the noob ?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Save your shekels and buy the Noob. The difference is enormous, trust me.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
many peaple on the forum did it I have the daytona V2 can give more info when my arf bracelet finally arrives

thank you sir. ive also read many people did it, but dont know if it would on this last new release. Im getting the watch today, im excited to see it in person

Reactions: Biertje

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

​​​​​​
IMG-20190301-113004.jpg

So True!... sub dials are looking much, much better though...

Reactions: Biertje