• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

kudos

18/2/14
These are getting really close now.

But wish they would update the case shape though as that seems like a minor fix.

Reactions: vcappp

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I've highlighted the differences in post 183 using QC's where possible, rather than dealer pics which can be out of date.

The reason you can't see a difference is because the V2 dial you've posted is a V1.

All of your reposted "QC" pictures are too small, and too low resolution to really see any differences.
The Dealer pictures for the V2 Black Dial 116500 are ALL up to date on at least three different web sites, why wouldn't the V2 White Dial pictures also be up to date?

Please post a clear, larger resolution picture of this "Updated V2" White Dial that really is different than the V1...if you can find one.

I have been looking here and on other sites, and just posting what I found.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
There has been lot’s of talk about the new movement inside the daytona’s. According to fellow members it is near perfect. However, i found this thread on repgeek which warns members for the ‘faults’ in the movement. Interesting read imho.

https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/304555-a4130-daytona-116520-observations-movement-particular.html

Thanks for posting this link...
Not very encouraging, but well worth considering. The guy does sound like he knows what he is doing, as he has also added a lot of Gen parts to his 116520 Daytona.

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Noob v2 has been out since before this was actually called a v2. I bought my 116500 white dial before this was officially called a v2. I also bought the ARF dial and bezel which I am still sitting on because I am not sure I am seeing the value in changing it lol. I might get around to it but I am enjoying wearing it too much to send it out for a few weeks to get modded =(

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Look at UNITS PER HOUR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's really obvious at least to me. It's hard to unsee that R once seen. It's still a good looking rep, though.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thanks for posting this link...
Not very encouraging, but well worth considering. The guy does sound like he knows what he is doing, as he has also added a lot of Gen parts to his 116520 Daytona.

It doesn't sound like he's aware of the frequent changing of the dials over time. The alignment of the Ts does not apply to newer Daytonas correct me if I'm mistaken. Also it's the first time I'm hearing that the SA4130 movement should overly unstable and prone to breaking. Actually I hear positive comments like it's a revolutionary rep movement. Maybe I'm missing something.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
It doesn't sound like he's aware of the frequent changing of the dials over time. The alignment of the Ts does not apply to newer Daytonas correct me if I'm mistaken. Also it's the first time I'm hearing that the SA4130 movement should overly unstable and prone to breaking. Actually I hear positive comments like it's a revolutionary rep movement. Maybe I'm missing something.

Well Genuine 4130 Autowindimg module is going to make it wind much more smoother its the part thst has rolex engravings on it soo yea but its not essential movement is stable enough already without it.

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
I dont know if this is a new version of the watch, or just a new batch, but ive noticed in all of the qc pictures people are posting in the forum that noob has corrected the problem with the bezels being not aligned at the 6 o’clock position. To me it seemed like a problem in the bezel design, because the “60” on the bezel was always correctly aligned, and the “120” was off. So maybe theyve updated the bezel.
Or maybe not and just better quality control..

Reactions: leo6929

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
It doesn't sound like he's aware of the frequent changing of the dials over time. The alignment of the Ts does not apply to newer Daytonas correct me if I'm mistaken.

Actually he is correct with his 116520 White Dial... That dial is really nice, but Noob uses the font from the 116500 Ceramic Bezel watch, which is narrower.
It is a Rolex dial font, but it is taken from the wrong dial, something that Noob has not corrected... yet.

Noob also still incorrectly uses the 116500 Black Dial from the Ceramic Bezel watch in the 116520 SS Bezel watch.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
All of your reposted "QC" pictures are too small, and too low resolution to really see any differences.
The Dealer pictures for the V2 Black Dial 116500 are ALL up to date on at least three different web sites, why wouldn't the V2 White Dial pictures also be up to date?

Please post a clear, larger resolution picture of this "Updated V2" White Dial that really is different than the V1...if you can find one.

I have been looking here and on other sites, and just posting what I found.

The difficulty is getting close enough to watches where I can verify the date of production.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-v2-evaluation

I have since updated and will do every time I get a better picture

VVn1JT.jpg

The white dial pics aren't up to date trust me, I go by QC pics and can spot a noob from an ARF very easily. I speak to so many dealers and none of them have the depth of knowledge we have, not even the likes of Angus. They don't update the pics because maybe they don't have a sample yet, or because they haven't got round to it.

ARF V1 copied the 2016 Gen - Good Effort 7/10
ARF V2 copied the 2018 Gen dial & 2017 bezel - Amazing Effort 9/10
Noob V1 copied the 2017 but used the prototype in the Rolex 2017 Guide as a reference - Bad 3/10
Noob V2 copied the 2017 Gen - Great Effort 8.5/10

Last edited:
Reactions: jcher

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
So what ya all think about this discussion about the reliability of the movement? Some people are claiming it’s revolutionary and very smooth while others like the modder over at repgeek is claiming it’s extremely fragile and will break unless you have it serviced right away and fix or workaround the flaws.

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
So what ya all think about this discussion about the reliability of the movement? Some people are claiming it’s revolutionary and very smooth while others like the modder over at repgeek is claiming it’s extremely fragile and will break unless you have it serviced right away and fix or workaround the flaws.

I had a noob v1 on my wrist for about 6 months, seconds hand constantly running.

Never once did it stop or let me down.

Only thing that let it down was when exposed to pool water (splashes) it gave off a terrible brown oxide type substance. I’m hoping the v2 is a bit better for this.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
For those already with the V2, any issues with putting an oyster flex strap?

im debating getting the 116500 V2 with an extra rubber strap to go along with.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
defb269db411aad69cf0ed73732f1a9a.jpg
a70a0f6cf2ef1d19f4f1aaa9cf3ec0b0.jpg

Can anyone help me identify if this is the v2?.... it looks a bit different than the one on intime but TD told me it’s the latest one they got from noob yesterday....

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
defb269db411aad69cf0ed73732f1a9a.jpg
a70a0f6cf2ef1d19f4f1aaa9cf3ec0b0.jpg

Can anyone help me identify if this is the v2?.... it looks a bit different than the one on intime but TD told me it’s the latest one they got from noob yesterday....

Yep v2

Reactions: superyl

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Sorry but it still looks look the same Dial that Noob has been using since last fall.

I wish it was new like the Black 116500, but I just don't see any difference...

if you Right Click on this image and select open in a new tab, you can see it larger.
VViZ36.jpg

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
It looks like having extra space around the O and the R from V1 to me. We need confirmed HD pics of both versions of the white dial for reference.