• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

GrizzlyBear

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
16/3/18
the subdial on the white seems finally very good for me , but the 6 marker seems crooked here :(

Yes, it is not straight

What is the verdict on these "V2" - is the black the model to go for?

Reactions: vcappp

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I have been waiting for an update for the white dieal 116500 and I think this Noob V2 or v2.1 (whatever they want to call it), is getting close enough to me. I am sure you can scrutinize the crap out of these watches and find flaws, but no one outside of the forums is going to really notice them (especially when it's on your wrist and not blown up to the size of your screen). Here's a link to a video some gen collector posted to youtube where he describes how shockingly good the original noob panda was: https://youtu.be/blFdKaCNFEA This guy is a gen collector and he is going over the images taken of the original noob by an AD. None of the tells that anyone has pointed out on the forums, either here or in the Noob v ARF site, were picked up by these guys. The stuff they did pick up on (if you can call it that) were really minor at best and it wasn't until they opened the case back to look at the movement which is when they determined it was a rep--since the finish on the A4130 isn't remotely close to the quality on the gen and there are a few mechanical differences.

At this point, I say go for the noob over the arf and get any dial you like. Sure, there may be some more improvements, but it's not going to make much of a difference in the scheme of things and you'll really enjoy this watch. For those that bitch and moan about the price of these noob daytonas, get over it!!! Yeah, they are expensive, but have you gone over to check out the prices on AP Royal Oak Offshores recently. They aren't that much less--they aren't even remotely close to as accurate as the Noob Daytona and the movements are not reliable or really close to look like the gen. As far as reps go, this noob v2 (whatever you call it), is super sweet. When I got into this game 7 or so years ago, this would have been a super rep of the highest order. Some of you noobies are way too spoiled by the quality you can get today. These are reps for christ's sake.... they are never going to be perfect (but pretty darn close). I say buy and enjoy!!!

Last edited:

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I have been waiting for an update for the white dieal 116500 and I think this Noob V2 or v2.1 (whatever they want to call it), is getting close enough to me. I am sure you can scrutinize the crap out of these watches and find flaws, but no one outside of the forums is going to really notice them (especially when it's on your wrist and not blown up to the size of your screen). Here's a link to a video some gen collector posted to youtube where he describes how shockingly good the original noob panda was: https://youtu.be/blFdKaCNFEA This guy is a gen collector and he is going over the images taken of the original noob by an AD. None of the tells that anyone has pointed out on the forums, either here or in the Noob v ARF site, were picked up by these guys. The stuff they did pick up on (if you can call it that) were really minor at best and it wasn't until they opened the case back to look at the movement which is when they determined it was a rep--since the finish on the A4130 isn't remotely close to the quality on the gen and there are a few mechanical differences. At this point, I say go for the noob over the arf and get any dial you like. Sure, there may be some more improvements, but it's not going to make much of a difference in the scheme of things and you'll really enjoy this watch. For those that bitch and moan about the price of these noob daytonas, get over it!!! Yeah, they are expensive, but have you gone over to check out the prices on AP Royal Oak Offshores recently. They aren't that much less--they aren't even remotely close to as accurate as the Noob Daytona and the movements are not reliable or really close to look like the gen. As far as reps go, this noob v2 (whatever you call it), is super sweet. When I got into this game 5 or so years ago, this would have been a super rep of the highest order. Some of you noobies are way too spoiled by the quality you can get today. These are reps for christ's sake.... they are never going to be perfect (but pretty darn close). I say buy and enjoy!!!

I have to agree, I haven’t been collecting for the longest time, I joined RWG 3 years ago and even then the quality was nowhere near what it’s like now, I don’t like obvious flaws but when I see guys mentioning the font on the O being slightly wrong I can’t help but laugh, I’ve got 2 Noob Daytona’s now and 1 ARF love them all, I can only imagine what’s going to happen in the next 3 years!

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
It's a trade off, us folks in the forums who criticise the slightest imperfection are small fry in terms of NOOB/ARF's overall sales.

However we are the ones they look to in order to make these super reps.

Without RWI, RWG and the Geek there would be no Noob 4130.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Got my ARF white dial QC today and it is absolutely perfect. Indistinguishable by eye from the 116500 2018 panda dial.

That, a gen crystal, gen gasket and ARF bezel are going on my noob and unless I can nab some hands from somewhere it's mission accomplished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Got my ARF white dial QC today and it is absolutely perfect. Indistinguishable by eye from the 116500 2018 panda dial.

That, a gen crystal, gen gasket and ARF bezel are going on my noob and unless I can nab some hands from somewhere it's mission accomplished

Is the ARF bezel all that though? Mine seems to not be as light as the gen, granted this image is heavily edited

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
No its bang on. Yours looks quite dark there

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Is the ARF bezel all that though? Mine seems to not be as light as the gen, granted this image is heavily edited

looks awesome on that bracelet too. Nice watch.

I decided on keeping my current noobv2 and ordering an arf dial along with the Noob 116519 with the oyster strap. Because.... it just looks gorgeous.

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
I’ve really enjoyed being a fly on the wall for this thread. You are right, the quality on these daytona’s are unbelievable. Curious on the longevity of the noob Daytona. Apologize if this has been covered in a different thread. I try to do my best to search before I ask, but I can’t walways find.

wombob78

13/10/14
Hi guys, I checked with puretime, apparently they said there is no such updated Daytona subdials from Noob yet for V2, as I saw in puretime their V2 version comes with fat subdials.

wombob78

13/10/14
Or could it be puretime is not aware of the new updated dial from noob?

wombob78

13/10/14
Interesting to see that intime has special treatment from Noob ????