• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob daytona 904L V2

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Puretime sells just the dial. So far no where that I have checked sells the bezel. So it's either be happy with a dial swap or buy a doner arf watch swap the dial and bezel and try to resell the arf doner watch with a noob dial and bezel

Thanks man! Yah I would like both but don’t want to drop another $500 for the ARF watch.
Min pushing Lucy to see if she can source one. Everywhere else I have tried has been unsuccessful.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Thanks man! Yah I would like both but don’t want to drop another $500 for the ARF watch.
Min pushing Lucy to see if she can source one. Everywhere else I have tried has been unsuccessful.

Yeah I asked Ryan about the dial and bezel... his reply was the bezel is unavailable. So ..... kinda not clear on the dial so I reasked when I asked if this is a new Noobv2 since the price is 10 bucks more...

Trying to pair it with my next rep order and save on shipping.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
The fat subdials was the only thing keeping me from buying this, going to be getting this asap.

Reactions: RaginCajun

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
The black on black (16500) is in my opinion the only noob that has really gotten a major upgrade. It has way better subdials now. The 16520 hasn't been updated at all, but probably will be soon. However, for me the Noob 16500 BOB v2 is very appealing!

Last edited:

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Oh sweet! Love the black dial! Man I just sent my noob off to get an arf white 116500 dial and bezel installed.

tangle

5/8/09
UK
Did you get a date for any more to be in stock ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
AQss8.jpg
vs gen

I keep seeing people say the sub dials are still too fat on the white dial. These look almost exactly the same to me.

shaKi47

Known Member
5/4/16
For me too :( Its out of stock. I wait since 3 Days and still no Watch. I think it needs a little bit.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Is a picture of a user in another thread:

He photoshop both in same size. The Subdials looks better here.
43Ye2.jpg

II don't know how many times I have to say this til people listen to me.

There are four gen dial variations for the 116500. Only two are really visible for people who don't eat modafinil all day and procrastinate when they have work and assignments to do :D

V1 - 2016 - Skinny O in ROLEX, skinny subdials. Serif in R

AS5kd.jpg

V2 - 2017 - Fat O in ROLEX, skinny subdials, no serif in R

ATE1g.jpg

V3 - 2018 - Fat O in ROLEX, fatter subdials, Serif in R

ATcoh.jpg

V4 - 2019 - Fat O in ROLEX, skinnier subdials than 2018 but fatter than 2017, no serif in R

ATQms.jpg

Both ARF and Noob based their design on the 2018 version, so the slightly fatter subdials is a NON-ISSUE on the v2.

AFs2F.jpg

Where noob fucked up is they based their dial on the ROLEX catalogue NOT the actual watch itself. Therefore you see a disproportionate spacing between the O and R & L in ROLEX

AF9ur.jpg

Basically, they copied a book.

None of the dials are perfect. ARF put the numerals too high in the subdial but only marginally. It is a VERY good copy of 2018 116500LN, perfectly passable
When I first saw noob I thought OMG what the hell have they done. But actually it's not the worst attempt given they probably copied 2016 and the 2017/2018 catalogue.

Noob O is not as such wrong, it just looks weird and is fantasy because it takes elements of different variations.

I stand by the conclusion that the dial, for best effect, should be ARF.

Also, I won't repeat for white, but bear in mind 2018 was slightly less bright white and more creamy. Marginally. So no need for waxing treatments etc because ARF is copying the 2018 dial.

For 116500 bezel, just get hold of the ARF however you can. The noob is wrong. I held both and the gen in my hand. The ARF is a shade too glossy but the noob is very cheap looking, the engravings are too shallow, and the S in units is totally wrong.

NOW GIVE ME SOME REP POINTS MOFOS ;)

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I keep seeing people say the sub dials are still too fat on the white dial. These look almost exactly the same to me.

I cant tell the difference and im looking at both side to side. No idea what people see that is so off that they deem it unacceptable. I'll be perfectly happy with it OOB so i'll be ordering one.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
i just placed order one with Toro, black white whatever he finds first :D

Reactions: SuperLory

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
Thanks for the bezel info, only gen dial and hands will do for this baby :wink:

If ARF is too shiny then gen 16520 SS bezel will be going on.