• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first purchase advice!

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Good evening everyone,

i came across this forum after searching for replica Rolex watches online and had joined only a short while ago after a lot of reading, mainly on a lot of very very informative threads which must have taken up a considerable amount of time to create, to try and help me choose the correct first purchase.

i will start by saying that i am so happy i found this forum and anyone that has written anything i have read on here i appreciate very much, it has been a huge help in understanding the replica watch game in terms of upgrades, movements, trusted sellers literally everything.

one of the biggest problems that i seem to be facing is that because i have extremely small wrists at 6.5 inches my range is very limited in terms of what i would be a good choice of Rolex watch that would look aesthetically pleasing as i do not want the face to be huge. i have two model choices of watch for now that i would like to buy so any help would be appreciated.

i absolutely love the Rolex day date and it is my favourite design of watch along with the sky dweller, however, i would like to feel a sense of realism when wearing it and feel i would not get this from a watch that typically costs as much as a deposit for a house! one thing about this watch that i love is the bracelet design and hopefully i would be able to find something that would be suitable in the near future.

i have narrowed it down to the Yacht master, two tone everose gold and steel i particularly like, and also i had actually looked at this watch in retail stores and feel that the size and look of this watch wouldn't look too large for me. that being said the rhodium and the two tone with black dial i like nevertheless all are stunning watches. i have also read that there are many ways to upgrade parts of the watches to make them more genuine which is something that i never would have thought was possible on a replica watch.

The question i ask is for anyone with a yacht master, from what seller and what model of the yacht master would you consider to be a 'great' replica for out of the box without modifications with a decent movement? i know that this may be a very vague question however after reading so many threads i seem to still be stuck. ideally i would just want to make a purchase and be happy with it knowing that it is a good replica and wear it without the intention of modifying it in any way at all. i have seen this yacht master from trusty time which looks great http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=19348 and wondered if this would be sufficient or if anyone has any input on this watch in terms of pros and cons that would be great.

any help or guidance in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I would recommend you stick to a black sub. Great for any size wrist and if you aren’t going to modify, go ARF 2824 116610ln. The yach is a terrible rep, especially two tone, unless it’s the grey or blue dial version.

Reactions: img11

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
I have a 6.75 inch wrist and agonized over a what I consider a large watch (43mm). 90% of the time wear a Tudor Black Bay Bronze that clocks in at 43mm. My personal rule is the lugs cannot overhang the wrist. I have fairly flat wrists and am comfortable with this large - to me - watch. I would say it is at the top. So I think 40mm will be just fine for you. Especially if you have looked in the store.

As to the particular watch. Any of the high end reps on a trusted dealer are going to be fine out of the box. None will, however, be perfect. They are not genuine. That said the watch will be indistinguishable for the average person. This one is not on the consensual Super Rep list and I cannot speak about it personally

The mods performed by members on this board are done generally because seeking perfection is part of the hobby for some. I would be willing to bet that 95%+ of all reps bought by individuals on this site see no cosmetic modifications at all. They are a get it and wear it watch.

momedic

Known Member
25/7/12
Your mom's basement
My suggestion if you decide to go with a sub as mentioned above would be to go with a 5 digit(16610). IMO they wear smaller on the wrist than the newer 6 digit ceramic subs.

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
I would recommend you stick to a black sub. Great for any size wrist and if you aren’t going to modify, go ARF 2824 116610ln. The yach is a terrible rep, especially two tone, unless it’s the grey or blue dial version.

wow okay thank you for your input. i didn't realise they were a bad rep, ive obviously still got a lot of reading to do. i had in mind the grey dial version. The only thing is i have tried on the sub, a genuine one and it just seemed really really bulky for some reason?! i may have to consider this to be honest as i just want something i will be happy with thank you for your advice!

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
I have a 6.75 inch wrist and agonized over a what I consider a large watch (43mm). 90% of the time wear a Tudor Black Bay Bronze that clocks in at 43mm. My personal rule is the lugs cannot overhang the wrist. I have fairly flat wrists and am comfortable with this large - to me - watch. I would say it is at the top. So I think 40mm will be just fine for you. Especially if you have looked in the store.

As to the particular watch. Any of the high end reps on a trusted dealer are going to be fine out of the box. None will, however, be perfect. They are not genuine. That said the watch will be indistinguishable for the average person. This one is not on the consensual Super Rep list and I cannot speak about it personally

The mods performed by members on this board are done generally because seeking perfection is part of the hobby for some. I would be willing to bet that 95%+ of all reps bought by individuals on this site see no cosmetic modifications at all. They are a get it and wear it watch.

that is exactly what i was trying to describe, i don't want the lugs overhanging my wrists, that i completely agree with you. i just hope that i can find something that is suitable for me and be happy with wearing it. may i ask which of the trusted dealers you reccomend for sub/yachtmaster/daydate from your experience?

thank you for all of your help

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
I have only ever used Puretime. They treated me well my first buy, and I saw no reason to look further.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My suggestion if you decide to go with a sub as mentioned above would be to go with a 5 digit(16610). IMO they wear smaller on the wrist than the newer 6 digit ceramic subs.

This ^^^^. If you want to feel smaller, even though they measure the same size case. Tc>JF member to member

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
I have only ever used Puretime. They treated me well my first buy, and I saw no reason to look further.

ive read a few threads regarding some watches from puretime and they were all positive. ill do some more research. thank you for your help mate!

img11

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Ryan from Intime

thank you mate, you have answered my next question really. i have seen/read some really good things about ryan from Intime so i will do a bit more reading and research before i go ahead with an order.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
ive read a few threads regarding some watches from puretime and they were all positive. ill do some more research. thank you for your help mate!

The watches from Puretime are the same as the watches from any other trusted dealers. They do not manufacture the watches, they resell to you and do quality control. The model is defined by the factories, such as JF, Noob, KMF, OMF ...

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
The watches from Puretime are the same as the watches from any other trusted dealers. They do not manufacture the watches, they resell to you and do quality control. The model is defined by the factories, such as JF, Noob, KMF, OMF ...

Yes but I’ve seen different batches, for example, puretime arf 2824 are terrible right now. Intime is good

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes but I’ve seen different batches, for example, puretime arf 2824 are terrible right now. Intime is good

It's the same story, the batches are from the factories, not from the reseller. So unless the reseller keeps inventory - and usually they don't, it's a risk and they don't need to - they would tap into the same batch at the same time. Then when there is a new batch everybody gets it. What can happen now and then though is that someone is being proposed a watch that was previously rejected by another customer. Therefore it can be from the previous batch

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yes, that I get. All I know is the time I had ordered from a reputable dealer they had told me all ARFs had that flaw, insert numbers too close to edge, I had rejected 3 watches because of this. While I was told the whole batch had that issue, many folks here were getting ones without that flaw from a different dealer. Why was this so since they are buying from the same place? One dealer had a better eye? One dealer kept some inventory? I could tell by QC Picts coming in, which dealers were selling good watches and which were selling flawed ones as this had continued. QC watch positions give the dealer away.

. ...and then there was the V9 debacle , dealers selling v8s as v9s. Dealers were saying they had no idea as we are given these watches from the factories. Dealers are only here to make money. One can conclude that some do take in small supplies of inventory and they do get “rid” of them, somehow. Lastly buy it from these trusted dealers as they will get you through the process, but buy with caution, and from one that you trust more as they have less friction on the experience. You have good ones here, I was just giving my advice from good batches to not so good based on QC Picts coming in from different dealers.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020