• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC 904L SS Case and Bracelet SH3135V2 Please Help! 15.8 s/d?

watchmeister7

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Hi Guys,

I recived today for the first time QC pictures. I'm not an expert and couldn't find anything in this forum that could help. So I ask for your opinion.

In the picture you can see that the watch goes 15.8 seconds per day in advanced. Is it normal? For another user it was only 1.6 seconds.. And how can I find out that this is really 904L steel?

What else do you think of the QC pictures? I would be grateful to every opinion.

I bought them at puretime:

Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet SH3135V2
QC picture link removed my mod

Thanks a lot in advanced

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
16 seconds isn't totally nuts. I've seen some QC shots at like 30 lol. Lots of seiko watches, etc will come with ~15 second/day deviations.

Timekeeping also varies from position to position of the watch, as well as varying with how wound the mainspring is (due to a non-continuous torque escapement).

As for 904L v. 316L, the difference is apparent in the color (904L has a bit more of a "white gold" look to it) if you know what to look for, but otherwise you must take their word for it. Folks here on the forums have run materials analyses to verify 904L steel, and it has been verified.

Reactions: watchmeister7

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Stop entertaining this nonsense QC thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchmeister7

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Maron, why? I'm sorry if I bore you with that question. But as a newbie, I depend on your opinions. As you can see we now have 2 different opinions...The forum is there to help...I'm not sure how I should react now...

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi Guys,

And how can I find out that this is really 904L steel?

There's a test where you drip acid on the watch. It will show the steel type but leaves a nasty spot on the watch.

watchmeister7

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Ok Guys

Thanks for the answer - but if you see the QC pictures , would you take it or wait for another one?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Ok Guys

Thanks for the answer - but if you see the QC pictures , would you take it or wait for another one?

Mate, please read the rules about posting QC pics. Your question on 16s/d is legit. Asking for random comments on the pictures if you don't have a specific concern is against the forum's rules. That's why you're getting some push back

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Ok Guys

I have removed the link to your pictures
What you have done is against our rules and can lead to a ban

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

watchmeister7

Horology Curious
18/2/19
ok im sorry, i will not do it again. Actually i have recived new QC pics. with adjust the time to 9s/d. i think i will accept.