• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116710 GMT Master 2 (CHS Movement) - Waiting Room

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
ARF will do nuttin

This will be another overhyped release from ARF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol at you guys still waiting for ARF to make something worth talking about

Petruo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/18
So after six months since i have been here, which is the best gmt Master 2 out of the Box Right now??

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
So I put a gen crystal in to a GMF yesterday.

IMG-1044.jpg

IMG-1042.jpg

IMG-1040.jpg

How ever, now the movement needs mods :(

Reactions: cassapanca

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

It looks to me like the datewindow seems quite small within the Cyclop, maybe due to crystal's distance from dial?

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16

IMG-1044.jpg

IMG-1042.jpg

IMG-1040.jpg

The gen crystal sits very well, gmf crystal sits too high
What mods will you do to the movement?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
It looks to me like the datewindow seems quite small within the Cyclop, maybe due to crystal's distance from dial?

Here is a GEN overlaid on my GMF, Ive moved the Gen image down a touch so you can see the DW easier. Cyclops and DW looks identical? What am I not seeing?

BLNR.jpg

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-116710-BLNR-Black-front.jpg

IMG-1045.jpg

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
The gen crystal sits very well, gmf crystal sits too high
What mods will you do to the movement?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

What I found was that its the crystal teflon seal that makes the Rep crystal sit hight, if you want you can use a gen seal and it will drop it to the same height.

All the tubes that hold the hands need to be machined down to lower the stack, otherwise the seconds hand is hard against the underside of the crystal.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Here is a GEN overlaid on my GMF, Ive moved the Gen image down a touch so you can see the DW easier. Cyclops and DW looks identical? What am I not seeing?

BLNR.jpg

Rolex-GMT-Master-II-116710-BLNR-Black-front.jpg

IMG-1045.jpg

Maybe it's a wrong perception and if so apologies mate. But it looks to me that the surface of black around your datewindow and within the Cyclop is bigger than on a gen.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
Im not seeing it, can you give some examples? Overlaid the two are almost identical.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Don’t forget that Rolex uses crystals with different amounts of magnification. So there isn’t really a “right” amount of mag. The main tells on the GMFs are about the movement and case.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
are all GMF's GMT master II overall better than the other factories? or just certain ref numbers

In my opinion all the 6 digit GMF GMT's are better than the other available options.
Other members will have a different opinions - you have to balance out whats important for you.

Guicamarao

17/2/14
get the Noob CHS, add a gen bezel and prof cristal you have the best 1:1 Rolex rep available. Doing the same with GMF won't have same result....

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
What I found was that its the crystal teflon seal that makes the Rep crystal sit hight, if you want you can use a gen seal and it will drop it to the same height.

All the tubes that hold the hands need to be machined down to lower the stack, otherwise the seconds hand is hard against the underside of the crystal.

Is yours on a gen or rep seal? I can’t really tell if the crystal was lowered closer to the bezel.