• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC 16622 - what frankening additions would you make?

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
Despite a very good day at the office and the desire to go out and get my gen vintage sub immediately, the Yachtmaster has been calling to me for years, but just always looked overly sporty. Now its time to test drive a TC before I'm certain I'm making the right call.

I just bought this - https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/7518931-tc-factory-direct-rolex-yachtmaster

She needs a service, but I have time to acquire parts. What would you do as far as frankening?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Just Franken sell it to me! Lol

with TC's they don't need anything done with only and exception of a Gen crystal and gasket.

This is a great peice out of box. The next step would be to install an SH3135 which would involve many gen parts installed onto the movement.. but also the door would open to gen hands and date wheel along with dial, keeping in mind with the price after all said and done it's better to leave it as is and wear it and see if the Gen purchase would be worth it.

Me personally I'd go for a 5 digit ln sub

cheers mate and good luck!

Reactions: KJ2020

Baron Rees

Renowned Member
Certified
2/3/14
Fitting an SH3135 to this case may not work. On the TC Elabore Yachtmaster the case back won’t close with a yuki installed. However, the factory direct Yachtmaster case may be the same spec as the Sean case, so may work with a yuki.

occb2 are you able to chime in?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
TC uses same case as WM9 IIRC. I tried getting an SH3135 in it and and it was a no go so I bought a Sean case instead.

Both are great but after a refinish I wouldn't change my Sean. Well, other than putting a vr3135 in it to replace the shitty sh.

TC is great OOTB but not a great watch to Franken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray7

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
1/4/18
Old Dart
occb2 has likewise suggested the gen crystal and nil further work.

Does anyone happen to know the gen part number for a 5 digit YM crystal and gasket?

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
I have a Sean/TC build. ETA, gen dial, and insert/bezel. I was in a phase and had the cyclops removed from the gen crystal. I’m an Idiot. And now regret it. While I do think it balances a rolex, it is not instantly recognized from a distance (if that’s your thing). At times it is, others it isn’t.

As of late I seem to be thinking about getting rid of it so it can have a new home. I rarely wear it. It seems to be a bit flashy for me and only gets time in the summer with a leather strap. The leather tones down the bling. I think the only reason I don’t sell, trade is regret. It’s so elegant.

Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Beautiful watch mine says hi. I’ve thought about a gen crystal and a Tom bezel mod, but kept it stick so far