• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Phong?

sarron7

Horology Curious
17/3/06
Hi All,

Is Phong at jewelryandwatch still good to go. I wanted to place an order, but saw online that there may be some legal trouble going on and I didn't want to throw my cash down a black hole.
Thanks in advance for any info.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I would wait. Yes, he is in a legal battle against the US and Swiss attorneys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Did the status change? I was planning on ordering from him and stumbled upon this.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I heard that he reached a settlement with Rolex that including him stopping copyright infringement. That would mean no more knock offs I would think. I doubt someone whose been targeted and settled with Rolex is going to dance too close to that fire again. Plenty of hits on google relating to this.

Reactions: phdsjain

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I just looked at his site and he's removed all references to Rolex- now it's RLX and a lot of model numbers w/o the Rolex name. He's always been upright in the past, so I'd figure he's still a good source for aftermarket parts.
I didn't find his son, Jensen Dinh/Vintagewatchmaker.com anywhere, so it looks like he may have been shut down or quit the business- I do know Rolex was after him a while back

Last edited:

TA1199

12/6/14
I have been trying to get in touch with Phong for several weeks now with no response, I have 2 gens that need servicing. No response to text messages or emails that he normally used. I haven't been in contact with him in roughly 2 years. I thought maybe something happened to him som I googled him and I found out about the legal issues. I guess he is laying low.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
He’s fine. Business as usual.

Contact via email but his replies are a bit slow (couple days).

Contact him on WhatsApp (his number is on the website) and he replies immediately. I texted him just last week.

He’s on hols out of the US until the end of March, so that might be why there’s been a delay in his responses.

Last edited:

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
I have been trying to get in touch with Phong for several weeks now with no response, I have 2 gens that need servicing. No response to text messages or emails that he normally used. I haven't been in contact with him in roughly 2 years. I thought maybe something happened to him som I googled him and I found out about the legal issues. I guess he is laying low.

For west coast I’d recommend Craft and Tailored, Downtown LA.
For east coast I’d recommend John Brozek, Saint Petersburg

Shame that Vanessa Contreras has retired:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-service-explained-by-vanessa-contreras-cmw21

Just make sure to use a CW21 certified watchmaker. Not sure if phong is?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

milisub75

Horology Curious
15/3/20
Phong is still doing work. I just had him do a case engraving for a 5517 build.

Reactions: TA1199

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Rolex took phongs son Jensen to court. Phong is still up and running.

Reactions: KJ2020