Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

GMT Vintage on Intime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    GMT Vintage on Intime

    Dear all, this GMT 1675 seems availabe on Intime: it is disposable in 3 versions, I could be interested in the 2836 version or in the 2813.
    The reference seems to be wrong, but the watch is this one: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/3663-...e-markers.html

    Do you think that the 2813 (21600 VPH) could be correct for this reference and that the GMT hand could work?
    Or it is better the 2836 (28800 VPH)?

    I don't care about the "1570 like" one, since I don't look inside the watch

    Thank you for your help!

    #2
    The GEN 1675 is also a low-beat (cal. 1570 with 19800) like the 2813 with 21600.
    So the 2813 would be very period correct.
    Also the GMT hand in on the bottom = like the GEN has.

    If you do not want to swap with an ETA2846 + GMT module later, I would go for the 2813 movement.
    time goes by so slowly ...

    Comment


      #3
      dito and FYI - the chinese GMT is also known as DG3804


      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Matt5513 View Post
        Dear all, this GMT 1675 seems availabe on Intime: it is disposable in 3 versions, I could be interested in the 2836 version or in the 2813.
        The reference seems to be wrong, but the watch is this one: https://www.intime04.co/rollie/3663-...e-markers.html

        Do you think that the 2813 (21600 VPH) could be correct for this reference and that the GMT hand could work?
        Or it is better the 2836 (28800 VPH)?

        I don't care about the "1570 like" one, since I don't look inside the watch

        Thank you for your help!
        The reference is wrong, the watch you linked is not a 16710, but a 1675. The 16710 has WG marker surrounds, different case, CG, no rivet bracelet, etc. Aside from that it looks OK, the markers aren't too orange like many vintage GMTs are.

        I would get the 2836 it's a much better movement. The 2813 GMT hand is not independent, meaning it would always be slaved to the hour hand. There is a 2813 GMT variant, the 3804 which provides for an independent GMT hand, but that's not mentioned here. Of course if you want the slaved GMT hand, it's not an issue. The 1675 hand was slaved.
        We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, I know the 16710 (sapphire glass, different dial etc...): I search a 1675, and even if they listed as 16710 it looks not bad as a 1675 starting point (nice case, not bad dial, correct hand stack...) for modding it.

          I lightly modded a 1680 JK and I'm more then happy with that, I search something similar for GMT

          Do you think that the 2836 could be too "modern" with 28800 VPH? In that case I will go with the 2813, but I don't know if the GMT hand works on the 2813. The 2836 has day and date, so I figured that maybe they use the day wheel for the GMT hand, but it is only my supposition. I don't know about a day wheel on the 2813, for that i asked if it works.

          Huge thanks for your advices!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

            The reference is wrong, the watch you linked is not a 16710, but a 1675. The 16710 has WG marker surrounds, different case, CG, no rivet bracelet, etc. Aside from that it looks OK, the markers aren't too orange like many vintage GMTs are.

            I would get the 2836 it's a much better movement. The 2813 GMT hand is not independent, meaning it would always be slaved to the hour hand. There is a 2813 GMT variant, the 3804 which provides for an independent GMT hand, but that's not mentioned here. Of course if you want the slaved GMT hand, it's not an issue. The 1675 hand was slaved.
            i would expect that the watch should have the DG3804 and not the fake slave hour + gmt in "one hand and that intime has just specified the movment wrong here - but to be sure ask the TD which movment excatly is assembled and if hour hand is independent


            Comment


              #7
              I haven't met anyone yet who can see the difference between 6 and 8 beats a second. The datewheel is going to be better on the 2836 plus it's a better movement. GMT hand is still on the bottom so no factor there for this model. Easy choice for me.
              We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
              BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

              Comment


                #8
                the handstack of the mvt looks like a DG3804 with working independet GMT function to me - but to be safe ask intime


                Comment


                  #9
                  Thank you guys!

                  Other then the movement, does this GMT seems aesthetically "correct" to you?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Matt5513 View Post
                    Thank you guys!

                    Other then the movement, does this GMT seems aesthetically "correct" to you?
                    Well mate my opinion is that the DG3804 slow beat is good for the vintage plexi GMT also you can get easily a new DG3804 to swap for little money,
                    with the A2836-GMT is a chinese GMT-module construction on ETA base (this movement does not exist as a gen ETA caliber) - not sure if they are nowadays more reliable


                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by MoD2Franken View Post

                      Well mate my opinion is that the DG3804 slow beat is good for the vintage plexi GMT also you can get easily a new DG3804 to swap for little money,
                      with the A2836-GMT is a chinese GMT-module construction on ETA base (this movement does not exist as a gen ETA caliber) - not sure if they are nowadays more reliable
                      Thank! Is the DG3804 a 2813 with GMT function or is it a movement that I have to use to replace the 2813?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Matt5513 View Post

                        Thank! Is the DG3804 a 2813 with GMT function or is it a movement that I have to use to replace the 2813?
                        It is a separate movement, a DG2813 variant. It shares nearly all of the characteristics of the 2813 but has extra parts that provide independent GMT functionality. Unlike a 2836 with GMT parts, you cannot make your own 3804 out of a 2813. You can add the GMT bits to any 2836 and make your own GMT. 2836 GMTs are as good as the base parts and the bits.

                        If this watch comes with a true 2813, you would have to replace it with a 3804 ($40) to get an independent GMT hand.

                        Factories and TDs do not always advertise movements accurately. The Sky Dweller GMT movement is also advertised as a 2813. It is not, it is another 2813 based GMT variant, the Mingzhu 5833.

                        https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=24989

                        ​​​​​​https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152795013429
                        We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Wow, thank you for all the great informations!

                          Aniway, if with 2813 the gmt works, I could spare a little, use it for some time, buy a 3804 and replace it.

                          Aesthetically it looks OK to me. What do you think about it?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Buy the 2813 version (mostly there is a DG3804 inside)
                            The case shape needs improvement but with some skills or a watchmaker / modder who will do this - you will have than a nice watch.

                            It is a good base to start for moddings
                            time goes by so slowly ...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I've often been tempted to buy one of these, but each time I conclude that have a problem with the thickness. At 15mm it's just too far off the original, which sits lower and more elegantly on the wrist.

                              https://gmtmaster1675.com/the-case/
                              Last edited by Flaskevin; 12-02-19, 12:13.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X