• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dark spots on bezel

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
That's what I thought. My English is just fine thank you. When you put 2 sentences one after the other, the first one being about water proofing and the second one being a generic comment, it reads as a logical conclusion of a premise. So maybe your expression isn't as good as you think it is. Anyway I don't see the point of making fun of someone just because they made a mistake, but that's just me.

My OP was concise and very clear chap . I'm not making fun of ANYBODY ! I have just used the KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) method in my advice , which I use daily in my own life . By his own admission this guy jumped into a pool because he had seen pictures of others in Arf replica watches swimming . He didn't check whether his own watch was waterproof beforehand with a professional pressure test . So he should be thankful he didn't end up with a Fubar waterlogged watch .Rather than bezel marker markers which have reacted to pool chemicals, and can be easily rectified with a paint mod .

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I didn't say that chap you really should work on your English comprehension . I am just amazed that ANYBODY would buy a $500 FAKE Rolex and jump into a pool with it . At least not before having it professionally pressure checked .

The OP has NOW stated he got out of the pool and washed the watch off in clean water and soap . It looks to me like the chemicals in the pool have effected the bezel markers . So as previously stated my advice stands ' don't buy a fake watch and expect it to have the same spec as a many $1000's high end Swiss dive watch ' .

I would say advice even a simpleton could understand.

Jesus fu**ing christ - whats your problem?
There is no issue with his watch being waterproof - it is.
Your point is that a fake watch isn't a real one? Well, thanks a lot for that genius.

__

OP, its common for a bit of dirt / grease to do this - unlikely to be a tiny amount of chloramine in a pool.
Take a soft toothbrush and some dish soap to it with hot water - and I mean hot.
That should fix it up.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Your point is that a fake watch isn't a real one? Well, thanks a lot for that genius.

__

OP, its common for a bit of dirt / grease to do this - unlikely to be a tiny amount of chloramine in a pool.
Take a soft toothbrush and some dish soap to it with hot water - and I mean hot.
That should fix it up.
Who jumps into a pool with a replica watch without having it pressure tested first ??? Anyway feel free to offer the OP any advice you can , I'm here to learn as well . However any comments aimed at me because you don't like my posts or my way posting keep them to yourself .In other words go fuck yourself .

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16

__

That should fix it up.
Thank you, I'm also doubting it's the pool chemical. I'll do this ASAP. Sent you a PM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Who jumps into a pool with a replica watch without having it pressure tested first ??? Anyway feel free to offer the OP any advice you can , I'm here to learn as well . However any comments aimed at me because you don't like my posts or my way posting keep them to yourself .In other words go fuck yourself .

I hope you are receiving the help you so obviously need.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Anything stronger than mild soap like alcohol, jewelry cleaning fluid etc will risk even more damage. If soap didn't fix it, it's time for a paint mod. A paint mod wont hold up in a pool unless its a spongebob mod, so I wouldn't subject it to that.

Reactions: Phener9

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Just read the op.if using a toothbrush and dish washing up liquid amd don't help .the chlorine water probbly mssed up the insert.them you need to order a new insert from your td not too expensive luckily.my td I use alot is andrew

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Just read the op.if using a toothbrush and dish washing up liquid amd don't help .the chlorine water probbly mssed up the insert.them you need to order a new insert from your td not too expensive luckily.my td I use alot is andrew
Perfect Smoke, thanks. I just spoke to a friend that has a gen GMT and a gen sub, he says that its common for those watches to get those stains between the bezel number. Sometimes splashed water that doesn't dry even like raindrops, dirt or grease and can be taken off with the same techniques you guys have told me. You agree with him? Have you had this experience with any of your subs?

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Ok, so here's the update. I washed the watched with warm water, dish soap and a toothbrush. First, I let it sit for 2 minutes inside hot water with dish soap diluted and then I applied the dish soap directly on the bezel. Then I cleaned with brush and rinsed the soap off with hot water till there was none left. Got a soft cloth and cleaned it. Here are the pictures. I see like if it's gone, but it's night right now, want to wait till tomorrow morning to check well. Looks like it's gone except for the 7 o clock marker that I still see like a small shade, but it could be my mind and OCD playing with me.
3e91cacb8c7c8da87d2d2220527a41d8.jpg
10e3421ec602212c02120cfb4bdcdea0.jpg
115ce6369c15aee230e43a3fffa08bde.jpg
0884044c642ae8f4c574895263162774.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks much better. I'm not sering any flaws, pics aren't like in hand though.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Guys, a housekeeper will laugh her guts out with our case.
Obviously is a sand (or glass) blasted surface that can absorb grease.

So, OP has three options;
a) leave the watch as is and clean it once in a while.
b) apply an alouminium protective paste (from a local car detailing shop?) inside and see how it goes.
c) have a topic (by hand not in a bath) electroplating inside the holes with "white" color for alu. (it's not white, it's clear but most professionals call it that way)

chocolito

Come on, what are those shit about fake watches that you refer so passionated? do you have some kind of fixation?
Don't they are machined steel? don't they tell the time or been weared on hand?
The only FAKE is their brand man.
Of cource they lack of quality control or some detailing that will risk a part and it's always recomended to have a watchsmith
service and water proof them if you want the most out of them but, fake? really?

So Skoda are fake cars that copy Seat that are fake WV that are fake AUDI?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Ok, so here's the update. I washed the watched with warm water, dish soap and a toothbrush. First, I let it sit for 2 minutes inside hot water with dish soap diluted and then I applied the dish soap directly on the bezel. Then I cleaned with brush and rinsed the soap off with hot water till there was none left. Got a soft cloth and cleaned it. Here are the pictures. I see like if it's gone, but it's night right now, want to wait till tomorrow morning to check well. Looks like it's gone except for the 7 o clock marker that I still see like a small shade, but it could be my mind and OCD playing with me.
3e91cacb8c7c8da87d2d2220527a41d8.jpg
10e3421ec602212c02120cfb4bdcdea0.jpg
115ce6369c15aee230e43a3fffa08bde.jpg
0884044c642ae8f4c574895263162774.jpg

It looks absolutely fine, don’t sweat it and enjoy your Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Looks brand new I think your being a little paranoid maybe.you don't need a new insert bro
Yeah, good news is that the bezel doesn't need to be replaced. Although yesterday's pics were more hopeful then today in the morning. The "40" improved a bit, but the 7 o'clock marker seems to still have the imperfection. Don't know what that is, maybe not grease. Maybe it came like that from factory and I never noticed but who cares Ill let that pass and enjoy the watch. Maybe get a SpongeBob mod further ahead. Here's an updated pic. Wanna thank you all for helping me with your knowledge.
797113341385b26b2c2e6b81848e326e.jpg

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Before I advise on the watch, I would like to caution to NOT wear a watch below the wristbone. Your wrist movements are severely compromised, and if you trip and if you try to protect your torso or head by breaking the fall with your hands, you will end up with a broken wrist.

Other than that, I would encourage you to not tolerate any flaw with any rep. For the monies paid, they should be as good as gen, or better.

In my personal experience, every rep rolex I have purchased has proven to be watertight, whether it be in the pool, the beach, the shower, or the kitchen sink. I havent paid attention to discoloration of parts though.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Other than that, I would encourage you to not tolerate any flaw with any rep. For the monies paid , they should be as good as a gen , or better .
:wtf:There really is some heavy substance abuse on this forum .