• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynaboy2
    started a topic Restoring brushed finish on Sub bracelet

Restoring brushed finish on Sub bracelet

Good Evening-
    Im seeking advice on the best technique to restore the brushed finish on my Sub bracelet. Thank you in advance for you're help!!

• saxo
    replied
    Originally posted by momedic View Post

Does this work on the lugs of the case too or do you have to use those little wheels and Dremel to get the correct finish on the lugs?
    For the difficult spots and angles like the lugs i recommend using a fibreglass pen, for the tips you can use the ones from Bergeon (2834) as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• saxo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonj480 View Post

This - use medium then fine.
    Its a Bergeon block 5444. Just use the fine one, using medium to fine is for deep scratches. If your watch is full of desk dives then the fine will do the trick.

I use a cape cod cloth to polish the satin finish, just a few strokes it'll look amazing. Take note that cape cod is very abrasive and can ruin your brushing, so just a FEW strokes and wash it off with mild soap and warm water.

Leave a comment:

• Smpfan
    replied
    Rolex changed their brushing type and technique. Sub-c clasp for example has graining effect (or call it micro scratches whatever you choose) which can be achieved with rubber wheels (some call them stone wheels) and can not be achieved using bergeon or any other brands woven or unwoven type of wheels, pads sandpapers etc..
    yosimiz You‘re right. This surface cannot be achieved by using abrasive blocks or any pads.
    Can you please point me into the right direction with a link or pic of a rubber or stone wheel?

Until now I did every work by hand but I‘m planning to use a grinding machine in future.

Greets Andi

Leave a comment:

• momedic
    replied
    Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like it might be over my head. I’ll be reaching out to you to send my 5 digit to you after I install a few gen parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Jonj480
    replied
    Should look like this:

Leave a comment:

• Jonj480
    replied
    For a 6 digit case I use the medium if it is minor fixes. 5 digit cases are a little different.

If ya wanna know.... because they are brushed at a 45degree angle, I use a 240 grit sanding stick, then the medium block, then the fine to tone it down a little bit. Then I will redo the bevel on a belt grinder with a 5000 grit belt, then final polish the bevel so the line between the polish and the brushing is nice and clean.

Leave a comment:

• momedic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonj480 View Post

Does this work on the lugs of the case too or do you have to use those little wheels and Dremel to get the correct finish on the lugs?

Leave a comment:

• Jonj480
    replied
    Originally posted by saxo View Post
    Get a Bergeon sanding block, does the trick with steady hands and a little elbow grease.

Leave a comment:

• saxo
    replied
    Get a Bergeon sanding block, does the trick with steady hands and a little elbow grease.

Leave a comment:

• yosimiz
    replied
    Originally posted by momedic View Post

Are you talking about these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CQ23AM..._.vDzCb810WA2S

7445 is exactly what I use. You just need a few passes. It has abrasive compound in it so use it gently. If you over do it will shine and the bracelet finish won't look correct. Altough you can always rebrush it easily..

Leave a comment:

• momedic
    replied
    Originally posted by yosimiz View Post

Nice work man, try to get white 3m pad. It is used for final polish on brushed finished surfaces. It will make the steel "whiter"
    Are you talking about these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CQ23AM..._.vDzCb810WA2S

Leave a comment:

• yosimiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Smpfan View Post
    Some more examples of Gerryflex work. It goes with titanium as well.

Greets Andi
    Nice work man, try to get white 3m pad. It is used for final polish on brushed finished surfaces. It will make the steel "whiter"

Leave a comment:

• yosimiz
    replied
    Mate you need to be more specific about your question. Is it 5/6 digit? The model is super important as the tools used for the task is different.

Rolex changed their brushing type and technique. Sub-c clasp for example has graining effect (or call it micro scratches whatever you choose) which can be achieved with rubber wheels (some call them stone wheels) and can not be achieved using bergeon or any other brands woven or unwoven type of wheels, pads sandpapers etc..

Originally posted by lpl View Post
    3M Sandpaper Pad
    Green Scotch Brite Pad.

This is the homemade way. The gen-like brushing consists of multiple variations/combinations of Bergeron polishing wheels designed for Rolex, adding a "white" look on the steel.
    Bergeon does not produce those wheels mate, just like they don't produce most likely half of their products in house. I lived in Switzerland for 5 years, can testify for cost of living, manufacturing and salaries. if they would produce every single item on their catalog ue and wouldn't rebrand them you would pay x3 times for each item due to labor, manufacturig etc costs..

For example bergeon one dip is a sticker product, the rubber silicon bergeon wheels are rebranded artifex wheels list goes on..

Leave a comment:

• Smpfan
    replied
    Some more examples of Gerryflex work. It goes with titanium as well.

Greets Andi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X