• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Restoring brushed finish on Sub bracelet

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Get a Bergeon sanding block, does the trick with steady hands and a little elbow grease.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Get a Bergeon sanding block, does the trick with steady hands and a little elbow grease.

This - use medium then fine.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
For a 6 digit case I use the medium if it is minor fixes. 5 digit cases are a little different.

If ya wanna know.... because they are brushed at a 45degree angle, I use a 240 grit sanding stick, then the medium block, then the fine to tone it down a little bit. Then I will redo the bevel on a belt grinder with a 5000 grit belt, then final polish the bevel so the line between the polish and the brushing is nice and clean.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Should look like this:

CD9F681A-91E7-4542-8B5E-D7D081C38E431c239aa3a56ace7a.jpg

momedic

Known Member
25/7/12
Your mom's basement
Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like it might be over my head. I’ll be reaching out to you to send my 5 digit to you after I install a few gen parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Rolex changed their brushing type and technique. Sub-c clasp for example has graining effect (or call it micro scratches whatever you choose) which can be achieved with rubber wheels (some call them stone wheels) and can not be achieved using bergeon or any other brands woven or unwoven type of wheels, pads sandpapers etc..

yosimiz You‘re right. This surface cannot be achieved by using abrasive blocks or any pads.
Can you please point me into the right direction with a link or pic of a rubber or stone wheel?

Until now I did every work by hand but I‘m planning to use a grinding machine in future.

Greets Andi

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
This - use medium then fine.
Its a Bergeon block 5444. Just use the fine one, using medium to fine is for deep scratches. If your watch is full of desk dives then the fine will do the trick.

I use a cape cod cloth to polish the satin finish, just a few strokes it'll look amazing. Take note that cape cod is very abrasive and can ruin your brushing, so just a FEW strokes and wash it off with mild soap and warm water.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Does this work on the lugs of the case too or do you have to use those little wheels and Dremel to get the correct finish on the lugs?
For the difficult spots and angles like the lugs i recommend using a fibreglass pen, for the tips you can use the ones from Bergeon (2834) as well.