Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

is there a real 5 digit sub without rehaut and without drilled lugs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a real 5 digit sub without rehaut and without drilled lugs?

I thought when the 5 digit had no rehaut it had drilled lugs.

and when they added the rehaut they took away the drilled lugs?

Im looking at Submariner 16610 LN Black No Rehaut Engraving JF 1:1 Best Edition on SS Bracelet SH3135. seems like options are so limited for 5 digit lovers. dam you 6 digit for existing! fat maxi dial and case!

Rehaut engraving was added to the 16610 late 2007 on ‘Z’ serial cases onwards. Drilled lugs disappeared in 2003 on ‘Y’ serial cases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Many years of no lugs and no rehaut.

Comment

Originally posted by botsyboy View Post
        Rehaut engraving was added to the 16610 late 2007 on ‘Z’ serial cases onwards. Drilled lugs disappeared in 2003 on ‘Y’ serial cases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        ahh cool thanks.

I like rehaut and i like no lugs. Any idea who makes the best rep of these 07 + ones

Comment

Originally posted by fallingtitan View Post

ahh cool thanks.

I like rehaut and i like no lugs. Any idea who makes the best rep of these 07 + ones
          Same watch, extra inserts. No lug holes. LF factory. Not a super rep but I love mine. You can get it with oyster by asking.

Any TD can get it, send them a link.

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/pro...php?CateId=734

We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.

Comment

What's the best option if you want a 5-digit sub without date?

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Same watch, extra inserts. No lug holes. LF factory. Not a super rep but I love mine. You can get it with oyster by asking.

Any TD can get it, send them a link.

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/pro...php?CateId=734

how you change the insert so easy? doesn't it damage and bend with removal? or do you have 3 bezels as well?

Comment

One bezel on this watch. Insert and bezel fit are slightly different from one rep to the next. You just have to learn the techniques and components of the different types. Some snap in, some glue in, some double-sided tape, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                  One bezel on this watch. Insert and bezel fit are slightly different from one rep to the next. You just have to learn the techniques and components of the different types. Some snap in, some glue in, some double-sided tape, etc.
                  who made yours? do you have 3135 clone in there?

Comment

who made yours? do you have 3135 clone in there?
                    Link to the watch (with specs) is in the first post of mine that you quoted and no I don't do superclones.

Comment

Originally posted by naturaqua View Post
                      Nothing. No option available. There is no REP for a 14060 // 14060M (Sub No Date)

You can go for a 4-digit >> 5513 Sub No Date or for the 6-digit >> 114060 Sub No Date
                      time goes by so slowly ...

Comment

There are no reps of the 14060 available.

Comment

ahh cool thanks.

BP make a nice 16610 - without lug lugs and with rehaut engraving

Comment

Originally posted by Nur-Uhr View Post

Nothing. No option available. There is no REP for a 14060 // 14060M (Sub No Date)

You can go for a 4-digit >> 5513 Sub No Date or for the 6-digit >> 114060 Sub No Date
                            Alright... and if I find gen 14060 dial it won't fit in the 16610... I guess I have to give up then....

Comment

Alright... and if I find gen 14060 dial it won't fit in the 16610... I guess I have to give up then....
                              No it will not fit. The 14060 dial is smaller in diameter. It will fall through the 16610 case.
                              The 16610 and 14060 are completely different watches. Different case and size, different dials and size ....

If you like an "oldschool" No Date Sub - go for a 5513.
                              Source a Cartel / JKF 5513 and source dial and so on and than modify and rework the case to become a real nice GEN looking No-Date. The best choice.
                              time goes by so slowly ...

Comment

Working...
                              X